Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 22 1 2 20 21 22
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Only waiting on Dorman and Kelly Walsh-WY now.

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Kelly Walsh-WY has submitted their player and Dorman will send their selection in this evening.

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
2007 Palmetto Cup All-Tournament Team
Andy Barbieri, Sophomore, Defender, Fort Mill
Sean Bell, Junior, Midfielder, Kelly Walsh-WY
Brett Burana, Senior, Midfielder, Christian Brothers-TN
Danny Cates, Junior, Midfielder, Dutch Fork
Russ Coleman, Senior, Norman North-OK
Jeff Day, Senior, Forward, Riverside
Andrew Eppelsheimer, Senior, Midfielder, Wando
Sean Flynn, Junior, Forward, Spring Valley
Keagan Graham, Senior, Goalkeeper, Christian Brothers-TN
Adam Greene, Senior, Goalkeeper, Farragut-TN
JC Gypin, Senior, Goalkeeper, Brookland-Cayce
Evan Koening, Junior, Defender Dorman
Seth Kulasekera, Senior, Midfielder, Daniel
Jason McCabe, Senior, Goalkeeper, Dutch Fork
Enzo Martinez, Sophomore, Midfielder, Northwestern
Pete O'Malley, Senior, Midfielder, Christian Brothers-TN
Kevin Orzech, Senior, Forward, Lexington
Aaron Peter, Junior, Defender, Riverside (Most Valuable Player)
Malcolm Reed, Sophomore, Pinewood Prep
Kyle Rodgers, Senior, Midfielder, Riverside
Jake Russell, Senior, Midfielder, Farragut-TN
Josh Shockley, Senior, Goalkeeper, Riverside
Brandon Verano, Freshman, Midfielder, Airport

The All-Tournament Team has been completed. Thanks to all the teams participating in the 2007 Palmetto Cup and congratulations to all the players mentioned above!

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Norman North is currently 13-5 and in the Oklahoma state playoffs semifinals.

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Congratulations to the following 2007 Palmetto Cup participants that have advanced to the S.C. state semifinals:

4A - Spring Valley / Wando and either Lexington or Northwestern
3A - Riverside

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
2008 Committed Teams - Airport, Bishop England, Brookland-Cayce, Cardinal Newman, Cullman-AL, Dutch Fork, Fort Mill, Lexington, Norman North-OK, Spring Valley, Wando.

We still have offers out to several schools (some out of state). Christian Brothers-TN is pending a trip to Brazil during spring break, if not approved/worked out, they'll return to the Palmetto Cup. South Anchorage-AK is working on coming back in '08 as well, but pending approval.

More to come.

I
kick off
kick off
I
I just thought that I would tell you all if you didn't know.

Farragut(TN) who participated in the Palmetto Cup this year won the AAA State Championship yesterday in Tennessee. They defeated an arch-rival Bearden(TN),defending state champion, team who was 26-2, and finished the season 26-3-0, with 2 losses coming to Farragut. Farragut finished the season with a record of 19-3-5(this is counting the Palmetto Cup Christian Brothers game which some say was a tie, and PKs were to advance and some say it makes it a loss, but either way on Eurosportscoreboard they have it as a tie), 2 of those losses coming to the Bearden(TN) team which they defeated in the finals. Farragut also tied a Harrison(GA) team which won the AAAAA State Championship in Georgia. Farragut also tied a CAK(TN) team who just won their fifth consecutive state championship in Tennessee.

Christian Brothers(TN) was not so lucky. They lost yesterday to Baylor(TN) 1-0 in the championship game. Not 100% on their official final record, but it was something like 21-2-3.

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Thanks for the update! From the news story (below), it looks like it was a great match. Look forward to having Farragut back at the Palmetto Cup next year.

Farragut does it for Brooke, 5-4
News Sentinel (Knoxville, TN)

2008 Palmetto Cup

I
kick off
kick off
I
http://www.wbir.com/sports/story.aspx?storyid=45643
look on the right where it says click here to view the video and click it to view the video. This should show the game winning goal in the 78th minute from a free kick just outside the box. I believe there are a few other goals on there as well. It was definitely the best game, of any sport, that I have ever been to and possible seen. 2 goals in about 30 seconds against probably the best keeper in the state of TN. It was one for the ages.

I love the first 2 sentences of the article in the link I gave above. "Bearden and Farragut are separated by five miles. Too bad the fans had to drive 181 miles to see their Class AAA State Championship game."

http://www.volunteertv.com/sports/headlines/7703682.html Just click the video link at the top of the page, or you might be able to watch it on the right hand side. Here is another video that shows 3 goals, including a nice header that if I remember correctly put Farragut up 4-2 with about 17 or so minutes left in the game.

Page 22 of 22 1 2 20 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard