Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that this year isn going to be really different then last year for 1-A soccer. For instance Wade Hampton is not as good as they were last year and Denmark is going to be sort of good this year unlike last year in 1-A. [Cool]

C
goal kick
goal kick
C
I think that does not really matter because Christ church and Southside Christain are going to play for the championship again in the upper state championship.

The only way to have a good I-A soccer league is to overhaul the whole system and rate teams on skill not size as well as combine scisa is he public school league

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i think scisa teams should have to play in their own class. let public schools play public schools. then you will know the real state champions in 1-A. after all don't most private schools look down on public schools? so why would they want to be in a public league?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The system overhaul you speak of would be nearly impossible to bring about with any measure of objectivity. Every team's skill level changes every year.

What's that you say? "Some schools are always better than other schools." Though this may be partially true, forcing a better team to play in a lower conference and assigning higher "ratings" to teams that aren't as good would happen too often for a true state championship to be awarded.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Count Zero I just wanted to say that Southside didn't play for the Championship last year. It was Christ Church and Williston.

I think that the three teams to beat will be Williston, Blackville, and Christ Church.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can you rate willison and blackville in the same class as christ church? williston and blackville beat all the other 1a schools all year and then get crushed by christ church. CC plays the top 2,3,and 4a teams all season and beats those teams more often than not (like riverside and mann. Having played all the 1a schools williston and blackville are nowhere close to as good as southside christian. if oyu were to take cc out of 1a, southside would run away with the title.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blackville and whoever have not beat all other teams in 1a. I would like to see them play against Ninety Six. NS is a very good team. If you took out CC, Southside Christian would not run away with the title. They were very luck to walk away with the win the other night against NS. The field was chewed up from the rain and they were getting lucky bounces. Southside Christian better watch out when they play NS on their homecoming game. If the field is right then they will lose to NS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does it even matter, christ church will dominate 1a this yr and for yrs to come. i think 1a should come up with an all-star team to play christ church for the state title. if you gave the all-star team a 5 goal lead then it might be a good game.

C
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
C
1-A soccer has changed a bit this year. I hope to see Dixie gain a little attention now that they have beaten the #2 and #4 ranked teams. Buford has developed a strong squad, moving up to #3. 1A soccer is a different animal than the 3As and 4As. 1A schools are 1A schools because of their population. Therefore, they are not generally located near populated areas where club soccer flourishes. I believe, for the most part, that club soccer provides the most instruction/training for the player since it involves the majority of the year and generally has the better qualified coaches/trainers. No ugly emails here - there are exceptions. I applaud those schools that have strong soccer programs in rural settings, it is more evident that the school/player/coach is committed to the sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just for to let you know Wade Hampton isn't 1A they are 2A

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard