Page 1 of 2 1 2
#41892 03/06/02 07:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since there is a growing number of AA/A teams, do you think that it is time to rank the top 10 teams rather than just the top 5. There are a few good teams that deserve to be ranked and do not get the recognition because there are only 5 slots available.

#41893 03/08/02 05:08 AM
World Cup
World Cup
Walhalla has done well this year blowing some teams out. The only real competition I saw you play was against Daniel and that got ugly quick. Despite that loss I think that they have earned at least some sort of mentioning in the top 5.

#41894 03/08/02 02:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
christ church will take the title again so all the rest is trivial. no need for any rankings other than #1-christ church

#41895 03/08/02 02:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did not start this topic to start debating which teams deserved to be ranked. I just think the rankings need to be like all other divisions and include the top 10 teams. In response to region1 coach, Walhalla has done well so far, but they have yet to play a true quality team. If you are saying that they have run the score up on anyone, I must disagree. In all regular season games, Walhalla has played their starters for only the first 20 minutes of each half. If you look at who has done the scoring, there is no one dominant player for Walhalla. Much of their scoring in all of their games has come from bench players. In response to scrimmage scores, they have no relevence. They do not count in the rankings process because every qualified person knows that teams do not have all of their players and that most teams play every body that they do have in order to give players an opportunity to earn a starting position.
To soker, I agree with you that Christ Church is possibly the best team in the State and much deserving of their number 1 ranking. I think that some teams, like Southside Christian for instance, may disagree with me though.

#41896 03/09/02 05:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that the AA/A rankings should be moved to 10 spots or maybe even 15. I think that every team should at least know how they stand. And with only five spots open they dont get to see how well everyone in their region is doing.

#41897 03/23/02 11:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that if you just keep moving up the rank that just makes everyone feel special...you souldn't do that if your team is good enough to be ranked they should be reconize through skills and things...but if they stick with five then if you are in there you really will be reconized and it will show that you are good but if you have like 10-15 spots then anyone can get in it even if they haven't won...sorry that is my opinion!! [Razz]

#41898 03/24/02 02:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with those that think it should be more that five. The number of A/AA girl teams is growing so they should also let the rankings grow. It is a disadvantage for new teams to try and get on the rankings because of the teams that have been there for so long. Maybe the teams that are there are real good but there are some teams that aren't ranked that are real good too.

#41899 03/24/02 04:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think if anything move the rankings up to at least 10 for the teams who don't get recognized that should be but as far as 15 goes that just makes teams that shouldn't feel special feel special.

#41900 03/25/02 05:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All I'm asking for is it to be moved to 10 spots like everyone else. I agree that it is an honor to be ranked and that 15 spots would allow teams that don't really deserve to be ranked to be recognized.

#41901 03/25/02 05:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10 would probably be alright but for 15 that does make it a little bit too easy to get ranked. [Wink]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard