Page 2 of 2 1 2
#41902 03/27/02 02:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that only certain regions get ranked because a few teams in our region are really good and no one is ranked. If they did rank all regions A/AA in South Carolina( which I believe that they do...but I am not sure) then maybe they should move the number to 10. I am not disagreeing that the top 5 should be ranked by any means... I am just saying that a few more slots should be open for other teams.

#41903 03/29/02 01:18 PM
World Cup
World Cup
I think that 10 spots should be allowed as well. Just because they are not as dominant as everyone else, seriously no offense, or as large doesn't mean that they shouldn't get the full benefit of rankings. Walhalla, I don't know if that was some potshot with the "...any qualified person..." comment, but I'll pretend it wasn't. If scrimmages do not count in your important evaluation of teams than neither should preseason tournaments or first three games. Soccer is such a part of the culture in your town and you obviously would agree with that. Any "qualified" person is aware of the overlapping of seasons. I think we are past girls simply playing on boys teams in A/AA. There are plenty of qualified players on all-girls teams to compete with the big schools. They are good enough and deserve the full 10.

#41904 03/29/02 04:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did not mean to offend with the "any qualified person" comment. Scrimmages as well as preseason tournaments should not count. as for the first 3 games, we have to count them, but I agree that you can't put a lot of stock in them, because most teams are missing players due to the overlapping of seasons.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard