Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why is it that girls always get the bottom end when it comes to athletics and why do guys always get the best? 2 prime examples: (1) we had a game scheduled for 6 and at 6 there were no refs there. at 6:30 they still weren't there so we called the game. i can guarantee that if it had been a guys game not only would there have been refs, there would have been 3! (2) on saturday we had a game and we had 1 ref and no linesmen. how do they expect us to play with one ref? surely he can not be expected to be everyone at once! then about half way through our game, 2 other refs show up for the boys game and they just sat and watched! maybe they aren't supposed to jump into a game but our poor ref was dying! so i stayed to watch the guys play and they didn't have 2 but 3 refs!!!!! how does that work????? if this is happening across the state then we need to protest and take it to the top because under title 9 we should all have equal oppurtunity, etc. let me know!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Be glad for one ref it he/she did a good job. Some times we have two and they still don't equal one good one. [Smile] Get the girls coach to see who in the school is responsible for the scheduling. If they did their job, then go to the next level and see why the refs didn't show.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this one ref thing happening only in Charleston? We had a game in Charleston Saturday and had one ref, no linesmen. There was also a boys game following ours and two more refs showed up and watched the end of our girls game.I think something needs to be done at the state level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YOU TELL UM GRACE!!!!!!!!!

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
I think all complaints about refs not showing should go to the ref assignor. He is the one responsible and receives all schedules at the beginning of the season. He is probably at the root of the problem...I have past experience with this. Take it to the source.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop whining- when guys only have 1 ref, do they complain? no.
you shoudl focus on the game, not all the refs. If you cant get it done on the field, dont play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I disagree with you nugball. I have coached guys and girls teams and they both complain when only 1 ref shows up. I definitely think we have a problem when it comes to girls soccer not getting the same respect as guys.

Link Copied to Clipboard