Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#41923 03/10/02 03:56 PM
World Cup
OP Online Content
World Cup
The S.C. High School Soccer Coaches Association has released the Week 3 Rankings at the Scoreboard page (URL provided below).

Remember, only scores and results reported to SCSOCCER.COM by 8:00 pm each Saturday factor into the weekly rankings. Please be sure to have all information up-to-date!

Thanks!

Kyle

SCHSSCA Rankings -- Week 3 (March 10-16)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious as to how the ratings are developed. It would seem to me that a team whose only losses were to the #1 4-A girls (Mauldin scrimmage) and #1 3-A girls (Riverside) should be ranked ahead of a team with a losing record and lost to an unranked Chapin team. What's up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chapin is ranked # 4 in the AA division. Which team are you talking about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
socachick00, I must apologize. I had my facts wrong. The team I am referring to was Dreher moving up to #2 after losing to 2-A Bishop England. I confused Chapin's victory over Brookland Cayce with B-E's victory over Dreher. However, I am still confused how a 3-A team with a losing record (Dreher) can move ahead of Eastside with a winning record who only lost to the 4-A #1 and the 3-A #1. All of eastsides victories were against ranked teams. Greenville, J.L.Mann, and Hillcrest. Who did Dreher beat for their victory? I think the rankings are an indication of the lack of participation in the SCHSSCA by upstate coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a question concerning the rankings of 2-A schools. How is it that teams are ranked? Are they ranked by their records, playing ability, oppents records, goals scored? I think that it is weird for Hannahan, who has a 0-0 record as recored on the rankings page, is ranked when there are other schools that have better records. Just someone please let me know! Thanks a lot!!

Link Copied to Clipboard