Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Mauldin at #21 and Riverside at #25 are this week's South Carolina entries to the StudentSports.com Spring Fab 50 Rankings as listed at the Web site address below.

The Class 4A Mavericks, 9-0 overall and coached by Gwynne Armstrong, are rated just above Coach Terry Archenhold's Class 3A Warriors (9-1) at #25.

In accordance to guidelines from the National Federation soccer rules interpreter, all matches decided on shootouts are considered ties for both teams involved, so Mauldin's record reads 8-0-1 in the National Poll, while Riverside's is 9-0-1. Both squads are ranked #1 in their respective Palmetto State classifications.

March 19, 2002 Fab 50 Girls Rankings

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats, to both of these teams. They have some very talented players on both teams. It looks like dual participation has not hurt their programs.

D
throw in
throw in
D
The Christ Church girls, with the exception of one slip-up against Southside Christian, is probably the best girls team around. Watch for them to continue winning. In a scrimmage earlier in the year, Christ Church beat Riverside 2-1 in a game that was not as close as the score may indicate. Both Britten Meyer (CCES) and Lindsey Beam (R) did not play in that game. A big test for the Cavaliers will be next Thursday against Bishop England in Greenville. Stay tuned.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Although after CCES beat Eastside on Tuesday of this week I would have agreed, with their loss to Greenville last night, CCES might want to re think claiming they are the best. Is Greenville that good, or did CCES have an off game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In a match thoroughly dominated by the Raiders, Greenville won 5-1. It was probably the first match Greenville played this year with all its regular starters playing. Britten Meyer did not play for CCES last night and the score may have been closer with her playing. CCES is still a very good team and one of the better teams in the state along with the Raiders. I can assure you that Greenville still has not played the best soccer we are capable of playing.

D
throw in
throw in
D
I did not see this game nor have I heard anything about it, but the Red Raiders girls must be playing some VERY good soccer. Congratulations on the win, and good luck.

Link Copied to Clipboard