Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#41981 03/24/02 08:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This title should go to Lancaster's Abby Walker. This girl is awesome! She already has 23 goals this season, including one game vs. Andrew Jackson where she scored 7. Seven!!! Check her out. She's a premier forward w/some of the best feet around. And she's only a freshman. [Razz]

#41982 03/25/02 01:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Although this girl's stat's are very impressive, I think the level of competition should be considered. Watching girls in the Upstate, there have been numerous occasions where girls form Eastside, or Riverside could have possibly scored as many goals as they wanted. Fortunately, the coaches have more class than to allow a single player to "pad" her stats against a weaker team. I have seen players moved to different positions, or players pulled from the field to keep games close. A good example is Lindsey Beam. She scores quality goals against quaility opponents. There are other girls who do this also. Let's wait and see if this Walker girl can deliver when she is being marked by two defenders and playing teams with quality defenders.

#41983 03/25/02 03:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes this girl maybe the best but down here at the beach i know that evertime me or some one off my team scores 3 or 4 goals in the game our coaches put us in defense. I am sure that if our coaches didn't do that people on my team would score just as much as she would.

#41984 03/25/02 09:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lancaster has never been shut out thanks to Walker. They've played teams alot better than themselves too, so she has scored "quality" goals. One of the reasons she stays in is b/c the other forward is a senior and the other is a junior. Abby Walker is a freshman and I guess the coach feels as if he needs to give her experience.

#41985 03/25/02 09:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lancaster has never been shut out thanks to Walker. They've played teams alot better than themselves too, so she has scored "quality" goals. One of the reasons she stays in is b/c the other forward is a senior and the other is a junior. Abby Walker is a freshman and I guess the coach feels as if he needs to give her experience.

#41986 03/26/02 05:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What club team does this young lady play for? If it isn't a top level team, then she's wasting her talent if she is that good. What age group is she? U15? Just curious.

#41987 03/27/02 12:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best girl's player is Samoria Roundtree from Crestwood High School. She just started playing soccer last year, and she led the team in goals, and this year she already has over 17 goals. The only reason she doesn't have more is the coach has more class than to just run up the score. But if she wanted she could probably average over 3 goals a match. But because of the powers that be she probably won't even get as far as All-Region. Pretty messed up huh??

HOLLA AT A PLAYA!!!

#41988 03/27/02 12:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Abby Walker does not play for a club team for a couple of reasons. 1st is that she was ranked 3rd in the state as a Tennis player. 2nd is that she plays Varsity Basketball as a Freshman.
3rd is isn't that enough. She is great. The only girl that I have seen this year that is better than her is the Girl from RNE.

#41989 03/28/02 05:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by BlackGuyAtDaWood:
The best girl's player is Samoria Roundtree from Crestwood High School. She just started playing soccer last year, and she led the team in goals, and this year she already has over 17 goals. The only reason she doesn't have more is the coach has more class than to just run up the score. But if she wanted she could probably average over 3 goals a match. But because of the powers that be she probably won't even get as far as All-Region. Pretty messed up huh??

HOLLA AT A PLAYA!!!

Amon, must you 'holla at a playa' every single time you speak? It gets very old.

#41990 03/28/02 08:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Riverside's Lindsay Beam is one of the finest high school girl players that I have seen in the past ten years. She is very talented in all facets of the game and she plays hard the entire 80 minutes. When she is in the game, you get the feeling that Riverside has 14 players to your 11 on the field. She is everywhere!!!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard