Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#41981 03/24/02 08:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This title should go to Lancaster's Abby Walker. This girl is awesome! She already has 23 goals this season, including one game vs. Andrew Jackson where she scored 7. Seven!!! Check her out. She's a premier forward w/some of the best feet around. And she's only a freshman. [Razz]

#41982 03/25/02 01:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Although this girl's stat's are very impressive, I think the level of competition should be considered. Watching girls in the Upstate, there have been numerous occasions where girls form Eastside, or Riverside could have possibly scored as many goals as they wanted. Fortunately, the coaches have more class than to allow a single player to "pad" her stats against a weaker team. I have seen players moved to different positions, or players pulled from the field to keep games close. A good example is Lindsey Beam. She scores quality goals against quaility opponents. There are other girls who do this also. Let's wait and see if this Walker girl can deliver when she is being marked by two defenders and playing teams with quality defenders.

#41983 03/25/02 03:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes this girl maybe the best but down here at the beach i know that evertime me or some one off my team scores 3 or 4 goals in the game our coaches put us in defense. I am sure that if our coaches didn't do that people on my team would score just as much as she would.

#41984 03/25/02 09:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lancaster has never been shut out thanks to Walker. They've played teams alot better than themselves too, so she has scored "quality" goals. One of the reasons she stays in is b/c the other forward is a senior and the other is a junior. Abby Walker is a freshman and I guess the coach feels as if he needs to give her experience.

#41985 03/25/02 09:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lancaster has never been shut out thanks to Walker. They've played teams alot better than themselves too, so she has scored "quality" goals. One of the reasons she stays in is b/c the other forward is a senior and the other is a junior. Abby Walker is a freshman and I guess the coach feels as if he needs to give her experience.

#41986 03/26/02 05:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What club team does this young lady play for? If it isn't a top level team, then she's wasting her talent if she is that good. What age group is she? U15? Just curious.

#41987 03/27/02 12:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best girl's player is Samoria Roundtree from Crestwood High School. She just started playing soccer last year, and she led the team in goals, and this year she already has over 17 goals. The only reason she doesn't have more is the coach has more class than to just run up the score. But if she wanted she could probably average over 3 goals a match. But because of the powers that be she probably won't even get as far as All-Region. Pretty messed up huh??

HOLLA AT A PLAYA!!!

#41988 03/27/02 12:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Abby Walker does not play for a club team for a couple of reasons. 1st is that she was ranked 3rd in the state as a Tennis player. 2nd is that she plays Varsity Basketball as a Freshman.
3rd is isn't that enough. She is great. The only girl that I have seen this year that is better than her is the Girl from RNE.

#41989 03/28/02 05:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by BlackGuyAtDaWood:
The best girl's player is Samoria Roundtree from Crestwood High School. She just started playing soccer last year, and she led the team in goals, and this year she already has over 17 goals. The only reason she doesn't have more is the coach has more class than to just run up the score. But if she wanted she could probably average over 3 goals a match. But because of the powers that be she probably won't even get as far as All-Region. Pretty messed up huh??

HOLLA AT A PLAYA!!!

Amon, must you 'holla at a playa' every single time you speak? It gets very old.

#41990 03/28/02 08:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Riverside's Lindsay Beam is one of the finest high school girl players that I have seen in the past ten years. She is very talented in all facets of the game and she plays hard the entire 80 minutes. When she is in the game, you get the feeling that Riverside has 14 players to your 11 on the field. She is everywhere!!!

#41991 04/02/02 02:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with bigpnum73(Perry). Abby is the best really. Just to let you know Perry it is now 28 goals this season!! She really is awesome! She is really good at basketball and tennis. I think tehre should be some kind of award for her.

#41992 04/03/02 04:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cheezy,

Sorry, but I just gotta. It's my trademark. It is getting kind of old though, so I may come up with something else.

HOLLA AT A PLAYA!!!

#41993 04/04/02 05:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah.. lindsay beam is one of the best in the state.. but i think abi nicholas of wando is a better all around player.. just my opinion though.

#41994 04/04/02 07:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You gotta keep an eye out for Blair Monroe and Micki Boulineau from NMB! Great stats, great talent, and just great all around players!

#41995 04/04/02 07:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that everyone has a "superstar" on their team! Ours is awesome...and I think thats cool that everyone wants to brag about their best player. But I think its kinda weird that we are sitting here saying "Oh...____ ______ is the best soccer player. She goes to my school and she is the best in the whole state! We really are doing good with her on the team..." Thats cool that you wanna brag on your teammate, but don't you think its better if you bragged on OTHER school's best player's rather than just focusing on your own teams'? I mean...I promise I'm not trying to be offensive, thats just how I think. Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings.

#41996 04/06/02 01:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with Barnwellkat. Every team has their own superstars. My teams' superstars are Kattie McMillan, Kelly Futch, and Heather Cannon.

#41997 04/08/02 05:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen to all the people who said Lindsey Beam is the best player by far. Sure she goes to my school but look at the posts! somebody from Eastside our arch rivals agreed that she is the best player in the state. She's amazing and she's only a sophmore!!!

#41998 04/10/02 02:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brandy Warren from Hartville is an awesome soccer player. I think she plays sweeper, but is more of a mid-field to me, al;though she is truly a defender,she has the foot skills to take it from the back field, and score. She is also really fast, she is a college level plaer I think. She will most likely play in college.

#41999 04/11/02 10:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont know much about girls' soccer but i do know that Lindsey Beam is amazing. Her only competition for best in the state would have to be a girl that has gone unmentioned. Britten Meyer from Christ Church, she dominates on the field and makes a good match with Lindsey. I think that they play on the same club team.

#42000 04/12/02 12:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im sure all these players are great... especially Lindsey Beam... but what about the goalkeepers??? You dont think any of the goalkeepers could be the best player?

#42001 04/12/02 01:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heather Cannon IS the goalkeeper for WHHS

#42002 04/12/02 01:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BRITTANY PECORA WHO PLAYS FOR SOCASTEE IS FOR SURE ONE OF THE BEST KEEPERS IN THE STATE!!!!

#42003 04/14/02 06:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Player12, I know who you're talking about, and she does have game. I was shocked when I saw how well she can push the ball while playing as a defender.

#42004 04/14/02 08:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best SC Girls ? Senior: Ashleigh Messervey ; Junior: Taryn Shaw. shhhhhh....the Green Wave are back !
Pls keep us unranked until May 10th.

#42005 04/17/02 03:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i think that nicole litton(#9) and jessica temples(#5) are awesome....(airport)....they just don't get recognition like they should b/c the aiport team doesn't play that well together...we just have about 3 or 4 really really good players...nicole is great anywhere on the field....she has moves and can dribble around almost anyone....also she has a very powerful leg....jessica is a great defensive player.....very fast too! [Big Grin]

#42006 04/22/02 02:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best high school girls goalie is defininetly Cielle THibodeaux from Cardinal Newman, she in unbelievable in the goal, and the best field player is Lucia Derks, Kate foster or Blair South of Dreher. these three girls can BALL!!!!!!!!!

#42007 04/22/02 05:42 PM
Brace
Brace
Ashleigh from Summerville is a great player. I thought I heard that she is going to Clemson. Is this correct?

Also, Tara Learn from Hanahan is a great player as well. She has a great touch with either foot and can out run defenders with the ball at her feet while maintaing control. Also, she adds leadership to a very young and inexperienced Hanahan team.

But, I think this conversation begins and ends with Linsay Beam. How many other girls are on a National team for their respective age group? Her creative moves and composure on the ball are unequaled and I can't think of a female player that I've seen that hits the ball as far and as accurately as she does (especially off set pieces). Riverside has a bonafide scoring chance if they get a free kick anywhere around midffield b/c of Lindsay's abilities.

#42008 04/25/02 01:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, Lindsey is a very expierienced player. She has much speed and skill but I have seen cases where she seems get a lack of composure due to frustration.

Now about that Lancaster girl. She's good for what she has and plays for. But really who cares if she can score 7 goals on Andrew Jackson. I have never even heard of them. She is half decent but i wouldn't call her #1 in the state.

Other players that could run for being the best player in the state would be people like Bren Post, and Stacey Simpson. Both smart, skilled, and fast. Good Soccer players.

As for goal keeper's I would have to say Laura Snell, not just because she goes to my school either. I have seen many goal keeper from good soccer teams that aren't very good.

#42009 04/25/02 08:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If u never heard of Andrew Jackson something is wrong with You. They are a 2A school that used to rock in boys soccer with Anvil Williams as coach in the early and mid 90's. They started the girls team 3 years ago and they made the playoffs last year losing to Southside Christian. They have about 13-15 seniors so they might now have a team next year. Abby Walker is an awesome player. Good luck Lancaster girls and Andrew Jackson girls in the playoffs

#42010 04/25/02 08:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bryn Post and Stacy Simpson are two of the best soccer players in the midstate area.

#42011 04/25/02 11:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a guy that plays for Christ Church so i am not being biast when i say that Lindsey Beam has to be one of the top two players in the state, probably the best. I have watched her play many times and she is amazing. I mean how many of these other girls play on the U.S. national team! That in itself should let everyone know that she can't be touched. The only girl that can get anywhere near her is Britten Meyer who is on the region team but i am not sure if she made the national team. Anyway Lindsey is amazing and you all will probably be watching her on T.V. in the future.

#42012 04/26/02 02:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree that Abby Walker is very good. I wouldn't put the "Best Player in the State" label on her at this point. For information the second time she played Andrew Jackson she did not score at all (Lancaster won 1-0) and she did play most of the match. I don't remember her name but #10 for Hanahan High School is a much more complete player.

#42013 04/28/02 10:39 PM
Brace
Brace
#10 from Hanahan is Tara Learn. She is a very good player although it is tough b/c most of the Hanahan team is young and inexperienced.

Tara is a junior.

#42014 04/29/02 08:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this title goes to bryn post and stacy simpson, hands down. these two work so well together and both excell at their given positions. they are a great combination to watch on the field. stacy is a wonderful, hard-nosed midfield and is one of the toughest around. bryn just makes the game look good. the ball does what she wants it to do. whenever, where ever on the field. these girls just know how to get it down right.

#42015 05/01/02 03:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a new and upcoming player in South Carolina who has the potential to become a great player. She has 29 goals (No more than 3 in one game) she has 16 assists, she has great speed, excellent ball control, and a great work ethic. She stays after practice to work on her shooting, she plays club ball at a very competitive level and already college coaches are making notes. She is an example of a true soccer player both physically and mentally. The best thing is she is only a freshman. Her name... Lia Shendel.

#42016 05/02/02 09:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THERE SHOULD BE ABSOLUTELY NO QUESTION AS TO WHO IS THE BEST GIRLS SOCCER PLAYER IN THE STATE. HANDS DOWN, IT GOES TO BRYN POST. WHO ELSE HAS HAD AN AVERAGE OF 59 GOALS A YEAR FOR THE PAST TWO YEARS AND HAS OVER 200 IN THEIR CAREER. MOST PEOPLE ARE LUCKY IF THEY SCORE 60 IN A CAREER, WHICH IS THE EXACT NUMBER SHE HAS SCORED THIS YEAR. THE STATE NEWSPAPER KNOWS THE DEAL...THEY SAID NO ONE IN THE STATE CAN COVER BRYN DEFENSIVELY OR MATCH HER AS A SCORING THREAT. THAT GIRL IS HASSLED BY THE WOMEN'S US CUP TEAM COACH AND MIA HAMM TRYING TO GET HER ON THE TEAM. AND ITS HARD FOR HER WHEN PUMA AND GATORADE TRYING TO GET HER TO ENDORSE EVERYTHING. THE ONLY POSTS ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD SHOULD BE ABOUT POST...

#42017 05/02/02 09:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is this young lady going to college?

#42018 05/02/02 10:02 PM
G
bench
bench
G
During the fall someone mentioned that Bryn was probably going to Clemson but not playing soccer. Clemson told her they had enough forwards or something like that. It is really ashame that the state's own colleges and universities don't want what's in their own backyards. Thought Jamie and Shelly Smith at USC were going to change that trend....guess winning is more important.

#42019 05/02/02 10:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since she is not going to the state finals she'll have time think about college.

#42020 05/05/02 03:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
kelli mckinty is the **** she is the best forward in hte state. on one is even close to here kill level

#42021 05/05/02 08:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where are you mavsta9? wait till you get to state friday and see what "ray's of sunshine" are on the field while you get whooped. you should be glad you dont have to play with the supposed "not so much a ray of sunshine" on the field kickin your ass into the dirt. you lucked out big.

#42022 05/06/02 11:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regarding Bryn & other S.C. soccer players: Too many excellent soccer players have not been recruited properly by the coaches at our state (taxpayer) supported universities. St. Giles Storm has the best h.s. seniors in S.C. How many will be playing soccer at state-supported institutions? So far - zero.

#42023 05/06/02 11:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't believe Bryn has been approached by the US Women's National team, Gatorade and whoever else. There has only been two females to my knowledge to make it close to a National team and that's Lindsey Beam and Elizabeth Metherall. In my opinion two of the best female soccer players to every come out of SC. They are versatile which makes them good. They can play any position asked and do well at it. Other players like Bryn are excellent at their position, but when comes to playing others they aren't as good. I think to be labeled a "Best player" doesn't mean how many goals you can score. And for colleges winning should be more important. If they can recruit the best players out of state then let them they shouldn't be restricted to just South Carolina or obligated to have so many South Carolinians on their team.

#42024 05/08/02 09:03 PM
G
bench
bench
G
No one is asking state colleges to restrict themselves to in state players. But having a few players from South Carolina, in each class, isn't asking to much...is it?

#42025 05/09/02 09:07 PM
L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
Was Ashleigh Messervery injured for the West Ashley - Summerville semi-final game? She played sweeper with only a brief run or two up the field on offense. I don't think it would have made a difference in the outcome of the game if she had played forward. WA simply seemed to have Summerville's number this year.

#42026 05/09/02 10:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ASHLEY BAKER!!!!!!!!! she plays midfeild for irmo!!!!

#42027 05/10/02 10:33 AM
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Has to be Kelly Schneider of Mauldin. Blistering pace, clinical finishing........OUCH******!!

#42028 05/10/02 11:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Between ref-ing and coaching I have been watching most of these players since before they were in high school. Here is the way I see it breaking down:

Best "pure goal scorer": Bryn Post, with Kelly Schneider a close second. Bryn did score a lot of cheapies against the Lakewoods, Crestwoods, and L.R.'s, but, she also came up big in big games. Also, it is my understanding that Bryn is a little burnt out and was not really concerned about playing in college. If that is the case, I say, good luck with your studies!

Best defender: No doubt, Stacy Simpson. Sorry, Stacy, I know you like the midfield but your a natural in defense. Toughest, grittiest player I have seen come out of SC. Good luck at Furman!

Best "all-around player": No doubt here either, Lindsay Beam. If her only weakness is composure (and I have not noticed that to be true), may I remind everyone that she is only a sophomore!

Best goalkeeper: This one is easy. Laura Snell is, by far, the No. 1 keeper in the state. She will be playing for Karen Richter at Auburn next year. And Karen knows a little about goalkeepers, she is the goalkeeper coordinator for the US Women's National Team program. Laura has also been nominated to play in the McDonald's All-American game.

Stacy and Laura will get to go at it again next year when Auburn plays Furman.

Props also to Ashleigh Messervy, and Abi Nicholas.

#42029 05/10/02 12:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to "voice of reason 2":

You made a very good analysis of some of the best players in the state, but you know when anyone states there opinion they leave out several of the states top players. Bryn and Kelly are good but they are also on a team that can give them props and set them up. Most of the states so called "best" players are made good by there team mates. What about the girls who have to go out and actually work to do anything. I think that is who the PROPS should go too. THanks

#42030 05/11/02 04:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Justplayin:

I agree with you about the best players having good players around them (with the exception of goalkeeper, perhaps). The converse of that is also true. That the really great players make the players around them better. Fair or not, however, "best player" status is generally based on "what have you done for me, lately?"

Two of the best players no one has heard of:

-Andrea Cooper (last year) at Sumter
-Michelle Cathy (lives in Anderson plays club soccer) but I'm not sure if she even plays HS.

I also agree with a previous post of yours about GFC U-17 Black. I would take that comment one step further and say did you ever see GFC-USA two years ago. Went to club Nationals in 2001 and featured Lindsey Beam, Elizabeth Metherell, Stacy Simpson, and a host of other outstanding players, most of whom are playing D1 college ball.

#42031 05/11/02 04:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Megan Smith (not playing h.s. in 02) is one of the best in the state. Athletic, tough, smart. And versatile - can play anywhere.

#42032 05/13/02 12:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Lancaster's Abby Walker is so great and scores all these goals why is Lancaster not ranked. And why are they 4-8 in conference. The way you talk about her she is carrying the team to the state championship, but your record doesn't look that way. what's up with that?

#42033 05/14/02 01:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To voice of reason 2; You obviously are from the midlands since all of your "best" are from there. There are a tremendous number of talented players in the Upstate who can match up with your list.
If the players you picked are so tremendous, how come none of their high school teams played in the State Championship this year? Also, until Stacy left Necsa two years ago, and Bryn left this past year to play on Upstate club teams how many times did they win state and go to Regionals?
A list of the "best" players should include those players who elevate their team to achieve more.
I'm not disagreeing with your picks, all of them are good players, but there are many that you have omitted who could have produced as impressive stats as these girls. Megan Smith at T-R holds the State record for goals in a season and probably would have set a new career record had she played this past year. She consistently marks Lindsey Beam in club matches and usuallly wins the match-up, yet I never see her mentioned as one of the 'Best".
Another oft overlooked player is Kristine Ashford. She is as good a defender as you can find in club, but has played midfield and forward in high school. The same is true of Erica Devine at Riverside. Had these girls been able to play one position their whole career, it would be obvious that they are among the best.

#42034 05/16/02 08:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
nope. sorry. bryn and stacy are still up top. now, who all is playing college soccer next year? i guess stacy must have a teensy bit of skill to stand out among others in the state to play at furman. even if bryn got a tough break to play college ball, they both still deserve the titles of best players around.

#42035 05/17/02 05:31 AM
goal kick
goal kick
i have seen lots of wonderful players this year while refereeing the womens games. dreher has two great players in their keeper and sweeper (sorry i don't know names). irmo has ashley baker and erin savitz and holly mauldin. RNE has brin and jessica (?). lindsay beam in the upstate. but my pick for the best player that i saw this year is ginny wolfe from lexington. she plays with fire and intensity rarely seen in the women's game her work rate is incredible, she is usually marked 2 or 3 v 1 she can hit with both feet with accuracy and velocity she is the complete package and a wonderful person to top off her soccer skills.

region player of the year but not all state????? shame on the selection committee for bring politics into the selection room.

#42036 05/19/02 01:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with you that Ginny Wolfe should have been on the All State list...but did you notice that her coach didn't go to the voting? Actually quite a few coaches didn't attend the voting. Unless all the coaches participate, the honor is somewhat tainted.

#42037 05/23/02 12:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eastside Fan:

Although you are correct in your assumption of my location, if I had been "posting" last year my choices would have been:

Best finisher: Kelly Shedd (Mauldin/GFC USA)

Best Defender: Sarah Turner (Eastside/GFC USA)

Best Overall Player: Elizabeth Metherell (Eastside/GFC USA)
(If I remember correctly, neither Turner, nor Metherell played HS season last year, but, that doesn't change the fact that they were the best!)

Best Keeper: Laura Snell (Spring Valley)

This year, in my opinion of course, they just happened to fall in the midlands.

#42038 05/24/02 04:26 AM
G
bench
bench
G
You guys really need to get out and watch club soccer. Yea all the girls you mentioned are outstanding players on high school teams. When they play club though they are on teams with girls of equal if not better abilities.

#42039 05/23/02 05:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
disagree with the baker girl...all she tends to do is run over people, but what number is this kelly sneider from mauldin? there's a couple of players from mauldin that worked real well together, i wouldn't consider anyone on their team best in the state though and Michelle Cathy, yes I have heard of her and have played against her several times over the years. I give her much respect but she's another one of those run over players who can lose her composure. Ginny Wolfe, our team was warned of her when we played her but the only thing she did was score a PK on a play the ref admitted was a bad call right after he blew the whistle. For the Irmo list I don't see how you guys didn't mention Tina Dixon. Her thing is taking 1v1 wh/ is only effective if she's on the move because she's so fast but personally i think she plays better off people though. she can pull a few moves out of nowhere, and yeah the Savitz girl seems ok just cause she stands out for her team. Irmo only has 4 players who can play at all. to me even the beam girl who EVERYONE talks about. well i played riverside, and maybe she was sick or something that day but i totally missed her. I think erica devine is a good player...as a defender, when we began possessing that game they pulled her top for me to mark and 1 they didn't really give her the ball but if she was outmuscled she got frustrated, you just can't have that...i guess it just doesn't happen to her a lot. I'd say the best player I played against, wow this is tough, the only people who've ever amazed me were a couple midfielders for GFC USA last year. Couldn't tell you any names though, but I guess that assumption that you can't tell anything from high school is true then.

#42040 12/06/02 07:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
13yld Magen McElveen from Wilson Hall in Sumter and a forward for Sumter United U18 MSGSL Fall 2002 Underfeated CHAMPION.
Now this very young girl is "AWESOME" for her age on the field,a Coach's dream player Yes sir No sir a very sweet girl. And a guest player for CSC Nightmares 89, SC next MIA HAMM in 3-4 years YOU GO GIRL!.... We all have one just like her, lets get them on the field, and in Colleges.

#42041 12/08/02 02:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lia Shendel is going to be a player to watch in the next few years. She has a lot of potential. I have seen her on occation and she plays the game with the composure of a veteran player. With a few more years under her belt, many of the posts under this topic will mention her name.

#42042 12/09/02 04:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting subject. A couple of comments. SC has several very good college teams. However to compete with the elite schools on a national level (UNC, Portand, Santa Clara, and others)it can not be done at this time with South Carolina talent. We have a ways to go there. It's not to say that SC hasn't produced good players, but rather SC has not produced many elite players compared to other states for various reasons (size of SC's soccer population being a big reason).

#42043 12/10/02 05:37 AM
Goal
Goal
As far as I'm concerned, the best female player in this state is Lindsey Beam from Riverside. I believe she trains with a professional team from Charlotte during the summer as well. From all the reports the last couple of years, she's headed to the University of North Carolina after graduating in 2004.

#42044 12/09/02 07:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ColaFan,
I don't know where Lindsey is headed, but I think Anson Dorrance would agree with your opinion of her. He called her the "real deal" in a newspaper article earlier this year.

BLJ

#42045 12/09/02 11:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lindsey Beam is the best in the state right now.
she played with the Charllote Eagles over the summer/ I dont think any high school age soccer player has acomplished that yet. I think she is 16?

#42046 01/19/03 09:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Abby Nicolaus From Wando. Excellent Player. Outstanding. Great foot work, ball control, vision, shooting, all around great player for Wando. Also Wando has outstanding players all around. For example most of the U-17 Ice Won states this year for 4th or 5th time.

#42047 01/21/03 03:21 PM
L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
Where did Abi Nicholas play club ball this past fall? Both she and Lou Hudson were on the SCSoccer.com Girl's Class 4A All-State team last year while Kelly McGinty made the SCSoccer's Super 18 (best 18 overall in the state). Looks like Wando should be very tough again this year. They had, I thought, the best quality team play I saw last year. Did Wando lose much?

lpaf

#42048 02/09/03 03:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lindsey Beam is by far the best in the state this year. She has been recruited by top college teams across the nation including North Carolina and Santa Clara. What other high school player can make that claim??? She is also a great student and is a Junior, but will graduate this year. She has been on State Championship club teams year after year and competed at the ODP National level. How can there be any question as to her ranking and if there is anyone else as good as her in SC girls soccer?

#42049 02/26/03 03:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just so you know Beam and Abi are both on the same club team and both are great players. They play for GFC 84' Black.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard