Print Thread
#42053 03/25/02 07:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The weekly rankings are still a mystery to me. How can Greenville be ranked ahead of Eastside, when Eastside beat them head to head? If this ranking is based on the Christ Church game, Christ Church had Britten Meyer when Eastside lost 2-1. I would think that head to head should be the first consideration when ranking teams.

#42054 03/25/02 07:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One other factor to consider, is Eastside's only losses were to teams ranked Number 1.( Mauldin, Riverside, and Christ Church) Keep dissin' the Lady Eagles and we'll see what happens come playoff time.

#42055 03/25/02 08:04 PM
Goal
Goal
So, the slide continues for Eastside? I don't think anyone disrespects the Eagles, it's just a fact that they've lost some matches this year and your upset that Dreher from the "soccer inferior city of Columbia" is better than EHS right now. You're the only one that ever rants about this, so I hope you like the fact that you have now received a response. At least Greenville has the guts to come down to our city and play in a tournament. What's up with Eastside not playing in tournaments this year? Maybe dual participation isn't the way to go if your high school team is only going to play 16 games a year and not even with or against the best players. And for Greenville not to be ranked above Eastside, how about a 7-game winning streak and from what I hear they didn't have their best players for the first game against EHS. Anyway, good luck and maybe we'll see you in Columbia for the state championship!

#42056 03/25/02 08:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cola Fan: You are incorrect in your assessment that I am upset about Dreher, or Greenville. I am just trying to figure out the criteria that's used. I am only stating that apparently head to head makes little impact on the ratings.
As far as Eastside playing in tournaments, the only tournament they didn't play in this year that they played in last year was Viking Cup. They are going to Tournament of Champions in Charleston in April. You would need to check with either the AD or the coach to find out why they are going to only one tournament. It may be that they are extremely young with seven freshman, of which four typically start. If you want to talk about not having your best players, that is just part of life and there will always be conflicts when some players have other commitments. Eastside has no one affected by dual participation this year. They have all their club players except one who is out with injury. Riverside is probably the biggest beneficiary of the dual participation rule in that Lindsey Beam would have difficulty playing on the U-16 National team and playing for Riverside, if dual participation were not allowed. She makes everyone on that team better in addition to being an outstanding player herself.

#42057 03/26/02 02:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think everyone would agree that Riverside is Number One. I would also rank Eastside ahead of Greenville. We have never beaten Eastside in our girls soccer history. Until we beat them on the field, in my opinion they should always be ranked ahead of us. I have not seen Dreher play but I am sure they have a very competitive team this year. We have played Riverside twice and Eastside and Christ Church once. We also played Mauldin and Daniel in preseason games. All of these were quality opponents but Riverside was clearly the top team in this group and is no doubt the team to beat in AAA. Eastside may not be quite as strong as they have been in recent years but they are still an excellent, fundamentally sound group and as I will reiterate that they should always be ranked in front of Greenville until we can beat them on the field.

#42058 03/26/02 11:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
all i can say is that on any given day, any team can beat any team, and though you say OBVIOUSLY riverside was the best of those good teams your team had played, riverside also lost to Mauldin, so you never can tell. It depends on how someone comes out to play and also what kind of game they're expecting of the team they're about to play.

Link Copied to Clipboard