Print Thread
#42073 04/12/02 07:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHHS beat Orangeburg on 11 April 02. The score was 2-1. The goals were scored by Megan Peters and Kelly Futch. Goalie Heather Cannon had many terrific saves. We played very well against them. Anyone who has been up against them knows they are a very physical team and don't mind knocking, pushing, and being overly dramatic. But we beat them, finally and are moving on. Our next game is Monday April 15 against Williston-Elko. [Smile] [Big Grin] [Razz]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like to clear things up for O.W. We are a 3rd year team and really we are a first year team. Each year we have a complete new team besides 3 or 4 devoted players. We did lose to your 2-1 because our best player was hurt and she still scored a goal. One on one there isn't a player on your team that can do anything with her on any given day if she is healthy. As for the goals you claim to have scored two of our defenders scored those goals for you so don't brag about winning when your team didn't score a goal on own. thank you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just have one thing to say to you....being a third year team with first year skill level has nothing to do with the fact that ya'll lost. Our team worked hard and we were determined to win. As a matter of fact, if you didn't know or remember...we are a "real" first year team. Since I am the goalie for our team, I have to say that the shot the "hurt" girl took really did look like she could play on a first year team. I am sorry that you have sour grapes, just remember before you talk about another team, make sure some of them are graduating.. We are all coming back next season with better skill than this year and are looking forward to playing you again. Also, one player doesn't make a team...every member on a team is equally important. By the way, what position do YOU play?

Oh..one last thing... our games are on video and your defenders didn't have anything to do with the goals we scored. But if you think they do, thanks for the assists.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As for being goalie for that team. You made a couple of saves that were pretty good. I would even go as far as saying you could play goalie for a rec team but I can't say that yet. You need to look at the film again and look very hard and close. You will see who scored the goals for your team. I don't think one person makes a team because I know it's a team effort but some players are more experienced than others. As for sour grapes I woludn't go around bragging about a win if my team didn't score a goal. Look at the Film!We will look forward to seeing you next year too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the way the hurt girl scored a great goal and if you were any kind of goalie you would have taken two steps back and punched the ball over the goal. Instead you stood there and watched the ball go over your head. Who is the first year player now? I forgot to tell you the hurt girl made All Region Team. I enjoy your comments also. Have a nice day and see you next season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the "compliment" about our keeper. This is her first year ever in goal, and you were exactly rightabout the stepping back, but back peddling is a hard skill to learn when you're taught to be aggressive in your position, but every goal scored on a smart keeper makes them a better keeper. You still neglected to say what position you play so we can critique YOUR play, or since you seem to know it all, are you the coach of that team? What year is your "hurt" player, and if she was so injured why was she on the field? Your team certainly has enough players to be able to replace her if she doesn't carry the rest of you on her back. If one player doesn't make a team, then she should have been resting her injury since we were a first year AA team. As for All-region, it that this year's team, or last, and where does she play club soccer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One last thing, I reviewed the tape after reading you post. The first goal was on a corner kick from your side of the field. We kicked the ball in, your player nipped it back to us and we scored on a beautiful shot over the keepers head to the opposite post. We were wearing white so there should be no confusion on who scored the goal. The second goal went right through your keepers hands, that doesn't count as your team scoring the goal. As for your goal, free kicks are hard to defense, that is why they are given for fouls. It was just a beaufiful shot, but so was the fake fall to draw the original foul. This game was almost a month ago, why is it so important now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She's a sophomore, and she plays club for CarolinaFC.

It amazes me that anyone would get worked up about beating OW. Losing 2-1 is a victory for them, girls soccer is just not very high-priority there, yet. This one player is good, and hopefully will carry some of her teammates with her to play club in the fall and be the catalyst that helps change that. It's got to be hard starting over every year with a whole new team of girls that have never played soccer before.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to ajkad or whatever. I don't even care about these teams.. acutally i have no clue who they are, but you're being a sore loser. It doesn't matter who scored the goals, even if it was an own goal. They are goals and they counted. And plus that wasn't a very good defense on your part because own goals just make your team look bad. Who is the sophmore yall are talking about that plays for CFC?

O.. and don't go dissing on the WHHS keeper's skill. it's her first year, and obviously she did a good enough job to keep your team from winning.

Link Copied to Clipboard