Page 1 of 2 1 2
#42126 04/21/02 10:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At a game I played in recently a girl continually made comments and uttered foul language to my team mates during the game. The girl in question purposely ran into our goalie-after the ball was out and after there had been plenty of time to stop running-and whispered "B*tch" into our goalies ear. I believe these actions are uncalled for and I was wondering what everyone else thinks of this type of behavior.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know excatly how you feel. My team and I go through same thing. I think this type of behavior is childish. It makes everyone invloved look immature and gives girls soccer a bad rep.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am glad some other team's experience what we do! The act of foul language and not-needed followup hits on the goalie really do show the team's bad sportsmanship! I think that players with bad attitudes really take away from the game. Another big thing that gets me is that when the coaches see the bad attitudes and hear all the foul language, why they still let the player continue without warning them to stop. I really do commend all the nice teams who, even though you arent on their team, help you up when pushed and congratulate you on good plays.( Ninety-Six was a good example of this...the coach was at least) I just think that being rough and tough is cool, but when you take it too far...the game gets out of hand!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am glad some other team's experience what we do! The act of foul language and not-needed followup hits on the goalie really do show the team's bad sportsmanship! I think that players with bad attitudes really take away from the game. Another big thing that gets me is that when the coaches see the bad attitudes and hear all the foul language, why they still let the player continue without warning them to stop. I really do commend all the nice teams who, even though you arent on their team, help you up when pushed and congratulate you on good plays.( Ninety-Six was a good example of this...the coach was at least) I just think that being rough and tough is cool, but when you take it too far...the game gets out of hand!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is our first year having a team and we've already had our share of rude teams. But i have to say that the team with the best sportsmanship that we've played is barnwell. I don't think that anything at all was said out of the way during either games we played. But it's sad to say that not all the teams we've played has been like that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think whenever other players start playing dirty and cuss it makes the game more fun cause it makes it more competitive,as long as thats not the only thing they're doing, if they are saying sh*t to you and not backing it up though, its pointless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, If people are talking trash on the feild then it makes the game even more competitive. It just gives you more reason to play harder. Even if they tried to stop it, people would do what ever trying to push the ref until he/she will do something about it. But if you cant take it...PLEASE don't dish it. [Big Grin]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
u can talk all the trash u want if it helps u get people off there game,thats part of the game, but dont play dirty cause then u have just gone too far. so talk all u want as long as u keep ur play clean.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't believe that girls of your age believe that "cussing" and talking "dirty" on the field make you feel more competetive; if you were a skilled player, with a passion for the game, you wouldn't need to do that. Perhaps you should concentrate more on becoming a better player and less on being a low class thug -

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i wish that parents wouldn't post their opinion's on what goes on on the field(like this topic) because ya'll aren't out there on the field playing and all you see is the game. you're not on the field really knowing what's going on. so until you play a competitive game of soccer don't make assumptions on we should and shouldn't do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard