Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have heard that the athletic directors voted to move soccer games to Tuesday and Friday for next year. In addition the girls and boys will both play at the same time (i.e. 7:00pm) but at opposite schools. Currently the girls play before the boys at the same location (in most cases). Is this a statewide decision or local county (Greenville) decision ? Did the soccer coaches have input to this? Is this the way the soccer coaches want it? I don't really see the reason for this change.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my opinion about this is that its ridiculous.. i mean what if you have a brother on the boys team and you play for the girls team and you have a game thats all the way in clinton or newberry.. i just think its so studpid.. how are the girls that want to support the boys team going too?? and how are the guys that want to support the girls support them?? and on Tuesday and Fridays.. thats just so stupid!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The midlands area has been doing this for several years. Yes, it stinks. The boy's and girl's teams rarely get to see each other play. Also, I think the girls usually get the worse refs out of the deal. Big mistake Greenville!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My team has always played on Tues and Fri. (well at least for the last 4 years)! That is nice because it gives you more time to take of injures and sometimes (when we play REALLY well) we don't practice on wed.!! (and that is really nice)! But as for the girls and guys playing in different places that is not cool!!! I know that most of the fans like to watch both games and this way they would have to choose between which game to see!!! That is a bad idea and I hope that does not happen

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with islandsoccer, i like the idea of tuesday and friday but i dont like the same time and different places. At Christ Church we always go to the girl's games and they always go to our games, I think that this helps both team's morale.

Link Copied to Clipboard