Print Thread
#42201 05/04/02 02:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if anyone hasnt heard the score yet or the outcome of the game eastside beat riverside last night. but with class? no i think that standing in the middle of the field chanting "no im the cheif of the indian tribe" is a little immature.. that really shows what kind of sportsmanship they have.. yes they won.. they played a good game but i think that riverside deserved it much more than they did.. bc we have the sportsmanship to shake the other teams hands and take our victory and not have to chant little sayings to make sure everyone knew that we won. i know some of our girls showed some poor sportsmanship during the game but none like eastsides. good luck to you guys in the semi finals and if you win.. in the state.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Before you criticize another teams emotional reaction after winning a game that practically no one gave them a chance to win, you should try to put yourselves in their place. Also, why don't you check with your athletic trainer and ask them what the Riverside players were saying about a certain Eastside player before the game. Things like " She's been hurt and hasn't played all year, so she probably sucks!" How do I know this? Because your trainer had the class to check on this players emotional state when she knew that this player had overheard these comments prior to the game when she came to get some Advil. Just because it was done privately, doesn't make it any less unsportsmanlike.
Both teams played extremely hard and sometimes when you are 15 -18 years of age, your emotions can get the better of you.
I think last year when Riverside upset Eastside in similar circumstances @ Eastside, no one complained about the Riverside celebration that occurred after the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
umm yes i do know what happend in the training room before the game bc i was sitting next to the person that said that about her. no it was not right of her to do say that. but let me ask you something did we stand in the middle of the field and chant and sing on their home field when we beat them last year in the upstate finals or when we beat them in regular season? i didnt think so.
each team played a good hard game. and it could have gone either way..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just so everyone knows, I play for eastside and our celebration "dance", if thats what you want to call it, is just a game that we've played since the Wando tournament. It really has nothing to do with Riverside and i am sorry that anyone got confused. We were really excited and were just goofin off. Riverside people have played the game before, on a club team, so it isn't meant to bash Riverside at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As an Eastside fan, I know that the girls meant no disrespect to Riverside. They were extremely excited about winning a game that required EHS to play almost flawlessly, and have a little luck on their side, too. After losing twice to Riverside in the regular season, respect is not an issue. I would ask rhsoccer3 if Brandi Chastain's celebration at the 2000 World Cup was "unsportsmanlike"? I think not. When teams win a very tight game against an excellent team, are an overwhelming underdog going in, and leave it all on the field, an emotional celebration is going to result.
Riverside certainly has nothing to be ashamed of, they had a tremendous year, and probably would beat this Eastside team 8 out of 10 times. This game is what makes soccer such a great and exciting sport. Any team can rise to the occasion and win.

Link Copied to Clipboard