Print Thread
#42224 05/07/02 06:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This year's Upstate play-offs are eerily similar to the 1998 playoffs. Eastside beat Riverside in the semi's and had to face Greenville in the Upper State finals, just like this year. Also, in 1998, Mauldin won Upper State on their way to winning the State title. Will history repeat itself? Don't know but I think both finals, Greenville vs. Eastside and Mauldin vs. Irmo should be great games. Best of luck to all the teams. Play hard and be proud you have made it this far, regardless of tonight's outcome. Congrats to everyone still in the hunt.

#42225 05/07/02 08:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
region AAAA playoffs are always weird. always. good job to irmo for gettin there, but i never would have imagined. and summerville. the hell. west ashley did great to beat wando and i just hope they woop summerville tonight to make the finals at least a good game to watch. my bet. west ashley vs. mauldin on friday. should be a great game to watch. dreher vs. eastside in AAA finals. that should be a great one too if it works out like that. good luck to everyone tonight. except you summerville. all but you.

#42226 05/08/02 11:25 AM
D
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
D
Eastside beat Greenville 1-0 last night in a nail biter.
Greenville definitely showed up last night and gave the Eagles everything they could handle.
Congratulations to the Lady Raiders on a great season.
Good Luck Eagles!!

#42227 05/08/02 12:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree 100% dcsoccer. Greenville came ready to play and gave everything they had. Congrats to them. Also, props to Eastside for hanging in there and pulling out the win. Hopefully the team that beat Riverside last Friday will show up this Friday against Dreher.
From the stands, it was a very bizarre game, especially the last 10 minutes or so. Has anyone ever seen a game where two keepers each got yellow cards?
Good luck to all the Upstate teams this Friday.

Link Copied to Clipboard