Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dreher 3- Eastside 1-OT- Lucky 1st.half for The Blue---Great 2nd.half for Dreher.Dreher was dominate in OT.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
congrats Dreher.. yall definately deserved it.. you guys have made it a long way.. Congrats on a great win!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to all the girls especially my sister #10! ya'll were awesome tonight esp in the 2nd half and OT... all that hard work paid off, right? to all the underclassmen: good luck next year and keep the home winning streak intact... you all deserve it more than anyone b/c ya'll worked harder then anyone else this season..... best of luck next season...and remember a state title is something NO one can ever take from you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats and props to Dreher girls. They won a very hard fought game against Eastside. As is it is so many sports, when you don't take advantage of your opportunities, it comes back to get you. Things looked good for the Eagles in the first half and early second half, but Dreher really stepped up the intensity after the first goal and outplayed Eastside from that point on.
The Eagles had a gutsy performance by EM Speakman #4 who played with a broken rib and it was nice to see Jill Spork #21 finally get to play in a state title game after 3 ACL reconstuctions.
Congrats again Dreher and the thing that was most impressive was the way you handled that first (questionable) goal. You didn't rant and rave like your coach, you just played harder and got even where it counts- on the scoreboard. The Coach should learn from his players and not show his rear end.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I couldn't agree with you more Upstate.And it was a goal.Eastside & Riverside are both great teams & I'm sure we'll be seeing one of you for the next 2 yrs. in the same setting!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to both teams. The game was a great game to watch and was very exciting. Hats off to Dreher for hanging in there and stepping up their intensity after falling behind. By the way, Coach Norton, I think an apology is due the AR and Refereee for you behavior after Eastside's goal. The television replay shown on WYFF Channel 4 in the Upstate clearly shows the ENTIRE ball hitting the ground COMPLETELY behind the goal line. Your team showed a lot more class than you did! I'm sure your opinion of the Ref changed when he did not call a foul on your player for shoving the EHS defender out of the way prior to taking the tying shot.
Eastside, you should be proud of your accomplishments this year. Very few people gave you much of a chance and you are Upper State Champions and State Ruuner Up.
Again, congratulations to both teams on a hard fought game. We will miss you Roger.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eastside.He's just that way.I'm glad he's gone.The girls won the game.He didn't.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with you, spoton. The girls definitely won the game on the field where it should have been decided. Bad calls are a part of life and it was refreshing to see two teams who just continued to play without all the whining and complaining that seems to be so typical of some adults and coaches. I thought both teams were a class act and handled themselves with dignity, win or lose.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To Eastside Fan: Why should Erik Norton apologize to anyone for anything relating to Friday's game? Norton was not arguing the ruling that it was a goal, he simply wanted to know how the ref could call it a goal after pausing for such an extended amount of time. There is nothing wrong with what he did.. The ref obviously let the Eastside fans influence his decision to call it a goal.. Further, you shouldn't comment on a man you have never met and do not know.. Norton is one of the classiest men I have ever known and because he is going to law school at Carolina next year, Dreher HS, Richland Dist. 1, and the state of South Carolina are all losing one of the best educators and coach's in the area. Oh, and sponton--whoever you are--you should be ashamed of your comments? why are you glad that he is gone? He is an excellent coach and teacher that will be truely missed by everyone in the Dreher community. Sponton--stop hiding behind your "nickname" - if you are going to voice such harsh, untrue, opionated statements, do so under your real name so everyoen knows who you are..

Goal
Goal
spoton, why do you bash norton? that guy has elevated the girls program at dreher to unprecedented heights in an area that has had three straight lower state champions (flora and bc). my son played at dreher and i'm a longtime resident of the columbia area, so i was happy with their progress this season. he seems to be a top notch guy and i've always heard good things about him. good luck to coach norton in law school (that might be the only bad thing about him).

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard