Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
L
I notice the absence of several active topics in this forum since last week. Deliberate purging or cover-up of some sinister plot??? I would suggest getting rid of "why do u girls even bother trying to play soccer?" on the grounds of sheer stupidity if the forum police are still looking for a few more culpable suspects.

lpaf

World Cup
World Cup
I received several complaints about the useless banter you, Region 1 Coach, and someone else were discussing ... Haven't heard any complaints of the other thread ... Thanks!

L
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
L
Kyle --

Go back and recheck the thread. The majority of my posts contained factual (at least from my point of view) information on very specific players and teams in the lowcountry (West Ashley, James Island, Summerville and Wando). I tried, gently, in my next to the last post to get two members who were occupied in some kind of personal spitting match back on subject. As moderator, you could have done the same thing. Or just put the wayward topic out of its misery, as you chose to do.

lpaf

ps: Thanks for your efforts in maintaining this site.

World Cup
World Cup
The useless banter you two are discussing was two post a former player of mine wrote to me in which I replied. I have not had contact in a while and it was halarious to me to hear from them that way. It's ridiculous, extremely aggravating that it would be removed and other post allowed to stand (Aiken vs South Aiken, Irmo losing state) considering the exchange of comments existing. Laplageauxfolles and I were having a provocative discussion, save the post from 18*. Regardless, our conversation did stray from the point of the website and I can easily swallow why you took it off. I just don't think the material was as beligerent as others. Sigh. I am a high school league member and coach of a respectable program so allow me to deal with this insignificant altercation properly. I'll make sure to keep my smack on topic and find another way to contact former players. Kyle, you're doing an excellent job and I've told my former high school/college teammate how helpful you've been, and how he can expect the same service now that he's coaching girl's at Westside. Laplageauxfolles, thanks for the input and I emphatically look forward to next discussions.

L
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
L
R1C --

I thought your exchanges with 18* read like pretty good pulp sports fiction, though something in the last post or so made me uncomfortable. Dark. Maybe that was the disturbing thing. I'm guessing Kyle has a day job in addition to his work on SCSoccer.com so it doesn't seem right to get upset with him for prematurely killing off a thread instead of taking time to actually moderate. (It does list him as moderator of the topic, doesn't it?) Anyway, at first I was afraid he had injured my self-esteem in labeling my comments "useless banter" but a good half hour of meditation brought me out of it. Take care.

lpaf

ps: I've always prefered senseless blather to useless banter when I write anyway.

World Cup
World Cup
My former player broke her leg at camp. She went into the tackle pretty weak and I just give her a hard time about it. She rags my alma matter, South Aiken, very hard. It's fun and I guess our sense of dark, being that we know what's behind the words, is different. All in all we're just adults (most anyway) using the board to promote our own personal agendas, no matter how foolish to others. The moderator has every right to do his job and I don't have a problem with it, seeing how I need this website very much. Censor my "useless banter" all you want. Just call it "conceptionally challenged remarks" to make me feel better next time. Go Hanna...go T-Breds.

L
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
L
R1C --

Thanks for the insight, coach. But to stay "on topic" here, I would like once again to suggest that "why do u girls even bother trying to play soccer?" be removed on the basis of painfully inane comments, the overall nanny nanny boo boo quality of the posts and rampant poor subject-verb agreement.

lpaf

World Cup
World Cup
I'd like to place my vote in the "laplageauxfolles is right" box. No pressure Kyle, no pressure...

Link Copied to Clipboard