Print Thread
#42325 12/06/02 05:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's this going around that the B-C girls coach was forced to resign because a "parent" went to the school threatening a lawsuit if he coached his daughter? If this is true, what a bunch of crap that is.

This parent(you know who you are) should be ashamed.

#42326 12/06/02 01:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope thats not true because he is a good coach
and a nice guy.

#42327 12/07/02 01:48 PM
goal kick
goal kick
I agree that it would be terrible if something like this happened. Does anyone know what is going on or is this just an out of control rumor? [Frown]

#42328 12/07/02 04:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is true. It is sad when a good coach can be forced to quit because of over involved parents. Whether the player is a stud(studette)or a mediocre player. [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

#42329 12/08/02 08:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Over-zealous parents are not welcome intrusions on youth soccer, but Oingo--please--it is very inappropriate to criticize this parent's daughter on this msg board--she has nothing to do with this.

#42330 12/08/02 06:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It appears many coaches are forced out because of the parents. The parents are not happy because of the high school results (overlooking that the talent might just not be there) or the coach is a parent. If this is the true reason why that coach is forced out, why not look at other programs whose coach is a parent. What were the results of that team? I am a parent of a player and yes, I want the best for my son or daughter, but you have to step back and let them play the game without parental involvement. Parents need to be there to support their son or daughter and quit forcing out good coaches because you disagee with a coaching style or coaching decisions. Maybe there needs to be a third party that actually looks at the coaches and scores them to their coaching abilities. And if a coaching change is necessary, it is not because of parents, it is because of poor coaching.

#42331 12/11/02 11:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My understanding is that in a moment of frustration he said a "bad" word under his breath. Unfortunately the team was gathered around and it was loud enough for them to hear.

Those that have coached and never had a moment like that, please stand up. That's what I thought, you are all still sitting.

Was it bad judgement on his part? Sure. But, nothing for which parent should have been able to force him out at BC

Link Copied to Clipboard