Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey no one mentioned anything about Dutch Fork..yea i heard they lost a few players but they still have a number of great players on that team...I'm not sure what region they're in but i do know they r going to the Viking Cup.

L
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
L
A few words on James Island :

Region 7 4A is probably on target to be the toughest region with Wando, James Island and current state champs West Ashley all bringing back strong teams. James Island should be very interesting to watch this year. For many years prior to last year, girls' soccer on "the island" was an afterthought at the high school level. The combination of a new coach (Stella Chisolm) and a talented group of 9th graders changed that last year and have laid the foundation for what should be a very strong 2003 (note JI is ranked 5th in the preseason poll). At the heart of the team are 13 (count 'em) sophomores including a large number of girls from CGSA's U-16 Fusion team who now have had years of working together and are in great condition after working for Andy Grist in the Fall. Chelsea Terry, Lisa Frawley, Cortney Lassiter, and Erica Carson come to mind as all-state quality players. JI, for whatever reason, will not be at the Viking cup and could burst upon the high school season relatively unnoticed. Keep you eyes open for them.

lpaf

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard