Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#42380 02/27/03 04:57 PM
LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
You are so right PT. I think it shows no class on the part of a coach that would allow/encourage scoring 19 goals on another team. Lets see what happens when they play a more formidable opponent. [Frown]

#42381 02/27/03 07:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gloating about such a lopsided victory over an outmanned opponent is absurd. There are a few teams in Region 5-AAAA who could return the favor, but have too much class to do so. Once Sumter gets out of the pre-season and into some real matches the results will be quite different. Actually, the scrimmage against Lexington should be educational for them.

#42382 02/27/03 08:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LexFan be sure and let us know the score this evening when lexington plays sumter.

#42383 02/27/03 08:35 PM
L
corner kick
corner kick
L
First of all, i think it is unfair to say that the Sumter coach and those girls have no class. You do not know the circumstances behind the game. I do not either, i just am not going to rush to such harsh judgements. Secondly, no one from the Sumter girls program is bragging or gloating. The person posting as Le Coach has no connection or affliation with the Sumter High program other than the fact that some of the girls played club ball for him. He at one time held the assistant position there, but the AD had to let him go before the season started. So recognize that Le Coach is a supporter, but does not quite realize the state of the Sumter girls program when compared to the rest of the state.

#42384 02/27/03 10:41 PM
LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
I never said the "girls" had no class. I said the coach didn't by running up the score to 19. He could of just as easily won by say 10, and then told the girls to stop scoring and just pass the ball around "X" number of times before they score again. For all I know maybe he did that. I just don't see how it helps anyone to beat another team by 19 goals. And your right the only one doing the talking is Le Coach who I know was some of the girls club coach. I guess he's just proud of his girls, which is fine, but that is still no reason to run up the score on another team. It's a long season. We'll see how they do come end of April.

#42385 02/27/03 11:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a little information: the game between Sumter and Lexington was cancelled today due to the weather. Like our friend LowerState said, "LeCoach" is not expressing any views of the Sumter High coaching staff and his reports are not supported at all by Sumter High in any way. Please don't take offense to his comments and use them against our young ladies at Sumter High. They have worked very hard this year and don't deserve the "wait til we play you" attitudes. I do think you should all know that the Sumter players were asked to complete 5 passes before scoring and were also asked to pass the ball back to the goalie several times during the game. We try to demonstrate a respect for other teams by playing as hard against them as we can. However, it is hard to play possession for 80 minutes with a team that you are obviously not matched appropriatly with. Running up the score was not intended by anyone and was not done to show off in any way. I would have enjoyed playing Lexington today and feel that both teams would have benefited from the pre-season competition. Good luck to all of you this season. Coach Brasington SHS Girl's Coach

#42386 02/28/03 12:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When i played soccer, we played teams also that weren't up to the level we were at. It is very easy to drill these teams into the ground even after doing such tasks as designating a number of passes before a shot can be taken. In games where we had opportunities such as that, we would get a certain number of goals, most certainly not to exceed around 9 or 10, which is still harsh. Then for the rest of the game we would simply just practice the things we needed practice on like one touch passes and playing keep away, with NO shots. There is no reason to allow your team to ruin another teams love for the game. Its a game, you know you are going to win soundly, have respect for others and yourselves.

#42387 02/28/03 12:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am have spoken to the coach via the internet, and he has said that his victory is only satisfying if it is done by crushing your opponent to the Pont of embarrassment. Now I know this goes against my promise not to say anything, sorry coach, but I do not believe your mentality towards the GAME of soccer is the right one. People should have fun, not lose their selfesteem. Thank you to all the honest and worthy coaches out there.

#42388 02/28/03 02:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know personally that you have not spoken with the coach. First, SHE would explain that SHE is a FEMALE since you refer to her as HE. Second, Leann has been on the other side of the lopsided games for a few years and knows how it feels. The last thing she wants to do is to make others feel that way. Matt Foley, if you want to debate the need to play possession for 60 of the 80 minutes in the match because it is 10-0 twenty minutes into the game then do so, but have some class and at least be honest. Third, there comes a point in preseason games that JV players are able to play and finally impress the Varsity coaches. They may produce goals (even with the limitations of possion and 1 touch passing placed upon them). If Coach Brasington caused any Lakewood player to have less of a love for the game it was completely unintetional. There are some teams that should not play a Varsity schedule. Lakewood Should play a more competative schedule as a JV team. Governor's School and Wilson HS have done this in the past and have had some success.

For those of you who listen to Le Coach. He does not represent the thoughts of any Sumter High School Program (or rational person). In an above post he congratulated the Crestwood goal keeper on a good performance in the same post that said she gave up 10 goals. What is a fair, or better yet a poor performance?

#42389 02/28/03 02:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry for the spelling errors. I have been taking english lessons from Le Coach

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard