Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#42390 02/28/03 02:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this a threat. Just wondering if I needed to worry about the French BOMB. Le Coach, As for your question on the SHS boys vs. Lakewood game, refer to my above post. The JV players that were brought up were scoring goals(even with the possession restrictionss placed upon them). The restrictions were in place 5 minutes into the match because the score was already 5-0. My players repeatedly pulled the ball back from an open net inside the 6, played it back through the field to our keeper, played it back through the field and finally had a shot. I too have been on the other end of a score like this. My team at the time did not have the talent to compete with the players off the bench, nuch less the starters. The coach would get a lead then play his bench. My players were not damaged by this and our love for the game has not decreased. These teams were much better than we were.

Quote from Le Coach:
Damon are you trying to push my red button,rock this French BOMB and you will get you wish (you get my drift)you YOBO < find that word in the Australian Collegiate Dictionary YOBO.

#42391 02/28/03 02:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I seemed to have lost my only copy of the Austrailian Dictionary, so if you could please define YOBO for me. I hope I can locate that Dictionary soon.

#42392 03/01/03 05:52 AM
Brace
Brace
Do I sense a growing disdain for the French???

I hear that France is dropping the Blue and Red from their flag to represent true French sentiment.

The French are giving up all red meat in favor of, you guessed it -- Chicken!!!

The French military has been exercising their upper body a lot lately. They are now proficient at "raising their hands in a V."

The Complete Military History of France

Gallic Wars -- Lost. In a war whose ending foreshadows the next 2000 years of French history, France is conquered by of all things, an Italian.

Hundred Years War -- Mostly lost, saved at last by a female schizophrenic who inadvertently creates The First Rule of French Warfare: "France's armies are victorious only when not led by a Frenchman."

Italian Wars -- Lost. France becomes the first and only country to ever lose two wars when fighting Italians. France goes 0-5-4 in Wars of Religion -- against the Hugenots.

Thirty Years War -- France is technically not a participant, but manages to get invaded anyway. Claims a tie on the basis that eventually the other participants started ignoring her.

War of Devolution -- Tied. Frenchmen take to wearing red flowerpots as chapeaux (hats, chaps).

The Dutch War -- Tied.

War of the Augsburg League / King William's War / French & Indian War -- Lost, but claimed as a tie. Three ties in a row induces deluded Francophiles the world over to label the period as the height of French military power.

War of the Spanish Succession -- Lost. The war also gave the French their first taste of a Marlboro, which they have loved ever since.

American Revolution -- In a move that will become quite familiar to future Americans, France claims a win even though the English colonies saw far more action. This is later known as "de Gaulle Syndrome," and leads to the Second Rule of French Warfare: "France only wins when America does most of the fighting."

French Revolution -- Won, primarily due to the fact that the opponent was also French.

The Napoleonic Wars -- Lost. Temporary victories (remember the First Rule) due to leadership of a Corsican, who ended up being no match for a British footwear designer.

The Franco-Prussian War -- Lost. Germany first plays the role of drunk-frat-boy to France's ugly-girl-home-alone-on-a-Saturday-night role.

World War I -- Tied and on the way to losing. France is saved by the United States. Thousands of French women find out what it's like to not only sleep with a winner, but one who doesn't call her "Fraulein." Sadly, widespread use of condoms by American forces forestalls any improvement in the French bloodline.

War in Indochina -- Lost. French forces plead sickness and take to bed with the Dien Bien Flu!

Algerian Rebellion -- Lost. This loss marks the first defeat of a Western army by a non-Turkic Muslim force since the Crusades, and produces the First Rule of Muslim Warfare: "We can always beat the French." This rule is identical to the First Rule of the Italians, Russians, Germans, English, Dutch, Spanish, Vietnamese, and Esquimaux.

War on Terrorism -- France, keeping in mind its' recent military history surrenders to Germans and Muslims just to be safe. Attempts to surrender to Vietnamese ambassador fail after he takes refuge in a McDonald's.

Au revoir, baby! Au revoir!!!

#42393 02/28/03 06:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hammer!!!!!

WOW! And I thought I was an ASS!!!!! Well put!!!!
Do you happen to know AH2k3? Sounds a lot like him!!!! How do you feel about carnies?Small hands uh?

By the way your "hammers" have one foot in the grave!!!!!
So overall France is 1-7-4 !!!!!
Shearer Strikes again!!!!!!1

#42394 02/28/03 09:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can come and see me (I will not bite you)and borrow it Damon.

YOBO is a Australian ABORIGINAL name for (Many things).
Sorry Damon but beside knowing English, I'm fluently in FRENCH & ABORIGINAL language that has many dialect.
(What tribe are you from YOBO) [Big Grin] Crocodile Dundee 1/2 movie.

#42395 02/28/03 09:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Hammer

Well put Lad very funny [Big Grin] and very true!
Why do you think my father left France in 1969 for Australia, I was nine years old.
My Father spent 3 1/2 years in the Algerian War, it was bad so he said.

Plus I was dragged in the french Army in 1981, at the age of 21 for one year.
I,m ashamed of the french sometimes,they forget what the USA did for them. And the french did for US, But Wars are about $ and more $.
That is why I am more AUSSIE the french mate.

"Je ne Regret nothing" By Edith PIAF

#42396 03/01/03 12:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Sumter Varsity lady's Head Coach, Leeann did do to right thing as SHS Coach. I'll give her that much, after half time 10-0 she did what she said to a "T". It was good to see Brooke's little sister on the JV Team move up and score goals/assisted (well done young lady).

Leeann and her assistant Coach (in my opinion)are doing a great "JOB" with the girls. She has improved the Team fitness level, and playing the same style that the U18 Sumter United played in Fall Classic. (They were undefeated devision MSGSL Champs) When I coached the girls in Fall. It is good to see that the magic is still out there on the field.

In my humble opinion, Lakewwod's coach was at fault!for what he said to his team before the game. also what he din't do, and I hope I have saved Lakewood jersey #8 to play in Classic in Fall. We can get into that later.

It was also good to see Lakewood boys come back with a "WIN" 4-1 well done lads/Mike the Coach. After they got done 19-0 by Sumter High Varsity/boys Coach Damon last week.
It din't break Lakewood spirit but made them a closer Team. Can't wait to see Lakewwod Vs Crestwood 2nd clash (again good game Lakewood)
I will be cheering on "both" Team as I have Coached some lads on both sides.

And my opinion is my opinion,freedom of speech the truth hurts oh well. At least I'm not a hyprocrite like some of you YOBOS and all the good old boys/girls.

Once again "LEEANN" your doing a fine job! KEEP IT UP.
Tell my (8) Classic girls on you SHS Team,That I am "VERY" proud of them on/off the Soccer field.

"le Coach"
The Aussie/french guy that gets BOOTED of this website, for expressing his deep feelings/truth
for the love of the game.

#42397 03/01/03 01:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a question. I must ask since I am not nearly as cultured as the great Le Coach who speaks 47 different languages, but all the spellings of the word that I have found have been YOBBO not YOBO. Are there various spellings of this term or are you just as bad at all the languages as you are English?

#42398 03/01/03 01:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The sumter club team played a 3-5-2 the SHS girls play a 3-4-3. not the same style

#42399 03/01/03 01:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The sumter club team played a 3-5-2 the SHS girls play a 3-4-3. not the same style

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard