Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#42370 02/19/03 11:09 PM
L
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
L
For anyone interested here is a forum to report on preseason scrimmages. Additions welcomed.

lpaf

#42371 02/19/03 11:18 PM
L
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
L
2/18/03

West Ashley scrimmaged Richland North East to a 1-0 victory. The WA team was dominant, I thought, with a stronger midfield and a more active offense. Still, the teams were fairly evenly matched and ball control errors attested to the fact that both teams have a way to go to get to thier full potential. #4 on the RNE team (don't know her name) looks to be a spirited and talented player with really good ball skills and quickness.

How did the Wando - RNE scrimmage look?

lpaf

#42372 02/20/03 12:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wando girls beat RNE 7-0. Wando looks very good. RNE will need to adjust to Bryn and Stacy being gone.

#42373 02/20/03 08:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sumter 10 Crestwood 0 saw some good passing/crosses combination, and strong def from Sumter and played the same magic way they did in the MSGSL Classic fall 2002 and went undefeated.
Sumter is the Team that will upset a few and raise some concern. And will have one of there best ever School season if they eat their Vegemite [Big Grin] , Crestwood Keeper ANNA you did well girl and Anabel get Ashley to move up.Well done both Team and good to see you all again Lady's (thank you for all the hugs)yo MSGSL Fall 2002 Coach "Didier"

#42374 02/21/03 05:38 AM
World Cup
World Cup
Hanna vs. D.W. Daniel

No possession kept Hanna on defense the whole night (see topic: Possession Drills). Daniel is fast and will pull the trigger from anywere at anytime. Without their two center mids (B-Ball), the jackets were punchless.

#42375 02/25/03 07:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sumter 7 Camden 0

Now can Sumter do-it 3 in a row,my prediction is yes 8-0 plus goals Vs Lakewood away game tonight.

Thunder Down-Under [Razz]

#42376 02/26/03 04:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sumter 19 Lakewood 0 [Big Grin]

Well the real test for sumter will be against Lexington next week,I can't make that game but would love to hear you report on that game thank you.

#42377 02/26/03 06:33 PM
World Cup
World Cup
T.L. Hanna vs Greenville

Clemson's coach was there and got to see some great things. Greenville shot from every angle outside the 18 and knocked in 3 of them while shutting out the Jackets.

#42378 02/26/03 08:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Walhalla defeated Seneca at Seneca 3-1 yesterday.

#42379 02/27/03 04:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is just my thought on the matter but I do not think it is right to run a score up on another team to 19. When my daughter played high school and club the coach would not allow them to do this, he made them pass so many times before scoring. They had many high level soccer players on the team and I think it was done in the spirit of fair play.

#42380 02/27/03 04:57 PM
LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
You are so right PT. I think it shows no class on the part of a coach that would allow/encourage scoring 19 goals on another team. Lets see what happens when they play a more formidable opponent. [Frown]

#42381 02/27/03 07:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gloating about such a lopsided victory over an outmanned opponent is absurd. There are a few teams in Region 5-AAAA who could return the favor, but have too much class to do so. Once Sumter gets out of the pre-season and into some real matches the results will be quite different. Actually, the scrimmage against Lexington should be educational for them.

#42382 02/27/03 08:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LexFan be sure and let us know the score this evening when lexington plays sumter.

#42383 02/27/03 08:35 PM
L
corner kick
corner kick
L
First of all, i think it is unfair to say that the Sumter coach and those girls have no class. You do not know the circumstances behind the game. I do not either, i just am not going to rush to such harsh judgements. Secondly, no one from the Sumter girls program is bragging or gloating. The person posting as Le Coach has no connection or affliation with the Sumter High program other than the fact that some of the girls played club ball for him. He at one time held the assistant position there, but the AD had to let him go before the season started. So recognize that Le Coach is a supporter, but does not quite realize the state of the Sumter girls program when compared to the rest of the state.

#42384 02/27/03 10:41 PM
LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
I never said the "girls" had no class. I said the coach didn't by running up the score to 19. He could of just as easily won by say 10, and then told the girls to stop scoring and just pass the ball around "X" number of times before they score again. For all I know maybe he did that. I just don't see how it helps anyone to beat another team by 19 goals. And your right the only one doing the talking is Le Coach who I know was some of the girls club coach. I guess he's just proud of his girls, which is fine, but that is still no reason to run up the score on another team. It's a long season. We'll see how they do come end of April.

#42385 02/27/03 11:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a little information: the game between Sumter and Lexington was cancelled today due to the weather. Like our friend LowerState said, "LeCoach" is not expressing any views of the Sumter High coaching staff and his reports are not supported at all by Sumter High in any way. Please don't take offense to his comments and use them against our young ladies at Sumter High. They have worked very hard this year and don't deserve the "wait til we play you" attitudes. I do think you should all know that the Sumter players were asked to complete 5 passes before scoring and were also asked to pass the ball back to the goalie several times during the game. We try to demonstrate a respect for other teams by playing as hard against them as we can. However, it is hard to play possession for 80 minutes with a team that you are obviously not matched appropriatly with. Running up the score was not intended by anyone and was not done to show off in any way. I would have enjoyed playing Lexington today and feel that both teams would have benefited from the pre-season competition. Good luck to all of you this season. Coach Brasington SHS Girl's Coach

#42386 02/28/03 12:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When i played soccer, we played teams also that weren't up to the level we were at. It is very easy to drill these teams into the ground even after doing such tasks as designating a number of passes before a shot can be taken. In games where we had opportunities such as that, we would get a certain number of goals, most certainly not to exceed around 9 or 10, which is still harsh. Then for the rest of the game we would simply just practice the things we needed practice on like one touch passes and playing keep away, with NO shots. There is no reason to allow your team to ruin another teams love for the game. Its a game, you know you are going to win soundly, have respect for others and yourselves.

#42387 02/28/03 12:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am have spoken to the coach via the internet, and he has said that his victory is only satisfying if it is done by crushing your opponent to the Pont of embarrassment. Now I know this goes against my promise not to say anything, sorry coach, but I do not believe your mentality towards the GAME of soccer is the right one. People should have fun, not lose their selfesteem. Thank you to all the honest and worthy coaches out there.

#42388 02/28/03 02:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know personally that you have not spoken with the coach. First, SHE would explain that SHE is a FEMALE since you refer to her as HE. Second, Leann has been on the other side of the lopsided games for a few years and knows how it feels. The last thing she wants to do is to make others feel that way. Matt Foley, if you want to debate the need to play possession for 60 of the 80 minutes in the match because it is 10-0 twenty minutes into the game then do so, but have some class and at least be honest. Third, there comes a point in preseason games that JV players are able to play and finally impress the Varsity coaches. They may produce goals (even with the limitations of possion and 1 touch passing placed upon them). If Coach Brasington caused any Lakewood player to have less of a love for the game it was completely unintetional. There are some teams that should not play a Varsity schedule. Lakewood Should play a more competative schedule as a JV team. Governor's School and Wilson HS have done this in the past and have had some success.

For those of you who listen to Le Coach. He does not represent the thoughts of any Sumter High School Program (or rational person). In an above post he congratulated the Crestwood goal keeper on a good performance in the same post that said she gave up 10 goals. What is a fair, or better yet a poor performance?

#42389 02/28/03 02:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry for the spelling errors. I have been taking english lessons from Le Coach

#42390 02/28/03 02:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this a threat. Just wondering if I needed to worry about the French BOMB. Le Coach, As for your question on the SHS boys vs. Lakewood game, refer to my above post. The JV players that were brought up were scoring goals(even with the possession restrictionss placed upon them). The restrictions were in place 5 minutes into the match because the score was already 5-0. My players repeatedly pulled the ball back from an open net inside the 6, played it back through the field to our keeper, played it back through the field and finally had a shot. I too have been on the other end of a score like this. My team at the time did not have the talent to compete with the players off the bench, nuch less the starters. The coach would get a lead then play his bench. My players were not damaged by this and our love for the game has not decreased. These teams were much better than we were.

Quote from Le Coach:
Damon are you trying to push my red button,rock this French BOMB and you will get you wish (you get my drift)you YOBO < find that word in the Australian Collegiate Dictionary YOBO.

#42391 02/28/03 02:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I seemed to have lost my only copy of the Austrailian Dictionary, so if you could please define YOBO for me. I hope I can locate that Dictionary soon.

#42392 03/01/03 05:52 AM
Brace
Brace
Do I sense a growing disdain for the French???

I hear that France is dropping the Blue and Red from their flag to represent true French sentiment.

The French are giving up all red meat in favor of, you guessed it -- Chicken!!!

The French military has been exercising their upper body a lot lately. They are now proficient at "raising their hands in a V."

The Complete Military History of France

Gallic Wars -- Lost. In a war whose ending foreshadows the next 2000 years of French history, France is conquered by of all things, an Italian.

Hundred Years War -- Mostly lost, saved at last by a female schizophrenic who inadvertently creates The First Rule of French Warfare: "France's armies are victorious only when not led by a Frenchman."

Italian Wars -- Lost. France becomes the first and only country to ever lose two wars when fighting Italians. France goes 0-5-4 in Wars of Religion -- against the Hugenots.

Thirty Years War -- France is technically not a participant, but manages to get invaded anyway. Claims a tie on the basis that eventually the other participants started ignoring her.

War of Devolution -- Tied. Frenchmen take to wearing red flowerpots as chapeaux (hats, chaps).

The Dutch War -- Tied.

War of the Augsburg League / King William's War / French & Indian War -- Lost, but claimed as a tie. Three ties in a row induces deluded Francophiles the world over to label the period as the height of French military power.

War of the Spanish Succession -- Lost. The war also gave the French their first taste of a Marlboro, which they have loved ever since.

American Revolution -- In a move that will become quite familiar to future Americans, France claims a win even though the English colonies saw far more action. This is later known as "de Gaulle Syndrome," and leads to the Second Rule of French Warfare: "France only wins when America does most of the fighting."

French Revolution -- Won, primarily due to the fact that the opponent was also French.

The Napoleonic Wars -- Lost. Temporary victories (remember the First Rule) due to leadership of a Corsican, who ended up being no match for a British footwear designer.

The Franco-Prussian War -- Lost. Germany first plays the role of drunk-frat-boy to France's ugly-girl-home-alone-on-a-Saturday-night role.

World War I -- Tied and on the way to losing. France is saved by the United States. Thousands of French women find out what it's like to not only sleep with a winner, but one who doesn't call her "Fraulein." Sadly, widespread use of condoms by American forces forestalls any improvement in the French bloodline.

War in Indochina -- Lost. French forces plead sickness and take to bed with the Dien Bien Flu!

Algerian Rebellion -- Lost. This loss marks the first defeat of a Western army by a non-Turkic Muslim force since the Crusades, and produces the First Rule of Muslim Warfare: "We can always beat the French." This rule is identical to the First Rule of the Italians, Russians, Germans, English, Dutch, Spanish, Vietnamese, and Esquimaux.

War on Terrorism -- France, keeping in mind its' recent military history surrenders to Germans and Muslims just to be safe. Attempts to surrender to Vietnamese ambassador fail after he takes refuge in a McDonald's.

Au revoir, baby! Au revoir!!!

#42393 02/28/03 06:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hammer!!!!!

WOW! And I thought I was an ASS!!!!! Well put!!!!
Do you happen to know AH2k3? Sounds a lot like him!!!! How do you feel about carnies?Small hands uh?

By the way your "hammers" have one foot in the grave!!!!!
So overall France is 1-7-4 !!!!!
Shearer Strikes again!!!!!!1

#42394 02/28/03 09:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can come and see me (I will not bite you)and borrow it Damon.

YOBO is a Australian ABORIGINAL name for (Many things).
Sorry Damon but beside knowing English, I'm fluently in FRENCH & ABORIGINAL language that has many dialect.
(What tribe are you from YOBO) [Big Grin] Crocodile Dundee 1/2 movie.

#42395 02/28/03 09:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Hammer

Well put Lad very funny [Big Grin] and very true!
Why do you think my father left France in 1969 for Australia, I was nine years old.
My Father spent 3 1/2 years in the Algerian War, it was bad so he said.

Plus I was dragged in the french Army in 1981, at the age of 21 for one year.
I,m ashamed of the french sometimes,they forget what the USA did for them. And the french did for US, But Wars are about $ and more $.
That is why I am more AUSSIE the french mate.

"Je ne Regret nothing" By Edith PIAF

#42396 03/01/03 12:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Sumter Varsity lady's Head Coach, Leeann did do to right thing as SHS Coach. I'll give her that much, after half time 10-0 she did what she said to a "T". It was good to see Brooke's little sister on the JV Team move up and score goals/assisted (well done young lady).

Leeann and her assistant Coach (in my opinion)are doing a great "JOB" with the girls. She has improved the Team fitness level, and playing the same style that the U18 Sumter United played in Fall Classic. (They were undefeated devision MSGSL Champs) When I coached the girls in Fall. It is good to see that the magic is still out there on the field.

In my humble opinion, Lakewwod's coach was at fault!for what he said to his team before the game. also what he din't do, and I hope I have saved Lakewood jersey #8 to play in Classic in Fall. We can get into that later.

It was also good to see Lakewood boys come back with a "WIN" 4-1 well done lads/Mike the Coach. After they got done 19-0 by Sumter High Varsity/boys Coach Damon last week.
It din't break Lakewood spirit but made them a closer Team. Can't wait to see Lakewwod Vs Crestwood 2nd clash (again good game Lakewood)
I will be cheering on "both" Team as I have Coached some lads on both sides.

And my opinion is my opinion,freedom of speech the truth hurts oh well. At least I'm not a hyprocrite like some of you YOBOS and all the good old boys/girls.

Once again "LEEANN" your doing a fine job! KEEP IT UP.
Tell my (8) Classic girls on you SHS Team,That I am "VERY" proud of them on/off the Soccer field.

"le Coach"
The Aussie/french guy that gets BOOTED of this website, for expressing his deep feelings/truth
for the love of the game.

#42397 03/01/03 01:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a question. I must ask since I am not nearly as cultured as the great Le Coach who speaks 47 different languages, but all the spellings of the word that I have found have been YOBBO not YOBO. Are there various spellings of this term or are you just as bad at all the languages as you are English?

#42398 03/01/03 01:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The sumter club team played a 3-5-2 the SHS girls play a 3-4-3. not the same style

#42399 03/01/03 01:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The sumter club team played a 3-5-2 the SHS girls play a 3-4-3. not the same style

#42400 03/01/03 01:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#42401 03/01/03 02:23 AM
L
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
L
Damon --

We don't pay more attention when you post it three times.
We don't pay more attention when you post it three times.
We don't pay more attention when you...

lpaf

#42402 03/01/03 02:31 AM
L
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
L
Preseason's last hurrah in the Charleston low country:

The Rotary Soccer Classic will take place tomorrow with all day match ups of local high schools in, I'm told, 40 minute games (2x 20 minutes).

lpaf

#42403 03/01/03 03:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lpaf, I am aware of that.it was done by mistake. I have a POS computer and have no idea how that happened. Sorry.

#42404 03/01/03 03:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lpaf, are there any big match-ups in this tourn? for example, wando vs. BE.

#42405 03/01/03 03:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Damon, you have never seen my Classic girls play period! And I have never used 3-5-2 formation Try 4F-3M-3D YOBO. Not much deferance from a 3-4-3 formation YOBO. What FAG/S are you smokeing.

Boy you spend alot of time with LA B,on the phone,net, and on my case. I must be a very hot topic.
What is going on YOBO, are you still married Mmmm.I was expecting at least MAYBE for once in you life a nice comment from you. But I can see you are still a YOBO again!

Were did I say I spoke 47 language L@@K YOBO:
1) English 2) French 3) Aboriginal Total =3

YOBO not YOBBO

YOBBO: is a Lout and Hoodlum.
FAG: Aussie lingo for a Smoke and in the US a she-man or in English,A boy who acts as servent to an older schoolmate.(you are so close [Razz] )

LETS GIVE IT A REST FOR A FEW DAYS "THANKS"

Every one have a good w/end and take care/be safe,have a great game on the w/end till monday.

"Le Coach"
Always gets the Ratings "UP" for SCSoccer.com

#42406 03/01/03 03:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
le coach -Not much deferance (Well written I must say)

for once in you life - It is YOUR not you. this is not a typo since you have never used this in a correct way. you may need to stike English from that list so you are down to two languages. At least you realize that it is spelled undefeated and not underfeated. Good day mate.

#42407 03/01/03 04:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok guys I am so sorry I ever brought up the comment about the score between lakeside and sumter. After reading the post from the coach it seems she tried to keep the game as even as possible. You both seem like very nice people that love the game of soccer (as I do) I am going to make a point of going to see one of the SHS girls team play when they come to columbia so I can show them support. It has been a long time since I have seen them play. This is a great website and I am so sorry if I started this heated debate. ok?

#42408 03/01/03 04:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PT
Sir you C@@L with me,(She be right mate)

We Coach's get hot under the colar sometimes,
But we love a good game of Futbol Goooaaallll !
And are all very protective of our player/s.

We don't bite (you are more then welcome to see and cheer SHS Team or any other Team/s)
I try to see all my girls play HS Games,and support Sumter, Crestwood,Lakewood,Thomas Sumter,Wilson Hall,ST Francis, 89 ODP Team and the Classic CSC Nightmares U13 Team.

Good night All

#42409 03/02/03 08:07 PM
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Just one more reason why the High School League
should adopt a score differential to end games
early that get out of hand like Sumter V Lakewood.

#42410 03/02/03 10:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly, 19-0 is horrible. Thats poor sportsmanship by a classless team. There is a difference in winning and simply going to far. Classless.

#42411 03/03/03 10:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Generally, increasing the number of passes to keep the score down against a bad team will not accomplish the task. This is because you will almost always get to the set number of passes. A couple of ideas:

Players can score off of crosses only. This is great practice, too.

Reduce the number of players you have on the field and THEN require a given number of passes. This makes the possession much more difficult especially if you get down to 7 or 8 players. It also requires your players to move more off of the ball to get open.

#42412 03/04/03 01:04 AM
Brace
Brace
I didn't read all of the posts in this thread but we have talked about this before. First, if we adopted a "Mercy Rule", then people would get upset b/c the other team scored 10 goals in 30 minutes, and then the game is over. Second, I do not believe that SCHSL will allow a team who has at least 11 players to play with less than 11 on the field.

My team (Stall High School) played a pre-season game at Spring Valley. We were very much over matched and on top of that, we only had 11 players. The final was 12-0. If we had driven 2 hours to play a match that lasted 60 minutes, it would have been a waste for both teams. I can say that we are a much better team for playing that game and it gave Spring Valley a chance to play younger players one the result was not in question. Also, the Spring Valley players and coaches showed a tremendous amount of respect for me and my team. The score is insignificant- it's how the team gets there. We play Sumter Wednesday night.

#42413 03/05/03 04:07 AM
hat-trick
hat-trick
Le Coach,
I coached against your club team twice this
past fall and it sure looked like a 4-4-2
to me. [Smile]

#42414 03/08/03 01:55 AM
Brace
Brace
Bazza and Crossbar,
Unless one of you is the coach of Lakewood then you have no right to comment on a game you have no firsthand knowledge of. My team, Stall High, played at Sumter and lost 18-0. I can honestly say that Sumter did not attempt to run up the score. It just seemed that every shot they hit was either in the upper 90, from point blank range or hit with increible pace. This is because they are a tremendously skilled team. They played around the back, passed up certain shots on goal and shook hands with my players at the end of the game. Also, their fans and players treated my players with respect while having complete enthusiasm for their own team. Their 4-0 result over Spring Valley was definately deserved and not a fluke. We have played both teams.

Like I said, it is not the final score but how the team gets there.

#42415 03/08/03 03:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Finally, someone from Lakewood... The game against Sumter High was awesome. The girls are very talented, and the coaches and players were very respectful. I didn't mind that they ran the score up because as long as I get to play, then that is all that matters to me. The fun ended when they had to complete 5 passes but I understand why the coach told them to do that. No one from SHS killed my love for the game.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard