A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
March 11, 2003 at Memorial Stadium
Dutch Fork 2 - Dreher 1 (PK)
A great match! Dreher tied the game at 1 with <2 minutes in regulation. They were still deadlocked after two 5 minute OT periods and 5 PKs. Dutch Fork won on the 6th PK. Lots of good shots and outstanding saves on both sides.

L
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
L
West Ashley 16 - Battery Creek 0 (Friday 3/14)

The pillage of Region VIII's soft underbelly by Region VII schools comes to an end mid week with Region foes until playoffs. James Island, Wando and West Ashley should be much more evenly matched this year than last.

lpaf

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You really have a way with words. [Smile]

L
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
L
James Island 8 v Stratford 0

West Ashley 3 v Wando 2, OT

lpaf

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to Julie and the rest of Wildcats. What happened to Wando?

L
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
L
Swimmer1 --

Wando played their usual gorgeous team play with crisp passing and long runs down the field (usually from the left) looking for crossing shots to the right. West Ashley's defense rose to the occasion and limited their scoring to a PK and a really nice free kick from 30 yards out that bounced around a bit in front of the goal and was popped in. West Ashley scored on a PK (Alexis Brothers) and two powerful breakthroughs down the middle (one short, one from about mid field) by Meech Gibbs, who had a great game. It was nice to see Julie back on the field after a week off due to an eye injury.

Wando and James Island play Tuesday night and I am of the humble opinion that the JI defense is too strong and their offensive weapons too many for Wando to beat them. I think the time of unquestioned Wando domination of Charleston 4-A girls' soccer is over.

lpaf

L
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
L
Swimmer1 --

As a footnote, it's possible that Wando is being punished in some sense for their parents making us listen to those insufferable cowbells all those years in rec and classic soccer. Now the good side of the force (soccer west of the peninsula) is out to silence those pompous hand clapper things.

lpaf

World Cup
World Cup
I thought Pickens was the only High School sanctioned to use those...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I hear West Ashley has no shortage of obnoxious fans either. I guess it is everyone's perspective.

L
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
L
S1 --

Every team has its obnoxious fans. It's those hand clappers I hate. After all, each Wando fan that I have seen actually has two real hands. Why not clap those? Brass fog horns. That's where it's at...

Two great games this week. Wando v JI tomorrow at James Island and JI at West Ashley on Friday. Great entertainment for $5.

lpaf

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard