Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
corner kick
corner kick
D
I'am really looking forward to the James Island, West Ashley gmae on Friday this should be a good one. Even though the teams palyed in the Rotary, this time it counts. James Island had better watch out for Wando and not look ahead to the West Ashley game, Wando is mad and they are looking to take it out on someone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
James Island - Wando.
Managed to get there for 2nd half. Looked like a good game by both sides. James Island offense is talented.
Wando survived coach's decision to put in subs too early.

L
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
L
Wando 4 at James Island 3

A very physical game with lots of free kicks, two yellows and one red card (Wando player). Wando was up 3-0 in the early second half and JI scored two quick goals, both, I think, by Kelly Gosnell, to make it 3-2 with about 20 minutes remaining. JI looked like it would carry the momentum forward but Wando scored again on a JI defensive lapse that let them have a one on one down the left side of the field and a pretty finish with a soft misdirection shot against Danielle Olivier. JI came back with one more goal with about 4 minutes left to pull within one goal, but Wando tied things up with good defense and lots of substitutions.

Overall, the teams were very even, though their styles are very different. Wando's team play was excellent and JI let them spend too much time settling the ball and passing in the center 25 - 30 yards out. James Island had a less well organized attack and their passing was not as crisp, but their individual play was at times outstanding. All in all a really exciting evening of soccer that supports my premise that Region 7 4A is no longer an east of the Cooper one horse show.

lpaf

ps: Gosnell, a JI freshman I think, is a very impressive striker and should make quite a name for herself before she graduates.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lpaf-
Why weren't you at W Ashley game?

Charleston area is going to produce a lot of girls who can play college ball. Good for everyone to have more competition.

L
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
L
S1 --

I went to the game with the better competition. Had to make sure I got my $5 worth. I have a 10th grade step daughter who plays for JI, live on JI, and am pretty closely linked with all the JI players who are part of Andy Grist's Carolina Girls Fusion team. This was my first opportunity to watch them play a tight game. My WA daughter said the team had thought about drawing 11 names at random out of a hat and sending them to play yesterday's WA game, freeing up the other playes to go watch Wando v James Island. I guess they thought better of it in the end.

lpaf

ps: Where do you swim?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mainly outdoors ( May - Oct).
In winter - St Andrews. Gets expensive though.

I do believe that Wando has best chance to win state (admittedly won't be easy) if coach will just leave 11 best players on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LPAF
So Friday will be daughter vs daughter. I had that a few yrs ago. Hate those games. Hard to pull for both teams at same time.

World Cup
World Cup
"Go Team!"
"Thatta Girl!"
"Way to go!"
"Alright!"

Add those bland, bipartisan comments coupled with continuous claps and whistles. All parties involved should sleep soundly in the comfort of the mutual support of their father.

Being afraid of such conflict, I would probably claim to have a rare 12 hour bout with malaria that left me unable to attend. Best of luck lala

L
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
L
I support the West Island Trojan Cats anytime my daughters play each other. Without hesitation. Always. But mostly I just cheer for good play out of each of the girls.

lpaf

World Cup
World Cup
Ahhhhh, yes I remember that team. Quite the competitors they are.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard