Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they have hardly gotten scored on at all this year and have quality wins against cardinal newman (#1 in SCISA), socastee (top 15 in 4A), and n myrtle beach (3A top 10, and let me remind you that some of these games werent even close. like the n myrtle beach game which they are ranked lower than.

also... they are undefeated, yet they are #8. Which means they have actually slipped. Could you please explain this to me because it makes no sense to me how you could wipe out the competition and actually slip in the rankings, even behind the team that you waxed 4-0.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe if some of the scores for West Florence were reported they would be ranked higher. Only one game score has been posted. I think The people who do the rankings get there info on wins/loses from this web site and base the rankings on this. Post the scores for West Florence or email them to the webmaster so he can update there schedule and they might move up in the rankings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
alright i'll make sure i do that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When did they beat cardinal newman?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
in cardinal newman's tournament

World Cup
World Cup
goalie -- That was a Jamboree and those half-games do not count towards a tournament or regular season record.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well then why are you counting the ridgeview tournament games towards our record?

those games didnt count either. so why do you take preseason tournaments into consideration but not jamborees? neither count.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
even without that tournament though they are still more impressive than the others ahead of them.

they killed socastee and n myrtle beach. both of those are quality wins

they also killed south florence and they were supposed to play ac flora the last two weekends but there was a scheduling mistake. Thats one wacky thing about these rankings, its like stength of schedule means nothing.

World Cup
World Cup
goalie -- You must be a newcomer to high school soccer in South Carolina!

Tournament matches -- the ones played or scheduled for regulation times -- COUNT on a team's overall record ... Jamboree games are "exhibition" only -- i.e., Charleston's Rotary Classic or Cardinal Newman's "Spring Fling" -- these usually are played in "halves" or "quarters" depending on the number of teams and format of tourney.

According to SCHSL rules, a team can play 16 varsity matches and two invitational tournaments or 18 varsity matches and one invitational tournament.

So, your squad West Florence (boys varsity) elected to play in the Sandhills Soccer Classic -- a preseason tournament hosted by Ridge View -- and The Palmetto Cup -- an in-season tournament hosted by Brookland-Cayce ... Hope this clears things up for you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just so you know, West Florence may have beaten North Myrtle Beach, but NMB is definitely a better team. They are ranked higher because they ARE better. The night they played West Florence, they were missing the majority of their mid field and their starting goalie. I would take bets that if West Florence and North Myrtle Beach were to play again, NMB would definitely come out on top-no doubt!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard