Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they have hardly gotten scored on at all this year and have quality wins against cardinal newman (#1 in SCISA), socastee (top 15 in 4A), and n myrtle beach (3A top 10, and let me remind you that some of these games werent even close. like the n myrtle beach game which they are ranked lower than.

also... they are undefeated, yet they are #8. Which means they have actually slipped. Could you please explain this to me because it makes no sense to me how you could wipe out the competition and actually slip in the rankings, even behind the team that you waxed 4-0.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe if some of the scores for West Florence were reported they would be ranked higher. Only one game score has been posted. I think The people who do the rankings get there info on wins/loses from this web site and base the rankings on this. Post the scores for West Florence or email them to the webmaster so he can update there schedule and they might move up in the rankings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
alright i'll make sure i do that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When did they beat cardinal newman?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
in cardinal newman's tournament

World Cup
World Cup
goalie -- That was a Jamboree and those half-games do not count towards a tournament or regular season record.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well then why are you counting the ridgeview tournament games towards our record?

those games didnt count either. so why do you take preseason tournaments into consideration but not jamborees? neither count.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
even without that tournament though they are still more impressive than the others ahead of them.

they killed socastee and n myrtle beach. both of those are quality wins

they also killed south florence and they were supposed to play ac flora the last two weekends but there was a scheduling mistake. Thats one wacky thing about these rankings, its like stength of schedule means nothing.

World Cup
World Cup
goalie -- You must be a newcomer to high school soccer in South Carolina!

Tournament matches -- the ones played or scheduled for regulation times -- COUNT on a team's overall record ... Jamboree games are "exhibition" only -- i.e., Charleston's Rotary Classic or Cardinal Newman's "Spring Fling" -- these usually are played in "halves" or "quarters" depending on the number of teams and format of tourney.

According to SCHSL rules, a team can play 16 varsity matches and two invitational tournaments or 18 varsity matches and one invitational tournament.

So, your squad West Florence (boys varsity) elected to play in the Sandhills Soccer Classic -- a preseason tournament hosted by Ridge View -- and The Palmetto Cup -- an in-season tournament hosted by Brookland-Cayce ... Hope this clears things up for you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just so you know, West Florence may have beaten North Myrtle Beach, but NMB is definitely a better team. They are ranked higher because they ARE better. The night they played West Florence, they were missing the majority of their mid field and their starting goalie. I would take bets that if West Florence and North Myrtle Beach were to play again, NMB would definitely come out on top-no doubt!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also, Socastee is not ranked in the top 15 in 4A.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok, i'm not a new-comer to sc high school soccer, i've been apart of it for 4 years

Also if this is true it makes no sense that a PRESEASON tournament as it is called counts towards your record, just the same as the scrimages do.

all i'm saying is there is obviously some holes in how you rank teams we dont deserve to be a top 10 team by any stretch but some of the other teams arent as worthy as some of the other ones. A lot of these guys just arent playing anybody and sometimes even losing to teams that arent that strong. In the case of the girls i just dont see why they arent at least top 6 with their performances in these contests they have already played, the are obviously killing everybody.

Grandma lacy, i dont wanna hear it, you lost 4-0 and we werent at our best and we didnt have our first string keeper in either. We played once, you got blown out, so how you think your the better team makes me wonder
by the way, when we played socastee, they were top 15.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
by the way, not only did yall get blown out, but you also talked trash the rest of the game while we were beating your boys team.
You saying you were definatly the better team is one of the funniest things i've read in a long time on this board. I watched the game, get real.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay goalie, if you've played soccer for four years you should know that the first game you play is not always the determining factor as to how your team is going to perform for the rest of the year. As I'm sure YOU (being someone of experience) knows, sometimes it takes a team a little while to get into the jist of things. In NMB's case (both boys and girls) our only exception is the West Florence game. Meet us anytime, anywhere, and we will prove to you just how good we really are. And by the way Mr."People have bad games." because lord knows you had one losing to South Florence (who lost to CONWAY, who NMB boys beat 6-1!!!!) I can guarantee you that NMB played their worst game of the season against you guys. No disrespect to the girls of West Florence, I mean they've got skill, but come to a game when NMB really comes out to play and you'll see why both teams are ranked so high!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
rankings are done the best they can possibly be done. the teams on top are great highschool teams... they have difficult schedules and win big GAMES... they go to big tournaments (ie viking cup). however, most importantly, they do well in playoffs. do well in your regular season and PROVE your point in playoffs as oppose to talking.
PS- you would get more respect if you treated others with it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AMEN 18*!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how can you say your definatly a better team that them? The only time you played head to head you got blown out, and west florence has not lost a game since or been scored on much less i'm pretty sure. All i'm saying is it makes no sense how we could play so awesome and move down. Pretty gutsy calling west florence out "any time, any place" when you know thats not going to happen, you had your chance, you both lost be decent margins. Now you can keep believing both teams are better if you want. Dosent mean i have to agree with you

i have no problem with n. mrytle beach, theres just a thing on this board with them. Both of you just dont play anybody challenging, theres talk about playing in tournaments with great teams to gain respect from '18 ... well who did you guys play in this so-called "tournament" ? Nobody that impressive. Its easy to get under the impression your a great team when you dont challenge yourselves, and as far as proving it playoff time, you're in for a rude awakening.

Please point out when i was ever disrespectful, if anybody was disrespectful it was granny making the bold statement that her team was definatly better after getting blown out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Florence didnt beat Cardinal Newman in the tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The viking cup is a tournament that holds the best teams in the state. They have all either won state, runners-up at state, or ranked very highly. the teams that usually attend this event are mauldin, riverside, eastside, wando, dreher, hilcrest, summerville, etc. i've already played 4 years of highschool soccer and i know what the play-offs are like. good teams make playoffs and do well. ask mauldin, riverside, christ church.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i was referring to the tournament n. myrtle beach play in with with geogetown and conway... nice try though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK... I am sorry "goalie," it was just a misunderstanding from a collaboration of your cluttered thoughts; however, I do agree with you that it was in fact a "nice try" upon my part to try to read and comprehend a compilement of imcomplete thoughts. BEST OF LUCK TO YOU AND YOUR TEAM... enjoy it while you can it goes by fast. (let's you and I leave it at this)

Brace
Brace
WF girls don't play anybody!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well, i WAS talking about girls soccer. But somehow my team got brought into it. Not my fault.

west florence plays any and everybody that will give them a game in the beginning of the season, they were supposed to play ac flora the past two weekends but ac flora messed up the scheduling so it didnt work out. Its not their fault their region is so poor and the other teams in the pee dee are weak in girls soccer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goalie, an observation and answer to your question...The people that you are asking for respect from don't matter. If you are the better team then that will play out on the field. Having been around soccer a long time, especially high school soccer, I can say this without a doubt...If you want respect, then show respect. Talk will get you nowhere. And from experience I can tell you that if I had my way about it, my team would always be unranked...that's how you show you are better and that's how you sneak up on people. Rankings are overrated anyway. I am saying this to you in a nice way and not meaning it to degrade you, but the best advice I can give you (and the best ever given to me) is "Shut up and play". Which merely means just focus on the game and the parts that YOU can control. Things will happen if and when they are supposed to happen. Consider not getting respect a good thing for the time being. And good luck this season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
obviously if you don't even know what the Viking Cup is, then you aren't a very good team. It used to be the top 16 teams in the state, regardless of class played in this tournament, now it's been enlarged to top 20. This is where the best competition of the entire year is concentrated into one weekend pretty much. I don't think you could handle the competition, it's amazing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
obviously my comments originally made and people getting off the topic is confusing people.

all i wanted to say was the west florence girls team is getting screwed in the rankings even though they were more impressive than some of the other teams ahead of them, then some girl from north myrtle beach wants to run her mouth about how they were definatly better even thought they lost to us 4-0. Then somebody wants to bring up my team and make the assumption that i am "new to high school soccer" just bc i dont get the concept of counting PRESEASON tournaments toward a team's record. It was never about anything but the west florence girls team's lack of respect in the rankings.

Once again for all of those that didnt understand this the first time, i wasnt talking about the Viking Cup, i was talking about that tournament they played in at the beach with conway and georgetown and teams like that. If you dont think i dont know what i'm talking about when it comes to tournaments why dont you look into the sandhills classic and the palmetto cup... two tournaments that MY team is playing in this year.

oh, and for all those people that dosent think the girls team dosent play anybody or dosent deserve to be ranking higher heres a score from today

WEST FLORENCE 2 AC FLORA 1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whoah. goalie... lets not freak out here. its a stupid ranking from a couple games. first of all, west florence is a good team... but not as good as you are making them sound. secondly, stop your whining please. from my experience, the players and teams that talk the most are the ones who have nothing to show. also, i know you might be trying to defend your girls team, but really, you're making them sound worse. dont speak for them. let them show it on the field... they dont need you to embarrass them by talking so much junk.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok slm, nobody was freaking out.

you can use every old line in the book like "good teams let their play do the talking" if it makes you feel smarter go ahead, i have nothing to do with the girls team i was just making a point that there were some holes in these rankings. West Florence beat everybody they play and have their first goal scored against them today in a win against #5 AC Flora and before this game they were #9. I dunno it just dosent make sense, it dosent bother me enough that i have to keep complaining about it still but people keep making points on why they shouldnt be ranked higher and i just disagree. If nobody else wants to say anything else then i wont it dosent matter to me. i just dont get why nobody will agree with me on this.

I hope i didnt 'freak out' or make west florence high school look bad by expressing my opinion, but thats what it is, an opinion, if you dont like it, then fine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
cardinal newman didnt play west florence in the tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i'm just telling you what i heard, i wasnt there.

what i was told was we won 1-0 but since those games dont count it really dosent matter, West Florence has been impressive enough without that game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why are you bragging so much?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why are you asking me stupid questions?

I'm not bragging, all i'm doing is stating things that i have seen and heard. I'm sorry about the Cardinal Newman thing if it isnt true, that was just what i was told. My last comment was basically made to say if that was true then it was ok b/c that game dosent make or break our season. That might be "bragging" in your opinion but last time i checked i could say whatever i wanted on this board, if you dont like it start your own board or something, i'm pretty sure i wouldnt be there!

By the way, if west florence played cardinal newman they would beat them so get over it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if the CN vs West Florence game will be played at a later date? That would be a good game to watch, anyone agree?

World Cup
World Cup
West Florence plays at Cardinal Newman tonight (3/27) in girls soccer. Kickoff is at 6:00 p.m. in Columbia.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goalie...enough already. WF doesn't need you to talk them up. They are a good team and will do well this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok did you notice how in an earlier post i said if nobody wants to talk about that subject anymore i wouldnt. Well i kept my end of the bargain but somebody else decided to keep it going, so just drop it if you dont like it. Geez this is the last time i post anything on the girls board.

ENOUGH ALREADY

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone know the score between CN and WF tonight?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CN-5 WF-1
Goals by: Kelly Giese, Kelsey Roth, Margaret Ann Burrows, Sarah Faulds, and Jamie Shaw

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i knew this was comming, we choked... thats all i can say.

good game CN

Goal
Goal
Hey lalalala, can you say hahahaha??? To goalie, what comes around goes around!

Brace
Brace
why dosent west florence girls team get any respect? CARDINAL NEWMAN 5-1 WEST FLORENCE

That's why!!! Shut your trap "Paper Tigers"!!! Play some competition!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just couldn't let that last comment go without an answer. Check the CN record over the last 4-6 years. While most of our games are played within our conference (SCISA), we also play many games outside of our conference - Dreher, Flora, Ridgeview, RNE, Aiken, Chapin, BC, etc. and our record is more than 80% in the win column. CN has a strong Varsity Girls team that has sent it's fair share of players on to play in college. Not bad considering that our school has less than 350 students in the 7-12 grade, our varsity always has 3-4 players that are still in Middle School. This year's team is as strong as ever and we look forward to many years of competitive soccer!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whoa you guys really burned me on that one! I'm glad you guys think you somehow won something b/c west florence lost last night. Enjoy it.

LOSERS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goalie-my comments were to Hammer for implying that CN wasn't tough competition. If you will re-read my comments you will see that I didn't mention the game between WF and CN. We are a strong team that faces many strong opponents. We are glad that all the teams include us on their schedule and we don't believe in bashing other teams. Good luck with the rest of your season!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thanks, but i wasnt talking to you, i knew what you were saying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CN seems to be beating some very tough teams!
[Eek!]

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard