Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4270 03/06/02 09:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I apologize to Joe Landreneau for misspelling his name in the prior message. Also,I meant to say that a player in possession of the ball can be tackled from behind in a legal fashion.The tackling player could conceivably get all ball first without any contact with the player in possession. Is this correct? If there is contact with the player first and the player was on a breakaway, I thought the call was an automatic red card but this may be in the ref's discretion. There should be a yellow card for this foul at the very least but I have seen this twice this year with no cards being given although the foul was called and a direct kick awarded. If someone would clarify this, I would be grateful.

#4271 03/08/02 02:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact that the attacker touched the ball first does not give him license to make unfair contact with the player.

#4272 03/08/02 06:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know refs are going to miss calls, make bad calls because I am a qualified ref as well. The club I coached required all coaches and captains of the team to take the test,pass it, and ref in the lower ages. The refs I've run up against don't do any preventive reffing its straight to the card. There is no communication with the players at all. They don't tell them what is going on they just give hand signals and carry on. Not all players know the hand signals. They could save themselves a lot of hassle if they vocalized a little more and gave a little less attitude (appeared to enjoy doing it). As a coach you try to tell them what the signals mean but the ref is always closer. Just a thought.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard