Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4273 03/05/02 06:44 PM
J
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
J
I can understand some refs may not do a very good job. But there has to be some refs that have done a good job at some of your games. Why don't you use this topic to let them know they did a good job. I'm sure it would make them feel a little better if they knew that some people thought they did a good job at a game or games. Thanks.

#4274 03/05/02 06:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I AGREE I'VE SEEN A LOT OF GOOD GAMES CALLED
WE NEED SOME WAY TO RATE THE REF'S.

#4275 03/05/02 07:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like to thank ONE of the Lancaster Referees. There was one guy who apparently did NOT know what offsides was, he just kept calling it on both sides simply because the attacker was faster than the defenders. Well during one of the several break aways i had, this guy called me offsides, from the completely OPPOSITE side of the field, when there was a ref just 10 yards behind me. Well he KNEW i was not offsides and gave us the benefit of the doubt and overruled the call and gave us a free kick from where we were. We gave the WRONG ref a hard time about it during the game since we thought he stopped play to make us take a kick from much farther back when i was on a break away. But i found out we were wrong about that, SO THANK YOU TO THE REF WHO HELPED US OUT ON THAT, I heard comments from my team saying YOU were the best Lancaster Ref they'd ever seen, you called a good game, however i wouldnt say the other guy did, SO THANK YOU. [Wink]

#4276 03/05/02 07:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While it is certainly true that some speedy players may be called offsides (especially if they have been caught offsides a few times previously), the two man system must live with those mistakes; the angles are going to be wrong most of the time. I've watched it both ways (a man offsides is not called for it and scores) in last night's game. BTW, the correct restart is a dropped ball.

According to FIFA Law 8 Page 20, Dropped ball

"A dropped ball is the way of restarting the match after a temporary stoppage which becomes necessary, while the ball is in play, for any reason not mentioned elsewhere in the Laws of the Game."

Most often used for injuries and accidental whistles.

If the offsides was waived off by the other official, there can be no free kick (no infraction of the laws), cannot be a throw in, ball not out of bounds; must be a dropped ball.

NOTE: A dropped ball does not require players from both sides to be present even though the book shows two players.

#4277 03/06/02 04:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The correct restart is a drop ball for what call?

#4278 03/06/02 04:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stoppage of play is never a dropped ball unless neither team had clear possession. Teams with class will not take advantage of this situation by taking the indirect kick (which could be very close to the goal); they instead pass the ball back to their own side of the field and restart the attack.

As a referee, we should wait until the possession is in the middle of the field before stopping play unless an injury, etc. prevents this.

#4279 03/06/02 06:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The refs that do a good job know who they are. They hustle to try and get in position and call a clean fair game. The ones that are slackers usually get caught out of position and miss important calls. [Confused] To the hustlers out there.....thanks. Let's don't let a few slackers ruin what is for the most part a good group. We need to be able to weed these people out. Is there a rating system somewhere?

#4280 03/06/02 08:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In all my soccer career i have seen maybe 5 good refs. there are so many refs who dont understand the rules or the game itself. the refs need to shape up.

#4281 03/08/02 04:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats kinda wild how the rules say there can be no free kick if an offsides is waived by the official who didnt call it.......cause that's EXACTLY what happened for us.

#4282 03/08/02 07:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What rule says there can be no free kick when an offside call is waved off? Rule 9-3-1 says in case of a temporary suspension due to .. an unusual situation, if one team is clearly in possession of the ball, the game shall be restarted by an indirect free kick by the team in possession of the ball at the point where the ball was when play was suspended.

#4283 03/08/02 08:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know that we all can have problems with referees from time to time. We need to remember that these guys get paid a small amount of money and rarely have any fun due to the verbal abuse they recieve. I will admit that this is my second year of coaching and I have fallen into the trap of yelling and carrying on. It does not good and shows the ugly side of soccer, lack of sportsmanship. I would like to thank that referee at the Gaffneya nd Clover game on Wednesday. This young man is a previous player and down to earth. He let the game be played and was fair. Thank you for all your work. I certainly would not want the job!!!

#4284 03/08/02 08:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OFFICIAL-Scroll up just a little ways to what KRMURR says according to FIFA Law 8 page 2......

#4285 03/08/02 09:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see there is difference between FIFA rules and NFHS rules. High Schools in SC play by NFHS rules. I was quoting from NFHS.

#4286 03/08/02 11:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats kewl, i wasnt really thinkin we played by FIFA rules.

#4287 03/08/02 11:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We dont play by FIFA rules, we play by NFHS rules.

#4288 03/17/02 11:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In response to the topic question - Yes, there are at least two excellent refs out there.

Edisto varsity boys played soccer at Hanahan on Tuesday, March 12. I am not sure of the spelling, but I think the two referees were Jeff Broeken and Robert Carrera. These two referees did an excellent job. They were very professional and neutral. They let the teams play but kept the game well-controlled. All of their calls were made with authority, and there was no question as to what their calls were.

Sam Clarke

#4289 03/19/02 12:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I take it you guys must have won the game, so I would probably say the same.

#4290 03/19/02 04:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wanna say good game to both of the refs at the Lr vs. SV tonight(monday). They called a game to where it stayed clean but in the same fact didn't get card happy which I've seen before, where a ref before the game even gets rough are already throwing cards and I'm not dissing any refs cuz I respect that sometimes a card is needed to clear up any speculation that they are going to let this game get out of hand but I want to tip my hat to the refs of tonights game and also to both teams for playing a clean game good job SV and good luck to you

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard