I was just wondering what ya'll think of the Lakewood girl's team. Thanx

#42765 04/09/03 06:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just score me a "GOAL" and you win that $295 ring that I donated to that Team that scores LHS first "GOAL".

#42766 04/09/03 07:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lwsoccerchic_05,
I understand that you are a high school kid that just wants to have her team talked about, but if your team has not even scored a goal this season you may want to be careful for what you ask for. The imput from others may not be as positive as you would hope.

#42767 04/09/03 10:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Finally another girl from LHS is on the message board [Smile] . I think Lakewood has a long way to go but our hearts are in the right place. Feel free to talk about your team and don't be ashamed of it because we enjoy working hard and playing soccer, really that is what is most important.

#42768 04/10/03 04:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LHS #5

You are a very special young lady, and you are surrounded by people that luvs you. You mom/dad you band of sisters on the field,and don't forget "MOI" so (USE YO BOODY).

You name is on that ring girl I can see it,go for it girl.

Thanks #8 you are a UNO#1 LHS Captain, and I will miss ya in Fall but I will come up and see ya play at WINTHROP.

#42769 04/10/03 01:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The stats read that Lakewood beat OW 1-0 this year. Who scored the goal in that game? or was it won in pk's.

#42770 04/10/03 05:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I remember correctly, Orangeburg's bus broke down about 30 minutes away. The refs waited about an hour and then called the game. Orangeburg, as far as I know, just went back to their school.

#42771 04/10/03 07:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, OW's bus broke down. As for the Lakewood girls team, there is much to be said. There are a lot of young teams out there, but few that are consistently young year after year. The roster is full of players who have never played before the first match of the season, even some that come out midway through the year. This sort of inconsistent make-up cannot offer the team any type of improvement from year to year. There are a few bright spots on the team, but overall the team suffers from a lack of depth, determination, or drive to win. There is no feeder program to speak of, very minimal support or recognition for their achievements, and the probability of losing their team to a coed combination with the boys team for next year.

Now, I feel that they deserve some praise, regardless of their misfortunes. There are some players on the team that do care a great deal. The keeper is a freshman and had never played in goal before the first game of the season. She has done an outstanding job of keeping the ball out of the goal. She makes rookie mistakes, but what do you expect from a rookie who had no intentions of playing that position. I think she has done a marvelous job. The forwards have created some opportunities, but haven't been able to capitalize on them to get on the score board. They are sometimes a little hesitant to shoot and fail to communicate with each other. The mids lack the depth of experience to support the attack, but do try their best on some occasions. The defense, while young and inexperienced on the outside, has some maturity and stability on the inside. The stopper has a decent clearance when she connects with the ball, but needs to work on mobility and awareness on the field. The sweeper is a utility player, mule, of the team. She is small in stature, but large in heart and determination. Her importance in the defense is apparent, but one can't help but desire her skill to be used in all levels of the offensive attack.

The team is struggling and has been for the entire length of its life span. They are the knight from Monty Python's Holy Grail that won't quit fighting even after both of its legs and arms are cut off--"tis but a flesh wound!!" I wish them all the luck and am crossing my fingers for their first goal this season.

As for their coach. He doesn't seem to get the job done. Is it the players he has? Is it his understanding of the game? Is it his lack of team developmental skills? He does a lot of yelling on the sidelines, but does he know what he's talking about? Is he more of a detriment to the team than an asset? I guess that would be another post for another time.

#42772 04/10/03 08:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FutbolA3

Well said LHS Varsity Head Coach CE!

Let me add my two cents worth Coach,them 3 players that didn't want to play in the rain.
And let the band of sisters down on the field with only 9 players against WF. GET THEM OFF THE TEAM!

You have alot of support from MOI and other Coach's,Use them they want to help you and you Team.Don't be ashamed of you lack of exp as a HS soccer Coach.Ask and you will receive all the help you need FREE.

I am not the "BEST" girls Coach in SC, But I have learn alot from my Classic Team last Fall.And I did do some "MAGIC" with them on the field, Look at CHS player Bargas/Devino Wilson Hall player Magen McElveen and 8 players from SHS Varsity Team.

As a Coach you must have a open heart/mind,Learn from me and other Coach's. If you see something that works that I use then please yous it in you program/training. Push you girls to play Fall Classic at Sumter, and see them come back in Spring with more Exp and drive.The best Exp is PRACTICAL and the skills will come,I am behind you all the way if you need me.

A group of US will not let you program go Coed, we will come up with the money for you soccer HS program in 2004 mark my word.

I need a Ast Coach and Head Coach's for the Girls Fall Classic program.You are "VERY" welcome to jump on board and Coach, Because I learn new things every day.We Coach's are not perfect but we can learn from each other.

And I hope you retire #8 LHS jersey and frame it at LHS,Because that girl deserves it she has a heart of gold.And if you don't have the money to do that, come and see me I will give you a CHQ. And if no one scores a GOAL then give her the RING as a farewell present from her Team and give the aver things to the Goal Keeper that I donated to you a few weeks back.

Didier Blanquart
U18 Girls Head Classic Coach Sumter Soccer
ST Francis Ast Coach Coed Team
Fan:SHS,WH,LHS,CHS,TSA

#42773 04/10/03 10:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Le coach, your right, #8 is an awesome player, and deserves all the props she gets. She loves the game, and probably out of everyone on our team, she's the one who deserves the ring the most, even if we don't score. She has a great chance to get a soccer scholarship to a really good college. As of the other three girls who left before our game started, me and the rest of the team are very disapointed in them. They let the whole team down. We were playing a game against west florence, one of the best teams in the STATE!!! And, yes our coach did kick them off.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard