Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#42774 04/14/03 04:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Being an LHS player.....I am honored. Even though we haven't scored a goal, I enjoy playing with the girls on my team. When I first started playing with them, they pretty much took me in and made me feel welcome. Our coach does his best to help us. And we do our best to help each other. Like one of my team members said, it's not whether we score a goal, it's the fact that we get out there and enjoy playing the game. to me, that's all that matters!

#42775 04/13/03 11:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those girls that wouldn't play in the rain, did disappoint me. That proved to me that they weren't a dedicated member of the team. They deserved to be kicked off because I (being the hard playing soccer player that I am) was VERY embarrassed my their behavior! They got what they deserved. We can play without them!

~~Pigtails~~ [Smile]

#42776 04/14/03 12:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the purpose for not playing in the rain and how many girls are on the roster? Enough to finish the season. Sounds like you girls really want to play and develop like true athletes. Good luck to you Lakewood girls and coach. Hang in there.

On another note, what is the ring competition all about? That seems sketchy [Confused] Why offer prizes when you obviously want to win and play your best. Just fill me in on the details.

#42777 04/14/03 12:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You did well today on the field at Haynsworth,and you are improving each week.It is good to see you dad out there in the goals.

PS: I like the soccer short,I should get one with LE Coach on them [Big Grin]
SOME ONE TELL HIM (Wrball)PLEASE ABOUT WHAT I GAVE AWAY TO LHS GIRLS TEAM.

Later lady's

#42778 04/14/03 12:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The ring isn't a competition. It's something for us to get a goal. The ring was given to our coach as a reward for the person who makes our first goal. There is a bracelet that is going to be given to the girl who assists in that goal. It is just something for us to work for!

~~Pigtails~~ [Smile]

#42779 04/14/03 01:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have enough people on the roster to finish the season. But I'm not sure the exact number of people that are on there. I don't know what the purpose was for not playing in the rain. To be honest, I think that's the best time to play because I have to most fun, and while it is raining it is easier to play because the players don't get sweaty and hot as easy! I am truely proud of the people who stayed and played in the rain. The rain is just water, something that you need to live...so I'm startin to wonder why they were so scared to play. Is is because they didn't want their hair to get messed up?? or is it because they didn't want to get sick? Well, whatever the reason was....it caused them to get kicked off the team.....but, the season must go on!!! [Big Grin]

#42780 04/14/03 01:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that we have a lot to work on, but we get better and better every game. We might have to play a man or two down, but the girls that are staying are truly the dedicated hard working ones, who actually care about soccer. I really hope that we find a way to keep girls soccer from getting cut. My team and i will be very sad if it does. I'm pretty sure we'll still play even if it goes coed, or we join Crestwood, because i know that i will. By the way (Le coach, I'm not slow!!! haha j/p)

#42781 04/14/03 01:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#5 Tara

If I see you play like I saw you today, you will never hear one more word from me again!
You are better then you think on the field TARA.
And I can't wait till I get my hands on you in Fall Classic U16 He hee [Wink]

You will run like the wind,fly like a dove,tackle like a rugby player and shot bullets at the nets.

PS: Tell you brotha to take that sweet girl to her prom,give him heaps from me.

#42782 04/14/03 01:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our team started with only 10 or 11 players, but then some dropped and some came out. The most that we've had at one game was a full field and two subs. EVERYONE gets to play. We had 11 on the day of the rain and three girls had their parents come get them because they didn't want to play in the rain. Now we have about 10 or 11 with a couple that just recently got their physicals. It's very frustrating because of the numbers and the fact that the new ones have to adjust very quickly. I know that it is disheartening for the girls who have stuck with the team, but I'm very proud of their dedication. We'll continue to struggle through this season, but the girls who stay with us will be better off for it because they haven't given up, even in the face of certain defeat. [Cool]

#42783 04/14/03 01:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well hopefully whoever does not want to see Lakewood girls soccer go to coed will bring their butt to the budget meeting tomorrow at CHS. I'm sure I'll coach will let us off a hour early so we can look all pretty for it, right coach? [Big Grin]

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard