Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#42804 04/16/03 01:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very true you have improved and you nearly score against SHS tonight "WELL DONE YOUNG LADY"
Wait till I get my hands on you in Fall Classic young lady,You will be the best you can be.
And I will ask you dad to be a Ast Coach.And tell them the Coach name that spends every sundays at Haynesworth with you young lady's skills. Because he cares about every player on a soccer field, and wants to see Sumter Soccer Club Grow. So next year I can come back and GIVE (12)College Soccer scholarship away to my home girls in Sumter.

And I am not the only one out there every Sunday
Coaching them kids, Read the list of names Dedicated Coaches and Parents.THANX GUYS
Troy Robinett
John McLeod
Jack Ray
Mario Price
Mike Carraher
Rick Chambers
And 4 parents

#42805 04/16/03 01:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Le Coach...one thing you need to do is start presenting yourself in a much better, more respectable fashion. Say the things you say, but use some tact when you speak. As for the lakewood girls coach...get off his back. Anyone that will take time out to coach a team, especially one that hasn't won a game, is a great person and doesn't need everyone jumping his case.

#42806 04/16/03 01:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i think our coach is very dedicated to our team, and i really respect him for that. We should try and look at more of the positive things instead of always jumping to the negative. [Smile]

#42807 04/16/03 01:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But think.....we play hard (sometimes not as hard as we should be playing). Why haven't we won a game?!?! Is it because we don't know the drills that need to be used during the game? Or is it the fact that we don't try? Well, all I can say is that I give my hardest, and us not winning a game.......makes ME look bad. But, I still get out there and play. We should also have respect b/c we are the ones that are playing the game....not the coach(es)

#42808 04/16/03 01:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope that the people who diss my coach on here will go up to him tomorrow and tell him what you really think of him.

#11, you say that you have improved, I don't doubt that. BUT, do you walk at patriot hall like you do in our practices? How many things has our coach tried to teach you and you don't use them in practice or the games???

Maybe people should realize that it is not only the coaching that is to blame for our so called humiliation. Our players are LAZY and there has not been a practice so far that EVERYONE has been at. Don't give me this crap about our coaching, he has been the only person who has believed in us until this year. Frankly, I am ashamed of the way our players treat him. If the players would respect him then maybe you all would be willing to learn more from him. You were quick to blame him but did anyone notice when the GOALIE told me that she didn't want to play goalie so she gave up trying??? Yet, when she got on the field she was filled with energy. Heck, she had so much energy that she decided to play every position. Too bad that she messed up a few of my offsides traps.

I value everyones opinions so feel free to tell me how you feel about me. Do it on here AND to my FACE though. I'm not saying that our coaching is the best, but we aren't the best players either. Some of us are willing to work a little harder for other coaches instead of our own. But, if you had that coach everyday how hard would you work? It's easy to do it just on Sundays.

Thank you to Didi, John and all the other people that are trying to help us. Thank you Coach Edge for always being there for me even when soccer wasn't invloved.

Good game tomorrow girls.

#42809 04/16/03 02:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LHS Coach CE,
Is prepare to coach the LHS next year for FREE!
I was told that tonight on the field,now that is a dedicated Coach in my eyes that cares for his girls and his HS program.GO ONE COACH

One of my goals at Sumter Soccer Club in 2003 is to send all our Classic Coach's to get there Coaching Cert FREE!.

And I herd throw the grapevine that SHS Varsity Lady head Coach LA B would like to Coach a girls Team in Fall."GOOD ONE" every one jump in regardless if you don't like me or I don't like her or him. The bottom line is (IT IS FOR THE KIDS) long live soccer in Sumter.

Check out Sumter soccer club updates for news/coaching positions/events and so on at.

www.uscsumter.edu/~ssoccer

#42810 04/16/03 12:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for all the feedback on my coaching ability. As for soccermom, I'm glad that you know who I am and I'm pretty sure that I know who you are. As for the help that I've been offered by some "experienced" coaches, I can't recall anyone coming to any practices to offer their input. I had one parent come out for one practice. He said that he wanted to help and I invited him to come back anytime he wanted to, but I haven't seen him again. I appreciate his coming to the games and supporting the team, but as for helping me out, I haven't seen it.

Yes, there are some coaches that go out to Patriot Hall on Sundays to help out, and you may wonder why my name isn't listed. Well, I did go out there one day, but unfortunately I do more than just coach soccer. I am also a teacher. I didn't play soccer in high school or college. Everything that I know about soccer, I have learned from other coaches, reading books, and trial and error. I am busy on most Sunday afternoons. I try to get out there, but it's hard when you have a life away from the "game".

As for my players that have gotten "so much" better since going out to Patriot Hall, I must concur with LW08 in that I have taught some of the skills that they claim the learned for the first time out there. But, apparently, my charms aren't as inviting or as engaging as other coaches.

I have often questioned my abilities as a coach. I'm not the best, but I would like to think that I'm not the worst. I do what I can with what I can. As for my evaluation of my team, I do not criticize to put them down. The question was raised what people thought about the Lakewood girls team and I simply put forth my honest evaluation. There are strong players who play strong for the entire 80 minutes. There are strong players who play about half of that. There are weak players who give their best in the game. And there are weak players who don't care about the team and are only there to say that they are on the team. I know who they are and their teammates know who they are. But, they are apart of our team. And as a team, I will always point out what needs improving. That's what coaches do. They show the need for improvement and show how to improve it. As for my players who have expressed on here how they feel about my coaching, Thanks. I appreciate an educated opinion from someone who understands ALL that there is to coaching. It means a lot to me to know how you really feel.

As for me being respected by my players. I am to blame for that. There is no discipline or consequence for poor performance on my team. And I don't mean for playing badly. I mean that I have 11 players. I can't very well punish people for not coming to practice for stupid reasons. I normally wouldn't play people if they missed practice, but what choice do I have but to let them play in order to fill the field? Sure, I could play down...oh, wait, I have. Silly me to forget. Do I care for my players? Yes, even after they disgrace me and my efforts on this public format.

I love soccer and my players, but obviously the feeling is not mutual. Oh, well. I don't coach for people to like me. But, if you play for me, you play for me. Not the coaches in the stands!!! If not, get off my field.

#42811 04/16/03 01:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So next year I can come back and GIVE (12)College Soccer scholarship away to my home girls in Sumter.

Come on!!!! There are not 12 players in the entire Sumter county that could play in college, much less get a scholarship. You continue to get these girls thinking that they can play in college. If you cared you would be realistic with them. Teach them how to have fun with the game and the skills that it takes to enjoy soccer at a somewhat competative level. The highest level of soccer is usually club at this age but since you only play sandlapper the highest level that these girls will EVER play is high school. Futball3A, do not worry. Ralph Lundy could coach at Lakewood and the girls would still not win. You have little to work with. Please poeple, be honest so girls are not crushed when schools laugh at them for trying to play in college. It is a disgrace to all those talented girls from Wando, W. Asley, Dutch Fork, etc. who are 100 times better than these girls who are not able to play at the next level because they are not good enough. BE HONEST with players, you will help them in the long run.

#42812 04/16/03 01:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 Bad Mojo

I think you are wrong about the amount of talent in Sumter but you are right, we could have the best coach but if the desire to improve and the determination isn't there then who we have as a coach will not matter.

#42813 04/16/03 05:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LW08,
I am not trying to be mean when I say that there is little talent in that area. It is being honest. The only player from that area to get a soccer scholarship this year is the Jeffery Taylor kid from SHS. It takes a lot to get a scholarship. Many very talented players never get one. If your team has yet to score and you are not a standout in a challenge level club team you WILL NOT get a scholarship. You are not good enough. It sounds mean to say that a player is not good enough( when I say you I am speaking to all girls in this situation, not to you directly LW08)but colleges will tell you the same thimg. I have worked closely with various colleges in the Southeast and I can tell you this. It just makes me mad to see coaches at high schools build kids up when they are not nearly talented enough to play at that level. Lets start being honest with kids so they will not be crushed by reality when their hopes are shattered.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard