I was just wondering what ya'll think of the Lakewood girl's team. Thanx

#42765 04/09/03 06:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just score me a "GOAL" and you win that $295 ring that I donated to that Team that scores LHS first "GOAL".

#42766 04/09/03 07:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lwsoccerchic_05,
I understand that you are a high school kid that just wants to have her team talked about, but if your team has not even scored a goal this season you may want to be careful for what you ask for. The imput from others may not be as positive as you would hope.

#42767 04/09/03 10:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Finally another girl from LHS is on the message board [Smile] . I think Lakewood has a long way to go but our hearts are in the right place. Feel free to talk about your team and don't be ashamed of it because we enjoy working hard and playing soccer, really that is what is most important.

#42768 04/10/03 04:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LHS #5

You are a very special young lady, and you are surrounded by people that luvs you. You mom/dad you band of sisters on the field,and don't forget "MOI" so (USE YO BOODY).

You name is on that ring girl I can see it,go for it girl.

Thanks #8 you are a UNO#1 LHS Captain, and I will miss ya in Fall but I will come up and see ya play at WINTHROP.

#42769 04/10/03 01:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The stats read that Lakewood beat OW 1-0 this year. Who scored the goal in that game? or was it won in pk's.

#42770 04/10/03 05:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I remember correctly, Orangeburg's bus broke down about 30 minutes away. The refs waited about an hour and then called the game. Orangeburg, as far as I know, just went back to their school.

#42771 04/10/03 07:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, OW's bus broke down. As for the Lakewood girls team, there is much to be said. There are a lot of young teams out there, but few that are consistently young year after year. The roster is full of players who have never played before the first match of the season, even some that come out midway through the year. This sort of inconsistent make-up cannot offer the team any type of improvement from year to year. There are a few bright spots on the team, but overall the team suffers from a lack of depth, determination, or drive to win. There is no feeder program to speak of, very minimal support or recognition for their achievements, and the probability of losing their team to a coed combination with the boys team for next year.

Now, I feel that they deserve some praise, regardless of their misfortunes. There are some players on the team that do care a great deal. The keeper is a freshman and had never played in goal before the first game of the season. She has done an outstanding job of keeping the ball out of the goal. She makes rookie mistakes, but what do you expect from a rookie who had no intentions of playing that position. I think she has done a marvelous job. The forwards have created some opportunities, but haven't been able to capitalize on them to get on the score board. They are sometimes a little hesitant to shoot and fail to communicate with each other. The mids lack the depth of experience to support the attack, but do try their best on some occasions. The defense, while young and inexperienced on the outside, has some maturity and stability on the inside. The stopper has a decent clearance when she connects with the ball, but needs to work on mobility and awareness on the field. The sweeper is a utility player, mule, of the team. She is small in stature, but large in heart and determination. Her importance in the defense is apparent, but one can't help but desire her skill to be used in all levels of the offensive attack.

The team is struggling and has been for the entire length of its life span. They are the knight from Monty Python's Holy Grail that won't quit fighting even after both of its legs and arms are cut off--"tis but a flesh wound!!" I wish them all the luck and am crossing my fingers for their first goal this season.

As for their coach. He doesn't seem to get the job done. Is it the players he has? Is it his understanding of the game? Is it his lack of team developmental skills? He does a lot of yelling on the sidelines, but does he know what he's talking about? Is he more of a detriment to the team than an asset? I guess that would be another post for another time.

#42772 04/10/03 08:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FutbolA3

Well said LHS Varsity Head Coach CE!

Let me add my two cents worth Coach,them 3 players that didn't want to play in the rain.
And let the band of sisters down on the field with only 9 players against WF. GET THEM OFF THE TEAM!

You have alot of support from MOI and other Coach's,Use them they want to help you and you Team.Don't be ashamed of you lack of exp as a HS soccer Coach.Ask and you will receive all the help you need FREE.

I am not the "BEST" girls Coach in SC, But I have learn alot from my Classic Team last Fall.And I did do some "MAGIC" with them on the field, Look at CHS player Bargas/Devino Wilson Hall player Magen McElveen and 8 players from SHS Varsity Team.

As a Coach you must have a open heart/mind,Learn from me and other Coach's. If you see something that works that I use then please yous it in you program/training. Push you girls to play Fall Classic at Sumter, and see them come back in Spring with more Exp and drive.The best Exp is PRACTICAL and the skills will come,I am behind you all the way if you need me.

A group of US will not let you program go Coed, we will come up with the money for you soccer HS program in 2004 mark my word.

I need a Ast Coach and Head Coach's for the Girls Fall Classic program.You are "VERY" welcome to jump on board and Coach, Because I learn new things every day.We Coach's are not perfect but we can learn from each other.

And I hope you retire #8 LHS jersey and frame it at LHS,Because that girl deserves it she has a heart of gold.And if you don't have the money to do that, come and see me I will give you a CHQ. And if no one scores a GOAL then give her the RING as a farewell present from her Team and give the aver things to the Goal Keeper that I donated to you a few weeks back.

Didier Blanquart
U18 Girls Head Classic Coach Sumter Soccer
ST Francis Ast Coach Coed Team
Fan:SHS,WH,LHS,CHS,TSA

#42773 04/10/03 10:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Le coach, your right, #8 is an awesome player, and deserves all the props she gets. She loves the game, and probably out of everyone on our team, she's the one who deserves the ring the most, even if we don't score. She has a great chance to get a soccer scholarship to a really good college. As of the other three girls who left before our game started, me and the rest of the team are very disapointed in them. They let the whole team down. We were playing a game against west florence, one of the best teams in the STATE!!! And, yes our coach did kick them off.

#42774 04/14/03 04:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Being an LHS player.....I am honored. Even though we haven't scored a goal, I enjoy playing with the girls on my team. When I first started playing with them, they pretty much took me in and made me feel welcome. Our coach does his best to help us. And we do our best to help each other. Like one of my team members said, it's not whether we score a goal, it's the fact that we get out there and enjoy playing the game. to me, that's all that matters!

#42775 04/13/03 11:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those girls that wouldn't play in the rain, did disappoint me. That proved to me that they weren't a dedicated member of the team. They deserved to be kicked off because I (being the hard playing soccer player that I am) was VERY embarrassed my their behavior! They got what they deserved. We can play without them!

~~Pigtails~~ [Smile]

#42776 04/14/03 12:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the purpose for not playing in the rain and how many girls are on the roster? Enough to finish the season. Sounds like you girls really want to play and develop like true athletes. Good luck to you Lakewood girls and coach. Hang in there.

On another note, what is the ring competition all about? That seems sketchy [Confused] Why offer prizes when you obviously want to win and play your best. Just fill me in on the details.

#42777 04/14/03 12:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You did well today on the field at Haynsworth,and you are improving each week.It is good to see you dad out there in the goals.

PS: I like the soccer short,I should get one with LE Coach on them [Big Grin]
SOME ONE TELL HIM (Wrball)PLEASE ABOUT WHAT I GAVE AWAY TO LHS GIRLS TEAM.

Later lady's

#42778 04/14/03 12:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The ring isn't a competition. It's something for us to get a goal. The ring was given to our coach as a reward for the person who makes our first goal. There is a bracelet that is going to be given to the girl who assists in that goal. It is just something for us to work for!

~~Pigtails~~ [Smile]

#42779 04/14/03 01:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have enough people on the roster to finish the season. But I'm not sure the exact number of people that are on there. I don't know what the purpose was for not playing in the rain. To be honest, I think that's the best time to play because I have to most fun, and while it is raining it is easier to play because the players don't get sweaty and hot as easy! I am truely proud of the people who stayed and played in the rain. The rain is just water, something that you need to live...so I'm startin to wonder why they were so scared to play. Is is because they didn't want their hair to get messed up?? or is it because they didn't want to get sick? Well, whatever the reason was....it caused them to get kicked off the team.....but, the season must go on!!! [Big Grin]

#42780 04/14/03 01:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that we have a lot to work on, but we get better and better every game. We might have to play a man or two down, but the girls that are staying are truly the dedicated hard working ones, who actually care about soccer. I really hope that we find a way to keep girls soccer from getting cut. My team and i will be very sad if it does. I'm pretty sure we'll still play even if it goes coed, or we join Crestwood, because i know that i will. By the way (Le coach, I'm not slow!!! haha j/p)

#42781 04/14/03 01:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#5 Tara

If I see you play like I saw you today, you will never hear one more word from me again!
You are better then you think on the field TARA.
And I can't wait till I get my hands on you in Fall Classic U16 He hee [Wink]

You will run like the wind,fly like a dove,tackle like a rugby player and shot bullets at the nets.

PS: Tell you brotha to take that sweet girl to her prom,give him heaps from me.

#42782 04/14/03 01:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our team started with only 10 or 11 players, but then some dropped and some came out. The most that we've had at one game was a full field and two subs. EVERYONE gets to play. We had 11 on the day of the rain and three girls had their parents come get them because they didn't want to play in the rain. Now we have about 10 or 11 with a couple that just recently got their physicals. It's very frustrating because of the numbers and the fact that the new ones have to adjust very quickly. I know that it is disheartening for the girls who have stuck with the team, but I'm very proud of their dedication. We'll continue to struggle through this season, but the girls who stay with us will be better off for it because they haven't given up, even in the face of certain defeat. [Cool]

#42783 04/14/03 01:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well hopefully whoever does not want to see Lakewood girls soccer go to coed will bring their butt to the budget meeting tomorrow at CHS. I'm sure I'll coach will let us off a hour early so we can look all pretty for it, right coach? [Big Grin]

#42784 04/14/03 02:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm with LW08 on this one.....everybody is upset about our team going coed next year. If they think it's wrong, then they need to support their opinion by going to the meeting!

~~Pigtails~~ [Cool]

#42785 04/14/03 02:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, all the girls should bring their mamas because we all know how mamas can act when someone is messin' with their babies. Making our team coed is totally playing with my emotions [Mad]

#42786 04/14/03 02:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Futbol3A

Just to let you know that #5,#11,#8 played one hell of of a game today at Haynesworth against the BOYS. And MALIA scored GOOOOOAAALLLL

#42787 04/14/03 02:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Le Coach will be there girls with a baseball bat!

VOTE NO: for Coed Monday night! [Mad]

#42788 04/14/03 02:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Le Coach, whose side of the field will you be on when we play Sumter high hm? I can bet you that they won't beat us as bad as last time. [Big Grin]

#42789 04/14/03 03:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I will tell you this:
I did send a E-mail to the SHS Coach, and told her to just put (9) SHS girls on the field.
So they can get a real work out! because SHS have had some easy games and when they face a hard team they go down.So they need a good work out so they can go on and beat the rest of all their game coming up.

If she puts 11 on against you girls then I will shake my head. They will still beat you girls with 9 players, But it will not be a high score.
But it will be a FAST game and that is what they need right now, they will have fresh legs on the bench 4 on 4 off at one time.

I have players on both sides so I will be very quite and stay neutral,play like you played today and you will be fine HAVE FUN.

#42790 04/15/03 01:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you to all the girls and parents that went to the budget meeting tonight. I think we kicked some major butt if all else fails, at least we know that we gave up a good fight. Tara thank your dad for me. Oh, Mandy thank yours, too.

#42791 04/15/03 02:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank u to all of the people who came to support our team. Especially u melia. You won't even be playing on our team next year, and you still came to support us. [Smile] And also Stacy, Valory, Tianna, and Daniel thank you too (did i forget anyone??). I think that we might be able to have a team next year!! And also to the parents that came. That really made a difference. [Big Grin]

#42792 04/15/03 02:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lets try and make a goal tommorrow!!

#42793 04/15/03 02:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the way, where were u at Dedier?? I thought u were going to come and support us? [Confused]

#42794 04/15/03 02:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was wondering the same thing....Oh Didi, where were you??? [Wink]

#42795 04/15/03 04:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lady's I had a game with my ST Francis Team, It was all over by 6:45pm we lost 1-0.
But Coach McLeod gave it to them from me "WAY TO GO McLeod" I will donate that $1 and they can give it back to Coach McLeod for his pay next year at LHS.
It is so good to "SEE" I am not the only man in this town WITH BALLS! and #11 father.

Me/John will be at the next one in two weeks,with double barrel loaded.When iam finish with that thick head DR Baker he will need a (DR and a Nurse)Because I will put him in his place real fast.

LHS "BAND OF SISTERS" just hang ten,The fight in not over yet.They have not seen A FRENCH REVOLUTION YET OR A FIGHTING KANGAROO IN ACTION.

I have handle dangers live snakes by the tail all my life in Australia and a few dozens in the US, and wrestled 4-8ft Crocodiles in Australia.Imagine what I can do WITH THAT CROC OF **** "DR"

#42796 04/15/03 01:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hope to see u at our game dedier!! [Smile]

#42797 04/15/03 07:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is offering prizes to players and threatening community leaders the way things are run in your town? I am shocked you call yourself a coach (le coach). I will tell my family in Sumter to stay away from your Aussie temper. Good luck running any type of a soccer program, you will need it with your class.
Kids be careful of the snake-charming, aligator fighter. Ha Ha. W.R.

#42798 04/15/03 08:19 PM
LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Le Coach.. You are out of control. With most of the comments I read from you on this message board I dont' think I would want any of my kids playing for you. I think you mean well, and have the best interest of the kids and the game of soccer in what you say and do, but you just don't go about it in the right manner. Good Luck to you, you need it.

#42799 04/15/03 10:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If u want to talk trash about Le coach, than make a new topic for it please.

#42800 04/15/03 11:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is to futbol3a, I know who you are and I think that it is a disgrace that you humiliate your team in public. Your girls need to be taught the fundamentals, and they are not getting that. There is a lot of potential on the team and a lot of heart, but a lot of their mistakes come from coaching. You have been offered help by some very experienced coaches, but have not taken them up on their offer. We appreciate your time and effort, but don't publicly humiliate your own team.

#42801 04/16/03 12:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Le Coach,
Are you really Steve Irwin? With your skills of snake charming and croc wrestling, you should have a TV show.

#42802 04/16/03 12:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LexFan

I appreciate your comments! really I do,and you can ask any players that I have coached at HS,Club,Sundays and parents. They will all tell you "HE HAS DONE WONDERS WITH THEM" on the field.

I don't hide my self behind a "FAKE HANDLE" on this forum,field or in a crowd,I say what needs to be said out load "THE TRUTH". I will never speak to you behind you back! like a Hypocrite and if I have said something about you or anyone out there, I will say the same thing to you face word for word.

My heart is in the right place when it comes to soccer in Sumter,and if and when you have seen me in action or spoken to me face to face. Then judge me but not till then, to many people seat back and say nothing and come up to me and say manythings,So I say it for them because they don't have round Balls like me. I have (2 soccer Balls and I use them size one 24/7) [Big Grin]

#42803 04/16/03 12:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to agree with the lady that was talking about us being coached. Since I started going to practices on Sundays, I have learnt A LOT. I'm not trying to talk trash about our coah, but, I'd LOVE to have an experienced coach come to one of our daily practices and show us a few moves! I love the coach he have right now, but I haven't learnt a great deal from him. People have told me that they have seen a tremendous imvrovement since I started going to practices on Sundays!!!!!!!

#42804 04/16/03 01:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very true you have improved and you nearly score against SHS tonight "WELL DONE YOUNG LADY"
Wait till I get my hands on you in Fall Classic young lady,You will be the best you can be.
And I will ask you dad to be a Ast Coach.And tell them the Coach name that spends every sundays at Haynesworth with you young lady's skills. Because he cares about every player on a soccer field, and wants to see Sumter Soccer Club Grow. So next year I can come back and GIVE (12)College Soccer scholarship away to my home girls in Sumter.

And I am not the only one out there every Sunday
Coaching them kids, Read the list of names Dedicated Coaches and Parents.THANX GUYS
Troy Robinett
John McLeod
Jack Ray
Mario Price
Mike Carraher
Rick Chambers
And 4 parents

#42805 04/16/03 01:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Le Coach...one thing you need to do is start presenting yourself in a much better, more respectable fashion. Say the things you say, but use some tact when you speak. As for the lakewood girls coach...get off his back. Anyone that will take time out to coach a team, especially one that hasn't won a game, is a great person and doesn't need everyone jumping his case.

#42806 04/16/03 01:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i think our coach is very dedicated to our team, and i really respect him for that. We should try and look at more of the positive things instead of always jumping to the negative. [Smile]

#42807 04/16/03 01:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But think.....we play hard (sometimes not as hard as we should be playing). Why haven't we won a game?!?! Is it because we don't know the drills that need to be used during the game? Or is it the fact that we don't try? Well, all I can say is that I give my hardest, and us not winning a game.......makes ME look bad. But, I still get out there and play. We should also have respect b/c we are the ones that are playing the game....not the coach(es)

#42808 04/16/03 01:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope that the people who diss my coach on here will go up to him tomorrow and tell him what you really think of him.

#11, you say that you have improved, I don't doubt that. BUT, do you walk at patriot hall like you do in our practices? How many things has our coach tried to teach you and you don't use them in practice or the games???

Maybe people should realize that it is not only the coaching that is to blame for our so called humiliation. Our players are LAZY and there has not been a practice so far that EVERYONE has been at. Don't give me this crap about our coaching, he has been the only person who has believed in us until this year. Frankly, I am ashamed of the way our players treat him. If the players would respect him then maybe you all would be willing to learn more from him. You were quick to blame him but did anyone notice when the GOALIE told me that she didn't want to play goalie so she gave up trying??? Yet, when she got on the field she was filled with energy. Heck, she had so much energy that she decided to play every position. Too bad that she messed up a few of my offsides traps.

I value everyones opinions so feel free to tell me how you feel about me. Do it on here AND to my FACE though. I'm not saying that our coaching is the best, but we aren't the best players either. Some of us are willing to work a little harder for other coaches instead of our own. But, if you had that coach everyday how hard would you work? It's easy to do it just on Sundays.

Thank you to Didi, John and all the other people that are trying to help us. Thank you Coach Edge for always being there for me even when soccer wasn't invloved.

Good game tomorrow girls.

#42809 04/16/03 02:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LHS Coach CE,
Is prepare to coach the LHS next year for FREE!
I was told that tonight on the field,now that is a dedicated Coach in my eyes that cares for his girls and his HS program.GO ONE COACH

One of my goals at Sumter Soccer Club in 2003 is to send all our Classic Coach's to get there Coaching Cert FREE!.

And I herd throw the grapevine that SHS Varsity Lady head Coach LA B would like to Coach a girls Team in Fall."GOOD ONE" every one jump in regardless if you don't like me or I don't like her or him. The bottom line is (IT IS FOR THE KIDS) long live soccer in Sumter.

Check out Sumter soccer club updates for news/coaching positions/events and so on at.

www.uscsumter.edu/~ssoccer

#42810 04/16/03 12:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for all the feedback on my coaching ability. As for soccermom, I'm glad that you know who I am and I'm pretty sure that I know who you are. As for the help that I've been offered by some "experienced" coaches, I can't recall anyone coming to any practices to offer their input. I had one parent come out for one practice. He said that he wanted to help and I invited him to come back anytime he wanted to, but I haven't seen him again. I appreciate his coming to the games and supporting the team, but as for helping me out, I haven't seen it.

Yes, there are some coaches that go out to Patriot Hall on Sundays to help out, and you may wonder why my name isn't listed. Well, I did go out there one day, but unfortunately I do more than just coach soccer. I am also a teacher. I didn't play soccer in high school or college. Everything that I know about soccer, I have learned from other coaches, reading books, and trial and error. I am busy on most Sunday afternoons. I try to get out there, but it's hard when you have a life away from the "game".

As for my players that have gotten "so much" better since going out to Patriot Hall, I must concur with LW08 in that I have taught some of the skills that they claim the learned for the first time out there. But, apparently, my charms aren't as inviting or as engaging as other coaches.

I have often questioned my abilities as a coach. I'm not the best, but I would like to think that I'm not the worst. I do what I can with what I can. As for my evaluation of my team, I do not criticize to put them down. The question was raised what people thought about the Lakewood girls team and I simply put forth my honest evaluation. There are strong players who play strong for the entire 80 minutes. There are strong players who play about half of that. There are weak players who give their best in the game. And there are weak players who don't care about the team and are only there to say that they are on the team. I know who they are and their teammates know who they are. But, they are apart of our team. And as a team, I will always point out what needs improving. That's what coaches do. They show the need for improvement and show how to improve it. As for my players who have expressed on here how they feel about my coaching, Thanks. I appreciate an educated opinion from someone who understands ALL that there is to coaching. It means a lot to me to know how you really feel.

As for me being respected by my players. I am to blame for that. There is no discipline or consequence for poor performance on my team. And I don't mean for playing badly. I mean that I have 11 players. I can't very well punish people for not coming to practice for stupid reasons. I normally wouldn't play people if they missed practice, but what choice do I have but to let them play in order to fill the field? Sure, I could play down...oh, wait, I have. Silly me to forget. Do I care for my players? Yes, even after they disgrace me and my efforts on this public format.

I love soccer and my players, but obviously the feeling is not mutual. Oh, well. I don't coach for people to like me. But, if you play for me, you play for me. Not the coaches in the stands!!! If not, get off my field.

#42811 04/16/03 01:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So next year I can come back and GIVE (12)College Soccer scholarship away to my home girls in Sumter.

Come on!!!! There are not 12 players in the entire Sumter county that could play in college, much less get a scholarship. You continue to get these girls thinking that they can play in college. If you cared you would be realistic with them. Teach them how to have fun with the game and the skills that it takes to enjoy soccer at a somewhat competative level. The highest level of soccer is usually club at this age but since you only play sandlapper the highest level that these girls will EVER play is high school. Futball3A, do not worry. Ralph Lundy could coach at Lakewood and the girls would still not win. You have little to work with. Please poeple, be honest so girls are not crushed when schools laugh at them for trying to play in college. It is a disgrace to all those talented girls from Wando, W. Asley, Dutch Fork, etc. who are 100 times better than these girls who are not able to play at the next level because they are not good enough. BE HONEST with players, you will help them in the long run.

#42812 04/16/03 01:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 Bad Mojo

I think you are wrong about the amount of talent in Sumter but you are right, we could have the best coach but if the desire to improve and the determination isn't there then who we have as a coach will not matter.

#42813 04/16/03 05:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LW08,
I am not trying to be mean when I say that there is little talent in that area. It is being honest. The only player from that area to get a soccer scholarship this year is the Jeffery Taylor kid from SHS. It takes a lot to get a scholarship. Many very talented players never get one. If your team has yet to score and you are not a standout in a challenge level club team you WILL NOT get a scholarship. You are not good enough. It sounds mean to say that a player is not good enough( when I say you I am speaking to all girls in this situation, not to you directly LW08)but colleges will tell you the same thimg. I have worked closely with various colleges in the Southeast and I can tell you this. It just makes me mad to see coaches at high schools build kids up when they are not nearly talented enough to play at that level. Lets start being honest with kids so they will not be crushed by reality when their hopes are shattered.

#42814 04/16/03 06:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just don't think that it is right for you to say that someone "WILL NOT" get a scholaship. Are you a college coach? I understand that you are not trying to be mean.

Have you seen every girl in Sumter play? Perhaps you should just stick to the soccer in your town and I'll stick to mine, in the end we will both see if Le Coach is telling the truth.

Have a nice day [Smile]

#42815 04/16/03 06:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As for my comments earlier, I've learned a lot from all of the coaches that have taught me and from my teammates that have tried to help. Everybody has taught me a great deal. I wasn't trying to "diss" my coach. I do appreciate everything he has done and all of the time he has put in for us. I'm sorry if i offended anybody in anyway. Soccer means the world to me.....I deeply regret if what I said came out the wrong way. LET'S PLAY SOCCER!!!!!

#42816 04/16/03 07:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
futbol3A

Criss and all the Coach's,Parents,player's and fans on the stands at all HS games.

This man has just spoken from his heart, and out loud on this forum.It took a lot of guts to say what he said on this public forum.And Criss I truly "RESPECT YOU"
as a coach/man,You will be a great coach down the line because you heart is in the right place.Please come and Coach a Team at SSC in Fall "PLEASE"

I have been there two Criss so keep you head high and do what you think is best.I could go on and on about you commemts, some are very true and some are flase.No one is perfect but there is alot of people out there that respect you,and want to help you I am one of them.And I did put you name on one of them list in a topic on scsoccer.com

"AFTER THIS WEEK I WILL NOT GO ON THIS FORUM ANYMORE" It is getting out of hands.
To many people on this forum love to trash and back stable and hide behind "NAME HANDLES"
Only a few that have the guts to say it and sign his/hers comments with a real name.But for some it is the only way they can express them self and that is fine.

I hope that the the rest of yous out there,spend more time coaching,playing,training and building Teams and Soccer Clubs (FOR THE KIDS) and stay off this forum with negative comments.And lets all leave the past behind and look forward to the future.Don't judge the book by its cover,get to no that person inside out. Talk to them shake his/her hand, tell them what you fill inside and tell them face to face, Then make you comments.

I will not be at LHS Vs CHS game tonight sorry boys/girls,but play fair and may the best team win good luck to all!
I am going to CHILL OUT on the boat tonight with a soccer dad, catch a BIG BASS use it for bait to CATCH a ALLIGATOR. And show him how to handle it with my bare hands, Kiss it on the nose and set it FREE then have a few FROSTERS.

I WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGIES TO ANYONE ON THIS PUBLIC FORUM, IF I HAVE OFFENDED YOU IN ANYWAY OR YOU MISS UNDERSTOOD ME FOR WHAT I HAVE WROTE.
MY INTENTION HAVE ALWAYS BEEN FOR THE KIDS AND SOCCER IN SUMTER.

SIGN:Didier Blanquart
didier_blanquart@hotmail.com

PS: NO soccer this Sunday at Haynesworth, have a great weekend and take care.

#42817 04/17/03 01:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dedier i scored!! yay!! And you missed it!! But anywho, this is my last time writing on this message board, because things have gotten way out of hand, and i totally regret making this topic in the first place.

#42818 04/17/03 01:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Soccermom1

You said that you knew Futbol3a but why won't you make your identity known?

I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just curious as to who you are. [Confused]

#42819 04/17/03 01:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tara got a GOOOOAAAALLLLLLL!!!!!! way to go girl [Smile]

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard