Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WE.the undersigned do hear by "DISAGREE" with DR.Baker and the District 2 School Board and their decision to combine the Lakewood High School boys and girls soccer team. By signing below, We are asking Dr.Baker and the School Board to (reconsider) and once again make the teams separate entities.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didier Blanquart

NOTE: If you don't wish to use you real name then sign the PETITION useing you forum handle. Them LHS girls need you support Thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is a petition the way to go? I have met with Dr. Baker in the past and he isn't too fond of them.

I understand that everyone is doing all they can. Believe me, I am, too. I care about the girls soccer program and will fight until it's time for me to go to Winthrop, I'll even come home on the weekends to help raise money if we are allowed to fund the program. I just worry about pushing them (Dr. Baker and the board)and getting carried away so much that it causes them to not take us seriously.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are a true Capt and you care so much about you team,coach's soccer and so on.

Look at you US history look at IRAQ look at me/us,we believe in this program and we will do what we can to make it work With out costing District (2)one red Cent.

DR.Baker needs to listen to the tax payers,Parents and kids in District (2) One question I would love to ask him! is what was his pay cut! Mmmm I bet he will ask for a pay rise next year Mmmmm (TIME WILL TELL)

C
goal
goal
C
Money is a problem for all programs through out the state. Everyone wants more but want to pay less in taxes. Be careful when you talk about things that you truely don't follow. Assumptions will always make you look like an A@@. I understand your cause and I wish you good luck and hope you can work something out but state employees have not received a raise in 2 years and their insurance has gone up by 100 percent during that time. State employee are taking the cuts to help out the state and no one is asking for a raise. Every state agency in keeping at least a 15% vacancy rate to help out with the budget. But things are going to have to be cut. Including programs for children and the elderly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dr.Baker said if we rasie 3,000 we can have our team next year!!! yeah! GO US!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Valerie,
I'm sure that nothing is certain yet so lets just all hope for the best and not get our hopes up too much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daddy just got off the phone with Dr. Baker and he said that if we raise $5ooo by January of next year.....there WILL BE and LHS girls soccer team next year!!!! So, everybody, THANK MY DAD!!!! (and all of the other fathers who helped)

Pigtails!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah thats what I heard, too. The hardest thing that we have to work on is getting more players to come out and stick with it. The money shouldn't be too hard to come by if we plan early and start working on fund raising.

Thanks to all the parents, you all rock. [Big Grin]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, my mom is going to talk to Dr. Baker and if he approves, we're going to see if we can get a girl whos homeschool to take one class at Lakewood and have her play for us too. She loves the game and she wants to play!

Link Copied to Clipboard