Page 1 of 2 1 2
#42910 04/16/03 07:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Without a doubt, Ginny Wolfe is by far the BEST FORWARD in the STATE! She has set the school record for goals and she isn't that hard to look at! I LOVE GINNY WOLFE....shaboozie!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lpaf - They aren't listening!!
This could be an interesting topic if we could keep the twerps who can't seem to get a date off the board.
Obviously, we have our Lowcountry bias but I also saw Mauldin and they have a forward who can score at will. Think she is going to Clemson from GFC.

S
kick off
kick off
S
I would have to agree that Ginny Wolfe is by far the best forward in the state. She is awesome

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
swimmer... yes that's kelly shneider. she is incredible. best finisher i've seen since the girls from gfc usa. she is going to clemson and had many other options. her speed makes her an incredible fullback as well. she is also very unselfish and not only scores many goals, but has many assists and creates so many plays for her teams. there really isn't any competition this year.

L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
S1 & 18! --

Asking who is best forward in the state is a little like asking which ice cream flavor is the best. Opinions will vary. The best test of any player at any position is how they perform against the best competition. Mauldin hasn't played any team ranked higher than 11th since the Viking Cup. Kelly Schneider is a great player. She only generated one goal against West Ashley in last year's state championship loss (I'm pretty sure she got it.) I think you could make the case that Demetria (Meech) Gibbs is one of the best forwards in the state. She scored one of the two WA goals against Mauldin last year and scored two goals against Wando's defense earlier this year.

The idea of total goals as a badge of honor is a joke in HS soccer. Almost every region is made up of two or three really good teams, one mediocre team, and a cellar full of the rest. Scores of 10, 12, or 18 to O are not uncommon. SCSoccer.com's individual statistics give an illusion of importance of offensive production. They avoid the more important question of who makes something happen on the field.

lpaf

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ginny is the best forward in the state, but she is an evil person!!!!... She makes fun of retarded people.. especially that one in her drama class... you know the one that acts like Frankenstine and sings Frank Sinatra.. yea shes evil, but good at soccer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What club team does Ginny Wolfe play for?

I'd agree that just # of goals is a poor criteria. Assists is almost more important.
However, you still need someone who can create goals.

S
kick off
kick off
S
I think Ginny Wolfe plays for CFC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
im not exactly a mauldin fan but kelly schnieder could tear up any defender in south carolina. she is so fast and has incredible ball skill

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lpaf,
Didn't Kelly McGinty of Wando score both goals against WA in their first game this spring?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard