Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#43347 05/16/03 02:42 PM
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
I know the focus of the Palmetto soccer supporter is on "The Graveyard", but allow me to offer another subject. Let's say you were not an initial choice for North/South, yet by the grace of God you were allowed to participate via default. Provided you could time warp back to high school, what would you give up to have the opportunity to represent you geographical region and the high schools that unify to make it? While gathering at the local establishment yesterday evening, the winner of our round table discussions would have gone as far as to turn in his mother and her illegal obtaining of cable. Just curious as to your thoughts...oh and careful of the water in the Piedmont region. Apparently it has side effects including, but not limited to, impaired priorities. Example: "I'd like to, but I'm going to the beach for two weeks and don't want to miss a day of that." Sigh...

#43348 05/17/03 04:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you're referring to the north/south game, i was one of those people who had to turn down my invitation. eventually every senior we would have nominated was incapable of going to this. it was a big disappointment to me, knowing that previous seniors on my teams had loved taking part in this occasion and was something i was really looking forward to. I also have other obligations that i have to tend to that week that don't involve first week at the beach which i'm sure you're talking about and is not the reason why 2 other players on my team won't be represented either. Should it be considered to be moved by chance, because it seems like a vast number of players are being affected and of course the first week of summer people are destined to have plans that cannot be changed. It is a terrible way to end your senior career not even getting recognized for something like that when you feel finally you're getting something for the work you've done

#43349 05/17/03 04:31 AM
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Ah, some insight from the other side. Very well put. Kids will be kids and have their priorities. Like "The Matrix" says, the problem with our society is all these lovely choices. Livin' la vida malo...

Link Copied to Clipboard