Print Thread
Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The State Paper printed the rosters on gameday and WA did have 8th graders listed.. If middle schoolers did dressout (even if the did not play) the school would be in violation of the rules as proven by the CA Johnson fiasco during Basketball season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's all stop posting things that we aren't sure of. Two rosters were submitted, one to the refs and one to the announcers. The one given to the refs did not have the 8th graders on it and the other roster did, but clearly listed them at the end and listed that they were in the eighth grade. This whole thing is just some mauldin fan who can't accept the loss.... do you think that if given the trophy, mauldin would really appreciate it?

B
goal
goal
B
I'm not involved in this topic.However, I do wonder why would West Ashley list an 8th grader on a Varsity roster if 8th graders are totally inelgible to play varsity soccer? Why even list them on ANY varsity roster,even one not given to the officials. Makes no sense to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually, shaiyza, i heard about ineligible players before the game started, so it wasn't the loss that sparked the rumor.

D
corner kick
corner kick
D
Once again no ineligible players were used, as stated on the local news here the players in question had on jv jerseys and had no chance of playing. Let thr High School League do their job and everyone will find out that West Ashley won the State Championship on the field of play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not about what jerseys they were wearing or how much of a chance they had of playing or what color their hair was. It's about them being on the roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just heard on the news that West Ashley will have to forfeit the last 2 games but no further explanation. Anyone know for sure what the reason is?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's what was on the WSPA website:
What I don't understand is how West Ashley could have had 8th graders on the roster and had them dressed. This is a well known rule..

West Ashley Forced For Forfeit Soccer Title

Pete Yanity
News Channel 7 Sports
Saturday, May 24, 2003

The South Carolina High School League has ordered West Ashley high school to forfeit its 4A Girls State Soccer Championship because two eighth-graders were dressed in uniform on the sideline. SCHSL rules state that eighth-graders are not allowed to be dressed for football, wrestling, or soccer because they're considered contact sports. West Ashley defeated Mauldin in over time May 16th and the two eighth-graders did not play in the game. The school will appeal the penalty and its forfeiture doesn't necessarily mean that the league will award Mauldin the championship instead.

Brace
Brace
As the old SCHSL motto states:

"An athlete is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules..." [Big Grin]

If this is true though, why is it not in The State paper?

A
Goal
Goal
A
Is Drew a fine person and fine coach-absolutely.Should he have known the rule-I guess.Would he have dressed the girls had he known-absolutely not.Do I feel like I live in a Nazi state with some of these ridiculous rules-no question.

Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard