Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
The reason for the rules' existence is irrelevant. It is for the High School League alone to decide if the rule is achieving its objective.
The rule was broken and the punishment was applied. When one starts using "discretion" then one can get into endless arguments about the merits of this case or that case. Treat everyone the same and there can be no suggestions of favoritism if "discretion" benefits one program and then not another.
Applying the rule evenly across the board makes future decisions easier and unchallengeable.

L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
"The reason for the rule's existence is irrelevant" ???

lpaf

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ddad...Thanks for the updated info that you supplied in your recent post concerning the penalties for using an ineligible player. Contrary to other references, I did not see this info in Kevin's post at 6:15pm yesterday. It always helps to have as much information as possible.

Bazza...I find it disturbing that someone would be against the idea of using discretion when making a decision. The idea that using discretion forces people to consider "the merits of this case or that case" is precisely the reason it should be used. Making "future decisions easier and unchallengeable" is hardly a motive for coming to a just decision.

The complexity of individualism and circumstances unique to each person or situation prevent us from realistically treating everyone in every situation EQUALLY...we should therefore focus our energies on the more honorable and just goal of treating everyone FAIRLY.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know when the appeal meeting will take place and will the results be posted on this website?

Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tefs12 brings up a point that I don't think anyone has really spoken to. Given that there was never any intention of these girls playing in the game, I wonder why they were even on the bench. Maybe all the wisdom out there can enlighten me on this. I'm afraid the answer might be so that the two could gain the experience of dealing with the pressures and excitement of the state championship soccer game. If that's the case, the advantage this may present to West Ashley in the future has to be considered when deciding the penalty and I tend to think that the forfeit of the games is appropriate. Assuming all other schools keep 8th graders off their benches, then West Ashley potentially has players with additional championship game experience over the next 4 years that no other school had an opportunity to match.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets have a "REMATCH" and all the proceeds/gate money/fines go towards (The Children Cancer Foundation)
As a HS/Classic Lady's Head Coach I wouldn't accept the championship trophy (if we lost to a better Team) And I wouldn't accept the Championship trohpy if I broke the rules of the game period.So fine the WA H/Coach $1000 WA Ast Coach $200 WA AD $500 and the school $100.And lets have a "REMATCH" becauce 18 young lady's on both sides will have to bare the bitter scars/pain for a long long time.To end the pain the suffering and all the BS is to have a "REMATCH"

L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
Sweeps --

This is the magical jersy argument. I've been waiting to explore this when the opening arose. Since the 8th graders did not actually play but would have been clearly legal on the sidelines if they had been dressed in street clothes any illegal advantage they could provide to West Ashley arose from the fact they wore JV jersies. Thus the "magical jersy" theory.

lpaf

World Cup
World Cup
High School League to Hear West Ashley Appeal Monday
Philip Bowman, The Post-Courier (Charleston)

goal kick
goal kick
It comes down to intent and/or deception. I don't see any. Let the game stand as it was played on the field.

World Cup
World Cup
West Ashley May Forfeit Title
Adam Davis, The News (Greenville)

Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard