Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#43598 07/28/03 10:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i was just wondering how school teams are looking for next year so if you have any idea on how many returning players you have or have some idea of how your team will do this year please respond. i would love to hear how school think they are going to do

Magic7 [Smile] [Smile]

#43599 07/29/03 04:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SUMTER HIGH (SHS) will have a good year in 2004.
(12)players from SHS Varsity lady's are playing Classic in Fall on the Sumter United U18.

#43600 07/29/03 08:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that West Florence girls are going to be back at the State Championship again this next season. They only lost on senior.

#43601 07/31/03 03:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how RNE is going to be in 2004? Did they lose a lot? Any good players moving up?

#43602 08/12/03 07:19 PM
L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
James Island and West Ashley will bring forward to the 2004 season the same core players they had in 2003, barring any injuries during the club season. Both should be formidable teams. I know Wando is losing a couple of their starters but Kelly McGinty (top state scorer) remains and a number of their all state players will remain. Region 7 4-A should be great entertainment again this year.

lpaf

ps: Some will argue that West Ashley (4-A State Champs 2002 and 2003) should be the odds on favorite to win the region. Such logic fails to take into account the psychological trauma the WA players and coaching staff suffered in their post season struggle with the SC High School League to have their title re-instated after the "8th graders on the bench fiasco". Many of the girls have signs of post traumatic soccer regulation disorder (PTSRD) and may have a hard time in the coming HS season. Time will tell, but for the present I think Wando, again, is team to beat in the low country.

#43603 08/13/03 06:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
See, there you go again trying to play WA as the underdog. I think that time is up, my friend. B2B Champs don't qualify for sympathy.

#43604 08/13/03 10:19 PM
L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
chs --

Just doing the best I can with what I got. Region 7 4-A is really a dead heat with three excellent contenders, any one of which can win or lose against the others on any given day.

lpaf

#43605 08/13/03 11:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LPAF!
What are you smoking over there in good old WA?
The Wildcats will be favored to win all their games before the 1st 5 minutes is played. They by far have the best talent in the state . Combine that with the award winning coaching staff, the BEST parents on the East Coast, and the confidence that comes from knowing they should win every game and I do not give anyone much chance of even stepping on the field with them.
James Island is opbviously the 2nd best team in state.
Poor Wando - I do not know how they are going to cope.

#43606 08/14/03 10:34 PM
L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
S1 --

I had a feeling you'd weigh in on this one. Although WA will certainly be ranked first leading up to the preseason tournaments, the team has tended in the last two years to get off to a bit of a slow start. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them settle into the regular season games again in a solid top 5 position, but not at the top of the heap. I stand by my comments that the best girl's soccer in the state is in Charleston county. Should be a lot of fun to watch again next year.

I appreciate your kind words about the WA parents. With East Cooper as our shining example of what modern life can (and should) be we have made much progress toward our own betterment in the last few months. Indoor plumbing has begun making inroads into a number of our homes. We have learned that water out of the spigot can be a health hazard and begun buying it in small bottles. (Outhouse Springs - available only at Piggly Wiggly - is more popular here than those fizzy French waters, though.) And finally a few foreign cars are begining to sell on the motor mile -- mostly used VW Rabbits and Hundai's. Give us another couple of years and I think we'll be ready to build our own Town Center...

LPAF

#43607 08/15/03 01:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again if my neice at Wando is any example, they all pray every night to the soccer gods to please let them be half as good as the West Ashley elite.

I hear April Hendricks is regularly on the phone w/ Drew and Andy asking for their advice on how to prepare the USA team for World Cup play. Also April wants to borrow the Fusion to teach Mia and company how to play the game.

The SCHSL should just go ahead and engrave the 2004 trophy now. Save everyone the pain and humilation of having to play the Mighty Wildcats.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard