Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#43628 03/01/04 02:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I also saw ODP play Clemson this past year.

There is no doubt in my mind that Laura is not an awesome player and better than I.

Nicely put Region 1 Coach. I have no rebuttle cause our team's season will speak for itself this year. [Smile]

#43629 03/02/04 02:10 AM
World Cup
World Cup
My dear, I shall remind you that my intentions are not to promote Laura above yourself. My apologies if that was the sound of my horn. Allow me tune it. I simply feel that a coach can only do so much with the talent he has. I contain the highest amount of respect for your coach. Simply put, the players must play. Forgive me if this stings, but the truth was evident in the loss to a weakened Mauldin squad. I feel you can defeat 80%-90% of the teams in the state. 95%-100% could be right around the corner. The players got to play. Good luck with the rest of the year.

#43630 03/02/04 04:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On a side note.. I had to sit the bench because of school issues during this Mauldin match. Oh it doesn't sting a bit because you personally I doubt was there to see our talented team play a team that has always been known to be good. Hmmmm.. maybe they just had a little more momenteum than us because of the name of MAULDIN that they carry. Talent is very evident with our team and sir/ma'am, you havn't seen us play i do doubt.

#43631 03/02/04 08:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrensoccer,
Greenwood brought no midfield to the scrimmage with y'all and their sweeper was not playing either. Beaudrot and Smith are both very strong midfielders and weren't able to participate due to conflicts with other sports and May (sweeper) who did not play last year due to knee surgery could not play due to a dance team conflict. Laura Armstrong is a fantastic player who will contribute a lot to the team ( She made a huge impact as a freshman and didn't play soph. and jr. years because GHS had an athletic dept. policy that prohibited players from participating in club and high school at the same time - GFC or high school in a rural area - no brainer on the choice!)but, one player doesn't make a team! Greenwood is going to be strong this year! It is a shame y'all don't play during the regular season!

#43632 03/03/04 12:23 AM
World Cup
World Cup
My point exactly. Greenwood will be tough this year. Region title?

#43633 03/03/04 02:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Region title may be tough. Mauldin does carry a certain mystique (not to mention considerable talent) that makes it hard to beat them, especially twice! Greenwood historically has been able to stay with the top teams for about a half and then fold after the first goal hits the back of their net or give up about four and then decide to get tough! If they are going to challenge, it better be now; a lot of their strength is going to walk across a stage in May!

#43634 03/03/04 03:32 PM
World Cup
World Cup
I've heard positive things about the new coach. I hope he can get things together and make that push to the next level. Any other word on the rest of the region? Any other scrimmages besides Wren?

#43635 03/03/04 04:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The new coach is going to be very good! He seems to be quite knowledgeable and very enthusiastic. He is facing the challenge of selling his program to a team that is not totally committed. Many participate in a variety of activities that take them away from practice and they and their parents get offended when they are asked to chose between a beach trip and soccer! Greenwood will continue to struggle to be a successful program long term until a stronger girls' youth soccer program evolves. ( If ever!) There is not enough competition to threaten these kids into playing year round or feeling a need to be at practice 100% of the time. Many are good athletes who play for fun and there is nothing wrong with that if that is your objective.

#43636 03/03/04 04:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach,

You're being too coy! What about Hanna this year? The scrimmage scores I have seen look impressive.

BTW--Greenwood scrimmage scores: 10-0 vs Laurens, 0-1 vs Wren, and 3-0 vs Boiling Springs with most players eligible.

I agree with soccerparent, Mauldin is Mauldin. The first four games agaist Emerald, Aiken, Dorman, and Spartanburg will tell us a lot about Greenwood's season.

#43637 03/03/04 04:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry, I rambled and forgot the other part of your question. From what I hear, Mauldin will be Mauldin, Hillcrest is unknown although they had a down year last year, Hanna and Greenwood usually vie for third ( 2nd this year? ) but, Hanna is possibly young and green ( which makes them dangerous too ), as for Easley and Westside, I understand that they struggle these days to find experienced players. Forgive me if I am wrong. I just observe from the stands! What about the new region alignment?

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard