Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Nice article by Philip Bowman of The Post and Courier on Michael Conway of Wando HS being honored as the Gatorade State Player of the Year.

Check out other articles regarding Palmetto State prep soccer at SCSOCCER.COM in the "premium content area"!!!

Wando's Conway Named State Player of Year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To be totally honest, I dont think this selection was very fair. How can a player like Michael Conway beat a player like Cooper from Ridgeview? I mean, he was on the national pool. It sounds to me like his father had something to do with it, since he has been one of the biggest names in South Carolina soccer for years. Michael is a decent player and all, but I know for a fact that there are many more players in this state that are better than him. Any other opinions?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to agree with you. While Michael is a good player I can name 6 just in the lowcountry that are better. The voting is only by coaches in the schsca so if your coach is not a memeber then you have no chance in being nominated. I don't think Michael's dad had anything to do with it. I think it was Coach Riley. The other voting coaches are coaches that have worked for Riley in the past. Kudos to Michael anyway!!!!

D
corner kick
corner kick
D
Iam still trying to figure out how a player of the year is selected before the season even starts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
very true dcut5....how is this player of the year chosen before the season is complete? seems like this would be a post season award...only makes sense ya know. in the college and pro ranks...the player of the year is in the post season...somebody please do some explain

Link Copied to Clipboard