Unregistered
A
Camden 4 Andrew Jackson 0

#4432 03/09/02 07:00 PM
J
world cup
world cup
J
What were the names of the guys that got red cards for Camden. I remember one dude had alot of hair..but I forgot his name and then I can't remember the other dude at all. And does anyone know who the AJ kid was that got a red card?

#4433 03/09/02 11:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I won't give you names. One was a forward, one was a midfielder. Neither deserved a red card. The refs were getting a little carried away...one of the refs said it was the most physical game he had ever seen. I'm not sure about all of that, just very intense. Many of the fouls didn't serve a purpose, and took away from the competitiveness of the game. After a while everybody was trying NOT to get carded, and didn't play as well. Soccer should be about avoiding bad calls the entire game. It takes away from the aggressive aspect of the game.

#4434 03/09/02 11:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the above post I meant soccer SHOULDN'T be about avoiding bad calls.

Yeah.

I'm stupid.

#4435 03/10/02 12:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw the Camden and AJ game. My impression was that the officials were trying to control the game from the start but never really were able to get the players to play under control. I wonder if the officials could have had better success if they had spent more time cautioning players 'privately'. Knowing that the referee is watching will make some players temper their aggression.

I thought that some of the fouls committed were pointless and hurt the players' teams. As an example, in the waning minutes of the game a player was red carded for running into the keeper, who clearly had possession of the ball. At that time in the game the outcome was clear and to commit that type foul only hurts the team in the games to come because the player is ineligible for at least one game. Also, it makes no sense to me that a player would think that berating the official after a foul has been called will in any way improve the situation.

#4436 03/10/02 04:36 AM
J
world cup
world cup
J
For real dude..i watched that game too. Talk about pointless fouls. How about when the Camden dude (the first one to get a red card) slid from behind that kid (on the sideline). That was pointless. The poor kid had glasses too. I don't agree with the red card the AJ kid got...I think he should have gotten a yellow card or warned. But not red. Because 5 minutes before that... a camden dude ran into the AJ goalie after he got the ball and all the ref did was warn him. I thought it was a horribly dirty game. Mainly by Camden but AJ was pushing and shoving too...but I think it was more in self defense cause those little guys were just getting pushed around. Poor kids...

#4437 03/10/02 05:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i attended the camden aj game too... it was the worst display of sportsmanship i believe ive ever seen. the refs didnt call anything and then when they finally did call something all they did was give cards.they would let things slide that should have been called as fouls, then when the play got dirtier they just carded people left and right... le-dude. the camden players that got red cards were jonathan wright... and grey (i dont know his last name) the red card givin to jonahtan was a good call in my oppinion... he was playing dirty the whole game while he was in there then he tackled that guy clearly from behind (after he already had a yellow if im not mistaken) the other two in my oppinion can be agrued with, but the one given to jonathan was well deserved.

#4438 03/10/02 05:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't you go cry about it?

#4439 03/10/02 12:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the score in the AJ/Camden boys match? Who won?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard