A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pinewoood 4
First Baptist 0

Mario Mareno 2G, Josh Pavlischek 1G, Tyler Hawes 1G. Matt Acetta with the shoutout.

Went by BE/Ben Lippen. Twenty-five minutes in BE was up 4-1. Mike Mock was the only ref that showed up, he was having to call the whole field. Sounds like the lowcountry assignor needs to be replaced.

#4421 03/09/02 02:33 AM
S
Goal
Goal
S
quote:
Originally posted by Paruthed:
Mike Mock was the only ref that showed up, he was having to call the whole field. Sounds like the lowcountry assignor needs to be replaced.

Parut,
I have absolutely no idea about the situation, but there is another possibility. Maybe the assignor did his job and the refs just didn't show up.

#4422 03/09/02 03:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Fort Dorchester/Goose Creek game had only one ref Friday night too... He called it early for an unapparent reason....

#4423 03/09/02 03:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Friday night Rock Hill defeated Clover 4-1. Would do you think about rock hill this season? rock hill plays at gaffney on monday night then plays rival northwesstern next friday. any thoughts on that matchup?

#4424 03/09/02 03:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
summerville 3 stratford 0.

#4425 03/09/02 03:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aiken 4 Lexington 0

#4426 03/09/02 03:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
White Knoll 10
Gilbert 0

I think Gilbert played so dirty I couldnt believe it. Watch out to anyone who plays them.

#4427 03/09/02 05:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Newberry 2 York 1 sloppy game on both sides.

#4428 03/09/02 12:54 PM
A
Goal
Goal
A
BOYS-B.E.7-Ben Lippen 1,Fort Dorchester 3-Goose Creek 0,James Island 7-Beaufort 0,Battery Creek 3-Berkeley 2(OT),Tuesday Score--Hilton Head 4-Goose Creek 0.--GIRLS--Summerville 3-Stratford 0,Fort Dorchester 4-Goose Creek 2,First Presbyterian 2-Ashley Hall 1,James Island 6-Beaufort 0

#4429 03/09/02 01:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Knowing the other two ref's that were assigned with Mike at the BE match; IF they had been told they WOULD have been there. Mike was also told that it was two JV games. He was not a happy camper when he got home!!!!!! Sorry, this is so unfair to the teams!!!!!! E-mail Roger Hazel in Cola @ the high school league with your concerns. SCSCOOCER has a link.

#4430 03/09/02 02:04 PM
J
goal kick
goal kick
J
Hilton Head 1 - West Ashley 0

#4431 03/09/02 06:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Camden 4 Andrew Jackson 0

#4432 03/09/02 07:00 PM
J
world cup
world cup
J
What were the names of the guys that got red cards for Camden. I remember one dude had alot of hair..but I forgot his name and then I can't remember the other dude at all. And does anyone know who the AJ kid was that got a red card?

#4433 03/09/02 11:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I won't give you names. One was a forward, one was a midfielder. Neither deserved a red card. The refs were getting a little carried away...one of the refs said it was the most physical game he had ever seen. I'm not sure about all of that, just very intense. Many of the fouls didn't serve a purpose, and took away from the competitiveness of the game. After a while everybody was trying NOT to get carded, and didn't play as well. Soccer should be about avoiding bad calls the entire game. It takes away from the aggressive aspect of the game.

#4434 03/09/02 11:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the above post I meant soccer SHOULDN'T be about avoiding bad calls.

Yeah.

I'm stupid.

#4435 03/10/02 12:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw the Camden and AJ game. My impression was that the officials were trying to control the game from the start but never really were able to get the players to play under control. I wonder if the officials could have had better success if they had spent more time cautioning players 'privately'. Knowing that the referee is watching will make some players temper their aggression.

I thought that some of the fouls committed were pointless and hurt the players' teams. As an example, in the waning minutes of the game a player was red carded for running into the keeper, who clearly had possession of the ball. At that time in the game the outcome was clear and to commit that type foul only hurts the team in the games to come because the player is ineligible for at least one game. Also, it makes no sense to me that a player would think that berating the official after a foul has been called will in any way improve the situation.

#4436 03/10/02 04:36 AM
J
world cup
world cup
J
For real dude..i watched that game too. Talk about pointless fouls. How about when the Camden dude (the first one to get a red card) slid from behind that kid (on the sideline). That was pointless. The poor kid had glasses too. I don't agree with the red card the AJ kid got...I think he should have gotten a yellow card or warned. But not red. Because 5 minutes before that... a camden dude ran into the AJ goalie after he got the ball and all the ref did was warn him. I thought it was a horribly dirty game. Mainly by Camden but AJ was pushing and shoving too...but I think it was more in self defense cause those little guys were just getting pushed around. Poor kids...

#4437 03/10/02 05:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i attended the camden aj game too... it was the worst display of sportsmanship i believe ive ever seen. the refs didnt call anything and then when they finally did call something all they did was give cards.they would let things slide that should have been called as fouls, then when the play got dirtier they just carded people left and right... le-dude. the camden players that got red cards were jonathan wright... and grey (i dont know his last name) the red card givin to jonahtan was a good call in my oppinion... he was playing dirty the whole game while he was in there then he tackled that guy clearly from behind (after he already had a yellow if im not mistaken) the other two in my oppinion can be agrued with, but the one given to jonathan was well deserved.

#4438 03/10/02 05:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't you go cry about it?

#4439 03/10/02 12:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the score in the AJ/Camden boys match? Who won?

#4440 03/10/02 03:09 PM
J
world cup
world cup
J
Dude we aren't crying about it. We're just talking about how dirty you guys are. Would you rather us talk about how you guys have no formation, no shape, no passing, no movement as a unit. Should we talk about how you guys don't drop, communicate, or switch? Which would you want us to talk about.

#4441 03/10/02 03:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The score was 4-0. In games like the one against AJ it is hard to keep formation and communication when you get mad. I will admit that we have never been a team to talk on the field. But we don't start playing physical until someone plays physical against us. I personaly can not run someone over unless they are pushing me around or talking trash. But it doesn't really matter, that game was over with two days ago i don't know why yall still have to talk about it.

#4442 03/10/02 04:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh, i was also very embaressed by both crowds, they only made the situation even worse. They were yelling at the refs the entire game. i was standing next to the ref most of the game and listening to what he was saying to himself and i could tell that he was getting very irritated. So maybe one thing that would help keep some teams under control and the refs calling fairly is to get the crowd under control because it really was bad.

#4443 03/11/02 05:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Instead of you talking about our playing, why don't you just not talk about it at all, since you all seem to be doing more whining than AJ and you didn't even play in the game.

#4444 03/11/02 05:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just shut up and worry about your own team. We won 4-0. That is all that we care about. I appreciate your coaching, but maybe your team needs it more than us seeing as they allowed AJ to score 2 goals.

#4445 03/10/02 06:31 PM
J
world cup
world cup
J
I didn't say we were perfect. One of their goals was a lagit shot. The kid went right through our D and had a nice shot. The other goal however was against ME. The starting FULLBACK. Your right we do need work but then again we did score 6 and we only got one card and it was yellow. If we win 6-2 and don't play dirty thats fine with me. And no one is whining...we beat them too. If you don't like my opinions be a big man and ignore them... Its the internet man...its not like i'm writing a letter to your mom.

#4446 03/10/02 08:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lets post scores on this thread and junk up some other one with all you people whining about the officiating. SCORES ONLY IN THIS THREAD!

#4447 03/11/02 03:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blackville-Hilda beat Hanahan 3-1. They played an excellent game and so did Hanahan.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard