Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#44325 04/14/04 03:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
...and now, I will "gave" you a treat for your commments.

Mal, whatever happened to that inspiring law that stated "All you have to do to beat Wando is take them to pk's. Everyone knows that!"

Still waiting on some clarification.

#44326 05/02/04 12:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cheers.

Just writing in heat of passion after tough loss, now I'm going to need to rationally clarify. JI's defense is no questions asked top of the line. Also, not allowing WA a goal all season is the type of predictable a team wants to be. Chelsea and Courtney are brick walls in the back. But no less, they are predictable. If, or rather, when Chelsea gets the ball from a striker guess where it is going........Lisa or Kelly. It obviously wins games and is a great strategy, but as soon as someone figures out how to stop it from happening they are out of luck. WA however hasn't found that yet, and they may be running out of time.

Oh, and the pks.......maybe I should have clarified, all WA has to do is take Wando to penalty kicks.

#44327 05/02/04 12:46 AM
L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
Malreelwack --

I fear you have gone too far in revealing the secrets of the JI defense... When the back line stops the other team's offense they pass the ball to their forwards. Now JI is done for in playoffs.

lpaf

ps: Go Lowcountry!!! And may the best team step on the field representing the lower state on May 15th and proceed to beat Mauldin for the third year in a row. Region 7 -- Home of the best high school girls soccer in the state.

#44328 05/02/04 09:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like the taste of foot in my mouth.

Its how they play, its simple, straight forward and to the point, but it wins games.....I was just trying to clarify the "predictable" statement.

I just have had the opportunity to be frustated by losing to JI. Every opportunity we had Chelsea stopped and played it to Lisa....every time. That is exellent....and really the object of the game, but it is still frustrating when it happens over and over again. We can see it coming, but there is nothing we seem to be able to do about it for now.

"Predictable" was my way of being a sore loser.

#44329 05/02/04 10:29 PM
L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
Malreelwack --

I like your style. WA has the talent. They just haven't pulled it out against JI this year. If these teams face each other again and both teams play to their potential we'll see the best game in girls' soccer in the state of SC. This should be recognized as a tribute to Andy Grist, coach of Carolina Girls' U-17 Fusion who has coached the core players of JI and WA for the last 4 years. Andy is a great coach and CGSA is a great club.

lpaf

#44330 05/03/04 01:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The last time I checked, JI had more than just two or three players. The team wins the game! Does WA only have two or three players? Let me guess - Danielle, Julie and Lechia. :-)

#44331 05/04/04 04:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mal, we all learned a lesson in humility and character from your post. You eat crow as well as anyone I know. Thanks for the clarification.

#44332 05/03/04 06:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WA has a talented team, specific players do tend to shine...but that is only because they can't hide their talent. I know that there will be an excellent match next Tuesday. As always in the Lowerstate it will be won by heart.

I'm all full of crow....so hopefully I'm done eating it for the season.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard