Print Thread
#44378 04/08/04 01:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are the witty commentaries? The insightful observations? How come the boy's forum is so much more active?

#44379 04/08/04 01:52 AM
C
goal
goal
C
I think a lot of people are getting shy about posting comments any more whether good or bad. I know everytime I post something good or bad for a team, parents start sitting further from me and make snide remarks about my comments. It seems you can not win these days. Funny thing is that I get more silent treatment and snide comments from my good posts. But I have yet to see those parents ever make a post.... Interesting... I am sure I will be in the dog house after this one... Oh Well...

#44380 04/08/04 02:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually, many districts are on Spring Break, so there is a slight lull in the action this week. Not in Lex/Rich 5 though, where the DF girls exacted their revenge on Irmo tonight by a score of 2-0. I was not at the game myself, as I am in another time zone on business, so I can't give a lot of detail. I can tell you that it was a hard fought game, with both teams having multiple opportunities. The last 3 minutes were very intense both ways, with DF scoring their 2nd goal very late in the game.

On a more subdued note, DF lost to RNE on Tuesday night, 5-4. I'm told that both teams have filed police reports, following the mysterious disappearance of their defenses. Perhaps DF was overlooking RNE, knowing that they were playing a grudge match against Irmo tonight. At any rate, I'm here to tell you that RNE is the real deal. Alex Mouton gave a solid DF backline all they could handle and more. 3 of RNE's 5 goals were 1 on 1 break-aways by this talented forward against a solid DF keeper. Another was on a free kick off of her foot from the 19. Never mind that the penalty call which setup that shot was called by the ref who was 70 yards away, when the 2nd ref was even with the play and silent. We're above questioning the integrity of the officiating....

With these results, RNE is now in the driver's seat for the Region 5-AAAA title. This from a team that was nowhere to be found in the rankings prior to this week. Congratulations on a great effort by RNE!

That's DF for you.... always trying to make other teams feel better about themselves. You gotta love that altruistic spirit!

Link Copied to Clipboard