Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bc defeated Dreher in the last 15 seconds on a goal by Junior Mallory Phillips. They won 4-3. Speaking of Refs, we have only had 2 refs all season unlike our more affluent coastal soccer buddies:)~ But one of the refs tried everything to help Dreher, calling a PK, and a direct kick that were both goals for Dreher. Christian Patton scored BC's first goal off a pass from Emily Logan Setzler and Emily Logan scored off a cross from Mallory. The third goal was scored by Mallory as well. Lots of scrapping with the #18's on both teams, but BC kept getting called on 50/50 balls. Mr. Cockfield did a good job, but his cohert needs another course on the rules.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
R1C is really looking for a donnybrook to break out, aren't you. Thought mine was relatively harmless and only a bow towards JI and their juggernaut.

World Cup
World Cup
Forgive me. I'm still waking up with cold sweats. I keep having these reoccuring nightmares about spring break and boards with one post per day. Allow me to compliment your Wando squad. Ahem, so, it seems like Wando might finish third in the region yet remain in the top 5. That's quite an accomplishment and says many positive things for the program and its difficult scheduling. They'll be the brightest dark horse for the state championship in recent years. Hope to see you in Columbia. Sigh, that was tough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
R1C,
My current strategy is to lob softballs out there and hope that WA and JI focus on each other and forget about Wando. It is our only hope.
Don't worry Coach, there are a couple of interesting topics looming over the horizon that will surely give you someting to salivate over.

S1.

L
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
L
S! --

Focus on the island the last few days has been mostly on the invaders from East of the Cooper. Rumor has it the JI Backyard may not be the friendliest place in the world for the Lady Warriors tonight. But enough speculation, lets go watch some soccer!

lpaf

L
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
L
Wando 3 at James Island 2 (OT)

I'll leave the game analysis to S1. McGinty scored two pretty Wando goals from around 30 yards out. More physical than the WA v Wando game on Tuesday with a more laissez-faire center ref. WA v JI (at West Ashley) on Tuesday will determine whether WA wins Region 7 outright or everybody gets some share of the pie with identical 2 loss records.

lpaf

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was looking all game for a raid from out of the blue based on your prediction of an unfriendly reception.
I enjoy going to see good soccer games like what we are getting out of Region 7. However, this was the first game where I found myself scratching my head over several of the calls.
James Island is very talented and great quickness. The Trojans pounced on an unfortunate defensive lapse deep in Wando's own 18 to take a quick 1-0 lead and sending the JI Home Crowd into a horn blowing frenzy. Not a minute later, McGinty did respond with a rocket from 30 yds.
Rest of first half was back and forth with no real advantage.
2nd half - with 20 to go the ref made a foul call on Wando's defense in the box. I thought his original call for a direct kick was correct. After injured Trojan was removed from field and Wando's wall set up ( I am talking of 5 minutes or more), the asst ref from line overruled the middle and awarded JI a PK.

Wando upped the pressure and with a little under 5 to go, Hudson scored off a beautiful header from a long direct kick.

Overtime was decided fairly early with Wando getting off another long shot. Remainder of overtimes was a lot of long balls from both teams
as JI was trying to press the attack and Wando was putting the ball long into JI's defensive end

Game was physical with 2 Wando girls and 3 JI girls getting taken off the field. I saw an air of determination from Wando tonight that should take them far into the playoffs - until they see JI or WA again.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard