Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea Spring Valley beat the Gamecocks but they played cheap! I heard they went after Jeff Taylor and Lionel Brovseit for the entire game. Whats wrong valley cant play soccer the right way. You were so cheap! I heard that yall gotta coming next time! I also heard that the refs sucked and so many people got cards (Refs, ya'll suck too). Congrats on the win, but still u should never try to intentially hurt any player, or intentially play cheaply!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jeff's jersey got ripped by this one guy...and the refs were gettin' real "card happy". I wish I could go to SV for the next match up. It's gonna be a game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Y'know, marking the offensive threat tight is one way the game is played. But playing them tight doesn't mean you're playing them cheap. I would think that playa would congratulate the Sumter players for a fine effort. Who knows what will happen when they come to the Valley.
I sorta wonder, tho? Why didn't Sumter come to shake hands with SV after the end of the game?
Give me a break! It's a game!
It wasn't a blowout. It was a competitive effort. Sumter can win the next one, maybe

J
world cup
world cup
J
I'm a sophomore so i've played I don't know maybe 24 high school matchs so far. And I've played all kinds of matchs. A few fairly uneventful matchs...and then a few near riots. And after every single one wether I was fouled and nothing was called or wether I was called unfairly for a penalty I didn't commit, I went to midfield and shook hands with the other team. I don't care what happens in the match..when the match is over its over. If you can't join the line and hold your head up and say "good game" thats not saying much about yourself and your team. Sorry but that just seems pretty "chumpish".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
L-E Dude I have to agree with you, man
You might "only" be a Sophomore, but you got the right idea about this stuff.
Anyway, the red card on Lionel might have been deserved, Aplaya. I thought it was, but I might be biased.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well i might play LR soccer but......DID ANYONE EXPECT A CLEAN GAME FROM EITHER SIDE????????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In other words, considering what's at stake and how good both teams are, did anyone actually think this would be more of a calm relaxed game?? (sarcasm)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!! I play for Sumter High and there are a few things i need to say. There was good reasoning behind not shaking hands with the players on Spring Valley after our match. In fear of a fight breaking out amongst the players, we decided to go to our side and cool down. It was not a decision of bad sportsmanship, but rather a good one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IT AMAZES ME TO HERE TEAMS COMMENT ABOUT HOW CHEAP ONE TEAM IS WHEN THAT TEAM IS SIMPLY DEFENDING THEMSELVES. SUMTER AHOULD HAVE RECIEVED THREE STRAIGHT RED CARDS. JEFF TURNED AND SLAPPED MATT DYER RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE HOMETOWN SUMTER OFFICIAL. THIS BLOW WAS SEEN BY EVERYONE AND HEARD 60 YARDS AWAY. ANOTHER PLAY INFRONT OF THE SAME REF OCCURED WHEN SEAWELL WAS ON THE GROUND AND ONE OF THE SUMTER PLAYERS KICKED HIM IN THE CHEST. THE SAME OFFICIAL IGNORED TWO CLEAR PKS. EVERY TIME SV PLAYED THE BALL AWAY THE SUMTER PLAYERS HIT THE SV PLAYER. SEVERAL TIMES THEY RAN INTO DANKO AFTER HE RECIEVED THE BALL. FOR THE SUMTER PLAYERS AND FANS CALLING SV CHEAP AND THE OFFICIALS BIAS YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING RIGHT. YOU WERE THE ONES THAT CHOSE TO PLAY DIRTY AND FINALLY MR HODGE HAD HAD ENOUGH. AS FOR NOT SHAKING HANDS THAT GOES BACK TO CLASS. THIS IS THE TYPE ITEMS THE HIGH SCHOOL LEAGUE NEEDS TO STOP.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sumter, yall gotta chill. yall know dyer and seawell and them wouldnt intentionally try to hurt yall. half of yall play club with some of the guys from SV. they were markin yall up tight like they have to. and yall know things can happen. and not shaking hands just shows no respect and is gonna make it harder for the rest of the state to take yall seriously.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard