Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know who is predicted to win the SCISA AAA title this year? I know Cardinal Newman has the experience, but Saint Joe's seems like the toughest team mentally and physically. What about lower state? Is Hilton Head Christian still the favorite? And who will be the dark horse, if there is any? [Confused]

goal kick
goal kick
Hilton Head Christian is the favorite. They are for real. They are well coached, skilled, and physical. Hilton Head Prep is a solid second in lower state. The second match between these two should be interesting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about Ben Lippen Girls!!!>?????? [Eek!] [Roll Eyes] [Wink] [Big Grin] [Confused] [Cool] [Smile]

goal kick
goal kick
I was speaking about lower state only. I have not seen any of the girls teams outside the lower state.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Joshua~
I obviously play keeper for Ben Lippen girls, and though I hope we will go far in the playoffs, we are only a long shot and a 4th seed. But hey, you never know, right? Things are starting to click out there. I just want to know who are the teams that are supposed to win. [Smile] [Embarrassed] [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz] [Cool] [Roll Eyes] [Confused]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cardinal Newman is having an off year. The defense seems pretty good but they are having trouble scoring. That is until last night when they beat arch-rivals Hammond 5-1 in a very strong win. Could it be that they are peaking at the right time of the season?!?

After soundly winning the state championship last year against St. Joe's, CN didn't take them seriously enough and had two losses against them this season. St. Joe's is a stronger team this year so they will be somewhere in the mix. Both the Hilton Head teams are good too so it should be a good playoff this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
momofcn#18~
I don't think cn is having an off year, b/c they still beat us soundly, and this was supposed to be the best year for Ben Lippen. I just think that this is a growing year for many teams, like cn. St. Joe's has an experienced team this year and a great leader in #3, Nicole. Both Hilton Head teams are very good also. Ben Lippen and HH are playing for the #4 seed this Friday. It should be an tough game. Ben Lippen played the worst game of the season against them last night, so hopefully, we can step it up a notch and take our place back. We'll see. Good luck to all the teams in the playoffs!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The second match between Hilton Head Christian and Prep shouldn't be close they are big rivals and Christian are out to beat them bad! I predict it is gonna be a good play off year but I feel that St. Joe's and Hilton Head Christian will be in the finals. Not sure who will win but I know Hilton Heads fired up from them beating them last year and are determind to win no matter what it takes they'll play their hearts out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HH Christian is a great team, they are well coached and very skilled. I predict that St. Joseph's and HHC will be in the finals. I have seen both teams play and they both play very physical. Good luck to all the teams!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hilton Head Christian beat Cardinal Newman 2-0 last night in Hilton Head. Both teams played a great game with CN starting a little slow (as they usually do). HHC's excellent fitness and speed helped along with a bad call by the center ref that changed a direct kick into an indirect one. (Why can't refs call the foul IN THE BOX when it happens IN THE BOX?!?)

CN held their heads high and fought to the end. Senior mid-fielder Kelly Giese wasn't cleared to play (concussion from an earlier game this week)and senior defender Jenny Treadway was also out for most of the game with a chronic ankle injury. Younger players (like defender Anna Giomi) stepped up to help but it wasn't enough. Considering their win-loss record for the regular season, CN made it as far as they could this year. But watch out next year!!! Those younger players will gain much more experience and skill and will be "a force to be reckoned with."

Some of the CN players will be at the championship game tomorrow to cheer on HHC and St. Joseph's (mostly cheering for HHC!). Good luck to all the teams!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard