World Cup
World Cup
No grease on the couch!

#44775 05/07/04 02:00 PM
T
goal kick
goal kick
T
I shouldn't have made my first post such a negative one but I couldn't stand by and continue to read elf's attacks on lex and the program that they are trying to establish. I should have avoided the cheap shot, because I know many players and parents that hope the cheerleader won't hang up her cleats for good. sorry.

GOOD JOB LEXINGTON!! great season and a quality showing in the play-offs. I look forward to being a true fan for years to come.

#44776 05/07/04 05:46 PM
R
throw in
throw in
R
i agree w/ u Dcut. about the WA and Irmo game: the Irmo girls came out strong and gave WA a decent show in their defensive third, but as usual WA came through with a very impressive goal. Congratulations to Irmo on a well played game. The quaterfinals should be an interesting one for the lower state!

#44777 05/07/04 06:56 PM
D
corner kick
corner kick
D
WOW! Ol' deahler has to go out of town on some business (gotta support the family), and all @#&^%*^)@#% breaks loose.

First of all the Lexington game against Spartanburg was decided by the girls on the field, not the ref's. Spartanburg had the better team. Did the ref's call against the Lex keeper affect the final score? YES! As did the fact that Spartanburg's coach elected to leave his starters on the field all the way to the bitter end, well after Lexington's coach emptied his bench. Whatever, 1-0, 4-0, a loss is a loss, especially in the playoffs. For those who weren't there, don't let the score be reflective of Lex's "D". They were outstanding! Especially when you consider they played a player down for most of the game, and only allowed one goal during that time, against a very high-scoring team.

As for the call on the 'keeper, it was definitely a penalty! Did it deserve a "red card"? Not my call! I make more money in an hour than those three guys combined made for their 90 minutes of "work". So, it would probably be unfair to critcize too much [Wink] Lest anyone think that those last comments were made as snide remarks, that wasn't the intention. The point was, ask yourself, how consistently perfect you perform on your job. Although I do have to admit, it stings a whole lot more when they call it on your daughter [Frown]

In reference to the rest of the comments, try to keep it all in perspective [Big Grin] Be more like me: calm, cool, collected [Cool] OK, OK, my wife has signed me up for anger management courses this summer! Spartanburg fans and players (a nice group of folks, by the way), please disregard the man in the corner with the red face. You'll be much better off if you talk to him the day after the game. Especially when his team loses (he's a poor sport)! Did I mention my wife had signed me up for anger management counseling this summer?

A couple more things, then I will go. Why is it that posts about Lexington on this board, seem to draw so much activity????? And, count me among those that would like to see a certain young lady turn in her white shoes and bobby socks for shin guards and cleats.

You guys enjoy the popcorn, I'm having a beer for this one!!

#44778 05/07/04 07:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Deahler,

You and your family are a "Classic Act". I think this year proves that all us in the "Lexington" family might need "Anger Management" classes. My daughter loves having your daughter directly behind her. [Smile]
I'm truly excited about the next several years of Lexington Soccer.
Thank you Girls and Coaches for a Fantastic Year!!! [Big Grin]

#44779 05/07/04 08:08 PM
World Cup
World Cup
A little crowded here on the couch. Deahler, slide the cooler in here, use a coaster for that beer, and get your feet off my coffee table!

Truefan, now that you're a babyface you can join the party...but you gotta pick up the pizza.

Now that Lexington is out there aren't a whole lot of supporters for the teams left on the boards. Just those Charleton guys and the occasional South Aiken fan. What are we to do? Not only that, after a week this website will be a ghost town unless someone (do it one more time Drew!!!) creates a contreversy like the year before. I say everyone picks a team and treats them as their own till the end of the round, picking a new loyalty if we are ousted. Ok, being from the Upstate I'll...choose...Mauldin! Teee Heeee Heeee!!! If history is kind, I can run my fingers until the last game-then disappear from your computers for another 8 months in a shroud of anger!

#44780 05/07/04 08:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hint: You are a good prognosticator. Talk to you next week!

#44781 05/07/04 08:51 PM
D
corner kick
corner kick
D
In spite of the barbs from ExLexFan, I'm gonna hang with South Aiken. I've already gone on record with them, so I can't switch horses now! Plus, I like their coach (almost as much as that Hanna guy), and they are a fellow Region 4 team.

GO THOROUGHBREDS, KICK SOME MAVERICK BOOTY!!!!!

R1C, how can you root for this team? The following definition is from their website:

What is a Maverick?

adjective : independent in behavior or thought;
"she led a somewhat irregular private life"; "maverick politicians"
[syn: irregular, unorthodox]

noun 1: someone who exhibits great independence in thought and action
[syn: rebel]

noun 2: unbranded range animal especially a stray calf

Nowhere in there does it say anything about a Longhorn steer, which is their symbol! For those of you that have no familiarity with cattle, there is a difference between a calf (as described in the definition), and a Longhorn steer. Because this is a public forum, let's just say that the steer is a male that will never be able to have a family.

#44782 05/07/04 09:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Deahler - I like your call! We appreciate the support.

R1C - Don't leave me hangin!

#44783 05/07/04 11:51 PM
LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
You guys got me all wrong. I have nothing against SA at all. R1C actually started it all when he picked them to win Region 4 and made that comment he was picking them because they had no competition. My first and only time I saw SA play they were ranked either # 4 or # 6 in the state, and I just thought that they were good but looking at who they played I questioned if they deserved such a high ranking. I guess I was wrong. I like dealher's pick. It's a good one and I hope SA wins. I really do. That just means that region 4 wasn't as bad as I thought they were. At least not SA. Oh well since both the boys and girls from Lexington are done I will just be reading the board for now on. Let me say in closing my comments in regards to Lexington this past season were NEVER directed towards any of the players. I know almost all of those girls and they are all great kids. They have such a great future ahead of them if they all stay together, and next years class has more great young talent coming.
Good luck SA....hope you girls win....really

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard