#44744 05/06/04 01:04 AM
D
dcut5 Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
D
West Ashley 1 Irmo 0 in overtime
James Island 2 Hilton Head 1 and i belive Wando won 4-0.

#44745 05/06/04 04:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Wando really beat RNE 4-0? I thought RNE was supposed to be really good?

#44746 05/06/04 05:12 AM
LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Hmmmm... those region 7 teams just keep on winning. Anyone know how Lexington and SA did??

#44747 05/06/04 05:15 AM
LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Never mind.. I just saw that SA won 2-1 in OT and Lexington lost 4-0 (OUCH... dealher - what happened??). A good job by SA though. Also a 1-0 win by West Ashley over Irmo. That's a pretty good showing by Irmo against a quality team.

#44748 05/06/04 11:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wando, Spartanburg, and Fort Mill are looking particularly scary right now. I love playoffs!

#44749 05/06/04 12:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ninety Six lost a 3-4 heartbreaker to Woodruff last night. Poor officiating and a lack of competitive play showed, but we left it all on the field. Good luck to Woodruff they have got a few studs up top that could be a real threat to any team.

#44750 05/06/04 12:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mauldin-5 SV-0

Yeppers, the Mavs got their evens - in Spades! They pretty much dominated play in a way they did not a week ago. As I said previously, the Mavs are a sophisticated and mature team. They will be tough if not impossible to beat in the upstate. I haven't seen the big three play, but one of them will have to do a best game to beat Mauldin.

The Sptnbrg Ft Mill game tomorrow will be superb! I'll take Ft. Mill but it seems to me to be pretty much of a toss-up. I'll take Mauldin over SAiken. BTW who has home-field in that one?

SA, if you have to go to Mauldin, don't be late arriving. They will cut you no breaks. The SV bus was trapped in a traffic jam on I-26 for 45 minutes or so yesterday afternoon, and did not arrive at Mauldin until about a quarter til gametime. By the time the girls get off the bus and went to the head they had less than ten minutes to warm up and the Mauldin coaches insisted that the game start on time. Would they have called the game a forfeit if the bus had rolled in after six? Nyet kulturnyy, probably yankees.

#44751 05/06/04 01:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to Riverside. Daniel was way overmatched, but Riverside showed excellent class by just playing soccer...continued luck!
Daniel girls...incredible improvement over the year, we enjoyed seeing you play and improve, can't wait for next year already, a bunch will be back...Nice goal Jack!!

Bob

#44752 05/06/04 02:13 PM
World Cup
World Cup
Mauldin vs. SA
Spartanburg vs. Fort Mill

What's the Lower state match ups?

#44753 05/06/04 02:20 PM
S
Goal
Goal
S
quote:
Originally posted by Region 1 Coach:
Mauldin vs. SA
Spartanburg vs. Fort Mill

What's the Lower state match ups?

Friday:

Wando vs. James Island (who's the host?)
Summerville @ West Ashley

#44754 05/06/04 02:41 PM
L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
SW --

Isn't the JI v Wando game at Wando based on their higher seeding in Region 7?

lpaf

#44755 05/06/04 03:28 PM
S
Goal
Goal
S
That makes sense. It didn't say in the paper so I went to the League website at http://www.schsl.org/2003%20Brackets/gso%20aaaa.htm and they had a big "H" next to the slot for James Island, so I assumed that H meant Home. I've since gone back and edited my post and put a question mark.

#44756 05/06/04 03:38 PM
L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
SW --

I think the region seeding takes precedence, but if two teams with the same seed (two #1's or #2's, etc.) play each other the "H" in the bracket decides who hosts the game. That's my take on it, but I do know first hand that there is some confusion on this, so don't take my word for it. JI actually played Wando better at Wando, and beat them at Wando last year in this same semifinal game to eliminate the Lady Warriors from the playoffs. I don't think the home field advantage here is that great. Go Trojans!!!

lpaf

#44757 05/06/04 03:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In today's Post and Courier, it states under Wando's box score that the next game is James Island at Wando. Under the James Island box score, it states Wando at James Island. It really doesn't matter where they play. At least JI doesn't have to travel over two hours to get there. :-) May the best team win. Go Trojans!!!

#44758 05/07/04 04:47 AM
D
dcut5 Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
D
R1C

Lower State matchups

Summerville @ West Ashley

James Island @ Wand0

Should be two great games West Ashley beat Summerville twice and Wando beat James Island twice as shown last season it is hard to beat a team three times, my prediction James Island will face West Ashley for the Lower State Championship

#44759 05/07/04 04:56 AM
L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
dcut --

I'm with you on this. Do you know if Friday's games will be played on Friday this week, and should I show up an hour early like on Tuesday (or was it Monday...)? See you there.

lpaf

#44760 05/06/04 05:36 PM
D
dcut5 Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
D
Iam thinking its this Friday at 4:30pm if you want to get a good seat.

#44761 05/06/04 05:55 PM
L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
Thanks for the tip. But my experience is that 5:30 is plenty early enough for good seating.

lpaf

#44762 05/06/04 06:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It looks like the JI v Wando game may be held at Wando. On http://www.schsl.org/2003%20Brackets/gso%20aaaa.htm they've changed the "H" to Wando's side of the bracket. So much for our interpretation of the note at the bottom of the chart.

#44763 05/06/04 08:55 PM
T
goal kick
goal kick
T
Elf or Exlexfax, to answer you question "what happened to Lexington"? They were down to Spartenburg 1-0 with a min. to play before the half when the very excited ref. issued a pk and a red card to their super star freshman keeper. That is what happened to Lex. By the way did your daughter make the varsity cheerleading team. I heard she had quit soccer to further her cheerleading.

#44764 05/06/04 09:55 PM
World Cup
World Cup
Hey you! Play nice!

#44765 05/06/04 10:11 PM
L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
R1C --

I picked up on some ugly undertones reading between the lines, too. I wondered if it was just me.

lpaf

ps: I feel terribly guilty about that whole acronym thing too. (This from a guy whose screen name is both unpronouncible and derived from a somewhat effete language.)

#44766 05/06/04 10:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Barnwell over Hampton 4-1 on Wednesday night.

#44767 05/06/04 11:35 PM
S
coach
coach
S
>> ...Lexington... <<

Congratulations to Lexington on going much further than almost anyone anticipated with such a relatively inexperienced team. I'm really looking forward to the next few years and seeing what this team can do with more playing time under its collective belt.

>> [lpaf] ...somewhat effete language...<<

Someone told me that the terrorism threat level in France was recently elevated from "run" to "hide". [Smile] [Sorry, had to take the open shot!]

#44768 05/07/04 01:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, I too would like to congratulate Lexington. Next to Collenton County, they had to have had the most difficult opening round game. It obviously left them very tired and emotionaly exhausted for their 2nd round match for surely they would have prevailed in that contest had it not been for the cursed lady jackets.

#44769 05/07/04 08:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TrueFan is just another prime example in my opinion of what the Lexington Soccer Programs are turning into. I'm guessing your not the biblebelt two-faced Lexington girls coach, but rather another jealous envious whitetrash parent. (With a few exceptions of course! One of which I have to say go BoilerMakers!) Just because someone is more talented in two sports than most people are at one is no reason to take such a gutless, classless, cheap shot about a high school girl. And if Lexington is going to be a contender in the future, they have a lot of work to do, including a coaching change.

#44770 05/07/04 12:04 PM
World Cup
World Cup
Enriqua, first tell me about the name. Second, I'm a little hasty to accept your flattery. I hope it is genuine.

#44771 05/07/04 12:10 PM
World Cup
World Cup
TrueFan and 3rdRound,

You two obviously know each other and the now infamous exlexfan. Being that this is both of your first post, I can only hypothesize that either you are new to the board ooooooor someone made someone else mad and they signed up and got new login names so as to bring no disgrace to the already established internet personality. Either way, Mark, Lapf, Deahler, and myself are sitting on the couch with popcorn in hand waiting for the next post.

R1C

#44772 05/07/04 12:15 PM
World Cup
World Cup
Oh, and didn't Lexington and this coach make it to the 2nd round this year, and the upperstate championship last year losing only to then undefeated Mauldin? Not to mention that you keep talking about the daughter and the cheerleading issue, but very few (myself included) know the story. You'll need to either PM to keep "Jane's" name and story off the board or fill everyone in.

#44773 05/07/04 12:47 PM
LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
lpaf - I kind of liked the way acronym thing turned out. That was funny no offense taken.

Truefan - no comment, you showed what you're all about.

3rdround - I couldn't have said it better myself. You're 100% correct in everything you stated. Thanks...

R1C - pass the popcorn....

#44774 05/07/04 01:01 PM
World Cup
World Cup
No grease on the couch!

#44775 05/07/04 02:00 PM
T
goal kick
goal kick
T
I shouldn't have made my first post such a negative one but I couldn't stand by and continue to read elf's attacks on lex and the program that they are trying to establish. I should have avoided the cheap shot, because I know many players and parents that hope the cheerleader won't hang up her cleats for good. sorry.

GOOD JOB LEXINGTON!! great season and a quality showing in the play-offs. I look forward to being a true fan for years to come.

#44776 05/07/04 05:46 PM
R
throw in
throw in
R
i agree w/ u Dcut. about the WA and Irmo game: the Irmo girls came out strong and gave WA a decent show in their defensive third, but as usual WA came through with a very impressive goal. Congratulations to Irmo on a well played game. The quaterfinals should be an interesting one for the lower state!

#44777 05/07/04 06:56 PM
D
corner kick
corner kick
D
WOW! Ol' deahler has to go out of town on some business (gotta support the family), and all @#&^%*^)@#% breaks loose.

First of all the Lexington game against Spartanburg was decided by the girls on the field, not the ref's. Spartanburg had the better team. Did the ref's call against the Lex keeper affect the final score? YES! As did the fact that Spartanburg's coach elected to leave his starters on the field all the way to the bitter end, well after Lexington's coach emptied his bench. Whatever, 1-0, 4-0, a loss is a loss, especially in the playoffs. For those who weren't there, don't let the score be reflective of Lex's "D". They were outstanding! Especially when you consider they played a player down for most of the game, and only allowed one goal during that time, against a very high-scoring team.

As for the call on the 'keeper, it was definitely a penalty! Did it deserve a "red card"? Not my call! I make more money in an hour than those three guys combined made for their 90 minutes of "work". So, it would probably be unfair to critcize too much [Wink] Lest anyone think that those last comments were made as snide remarks, that wasn't the intention. The point was, ask yourself, how consistently perfect you perform on your job. Although I do have to admit, it stings a whole lot more when they call it on your daughter [Frown]

In reference to the rest of the comments, try to keep it all in perspective [Big Grin] Be more like me: calm, cool, collected [Cool] OK, OK, my wife has signed me up for anger management courses this summer! Spartanburg fans and players (a nice group of folks, by the way), please disregard the man in the corner with the red face. You'll be much better off if you talk to him the day after the game. Especially when his team loses (he's a poor sport)! Did I mention my wife had signed me up for anger management counseling this summer?

A couple more things, then I will go. Why is it that posts about Lexington on this board, seem to draw so much activity????? And, count me among those that would like to see a certain young lady turn in her white shoes and bobby socks for shin guards and cleats.

You guys enjoy the popcorn, I'm having a beer for this one!!

#44778 05/07/04 07:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Deahler,

You and your family are a "Classic Act". I think this year proves that all us in the "Lexington" family might need "Anger Management" classes. My daughter loves having your daughter directly behind her. [Smile]
I'm truly excited about the next several years of Lexington Soccer.
Thank you Girls and Coaches for a Fantastic Year!!! [Big Grin]

#44779 05/07/04 08:08 PM
World Cup
World Cup
A little crowded here on the couch. Deahler, slide the cooler in here, use a coaster for that beer, and get your feet off my coffee table!

Truefan, now that you're a babyface you can join the party...but you gotta pick up the pizza.

Now that Lexington is out there aren't a whole lot of supporters for the teams left on the boards. Just those Charleton guys and the occasional South Aiken fan. What are we to do? Not only that, after a week this website will be a ghost town unless someone (do it one more time Drew!!!) creates a contreversy like the year before. I say everyone picks a team and treats them as their own till the end of the round, picking a new loyalty if we are ousted. Ok, being from the Upstate I'll...choose...Mauldin! Teee Heeee Heeee!!! If history is kind, I can run my fingers until the last game-then disappear from your computers for another 8 months in a shroud of anger!

#44780 05/07/04 08:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hint: You are a good prognosticator. Talk to you next week!

#44781 05/07/04 08:51 PM
D
corner kick
corner kick
D
In spite of the barbs from ExLexFan, I'm gonna hang with South Aiken. I've already gone on record with them, so I can't switch horses now! Plus, I like their coach (almost as much as that Hanna guy), and they are a fellow Region 4 team.

GO THOROUGHBREDS, KICK SOME MAVERICK BOOTY!!!!!

R1C, how can you root for this team? The following definition is from their website:

What is a Maverick?

adjective : independent in behavior or thought;
"she led a somewhat irregular private life"; "maverick politicians"
[syn: irregular, unorthodox]

noun 1: someone who exhibits great independence in thought and action
[syn: rebel]

noun 2: unbranded range animal especially a stray calf

Nowhere in there does it say anything about a Longhorn steer, which is their symbol! For those of you that have no familiarity with cattle, there is a difference between a calf (as described in the definition), and a Longhorn steer. Because this is a public forum, let's just say that the steer is a male that will never be able to have a family.

#44782 05/07/04 09:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Deahler - I like your call! We appreciate the support.

R1C - Don't leave me hangin!

#44783 05/07/04 11:51 PM
LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
You guys got me all wrong. I have nothing against SA at all. R1C actually started it all when he picked them to win Region 4 and made that comment he was picking them because they had no competition. My first and only time I saw SA play they were ranked either # 4 or # 6 in the state, and I just thought that they were good but looking at who they played I questioned if they deserved such a high ranking. I guess I was wrong. I like dealher's pick. It's a good one and I hope SA wins. I really do. That just means that region 4 wasn't as bad as I thought they were. At least not SA. Oh well since both the boys and girls from Lexington are done I will just be reading the board for now on. Let me say in closing my comments in regards to Lexington this past season were NEVER directed towards any of the players. I know almost all of those girls and they are all great kids. They have such a great future ahead of them if they all stay together, and next years class has more great young talent coming.
Good luck SA....hope you girls win....really

#44784 05/08/04 12:43 AM
World Cup
World Cup
Deahler/Fan

Alright, my yearning for victory led me to the dark side. When the score was 8-0 at halftime in our first meeting, I began to hear the voices..."You like us us us us us.....Cheer for the maverickicksicksicks". After I pulled out the ole class ring, the spell was broken and I found myself disoriented, but unharmed on I-185. My mind is right now, have no fear.

ELF-
First, congrats on the change.
Second, you must be my younger brother in some sort of message board disguise for only he could turn something like your peculiar...aura into my fault. I'll see you at the house next weekend to straighten this whole thing out. Oh, and bring my green sweater.

S1-
What on earth do you mean?

#44785 05/08/04 12:57 AM
LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
R1C - I hope you realized I was just kidding you. I even edited my message after re-reading it. I think I may be just out of line here, so I'm out. Have a great summer.

#44786 05/08/04 02:16 AM
World Cup
World Cup
Of course. Now, Ex, if you leave...who could take your place on the couch? We'd all be tilting towards the middle from your indentation. Stay and enjoy the company of our newly formulated haven.

#44787 05/08/04 03:51 AM
C
goal kick
goal kick
C
Deahler- As per your comments to the Sptbg game, the starters were not kept in the match until the end. When the 3rd goal was scored with 20 min. remaining the bench was allowed ample playing time. Your damed if you do and damned if you don't. In girls high school soccer anything can happen, and isn't the idea to win? In no way was the score run up, in fact the last 2 goals hit the keeper in the hands and could have been saved. Certainly having your keeper tossed was no easy task to overcome. Penalty yes, red card no way! The Lexington girls were very good and in fact played very well a girl down. With their youth and talent they will certainly be a team to deal with in the years to come.

#44788 05/08/04 02:21 PM
L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
ELF --

"ELF", if you like it I like it.

lpaf

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard