Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grumble, grumble, grumble. I was very disappointed in the results of the Riverside- Eastside match. The ref called a PK in the 88th minutes, 8 minutes into the first 10 minute over time period to hand the game to Riverside. The results were not determined by the girls. As fast as the ref blew the whistle, it seemed he was looking for a way to break the deadlock. And the video tape shows that Templar slipped when making a cut on the short dry hard surface grass and had not been tripped or pushed or anything. You have got to let the girls play and unless there is a flagrant disregard for the game or decapitation, PK's are not called in play off games.

Then to say the game "quality kind of goes out the window" and "smashmouthing" (see http://news.greenvilleonline.com/news/sports/hs03 )because a team doesn't roll over and lose 15 to nothing could be considered insulting. I just hope it was an unfortunate choice of words.

Eastside's junior goalie #00 Rankin had some great saves, a total of 8 for the evening. Eastside had 2 shots in the first half, 8 in the second, and 5 in OT to keep the pressure building.

Thank you Eastside Lady Eagles for a great season. Best wishes to the one graduating senior, forward #13 Kacy Culbertson, as you go on to college. Enjoy playing in the North-South soccer game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulation to both teams for a great evening of soccer . Neither team was willing to budge a inch. Both teams looked as if this game was the state championship and both would have been deserving winners.
When the call was made ,I felt that it was a bad, bad time for a touch foul to make such a determination in a OT play-off game . Unfortunately I watched the tape of the play which did cause a sleepless night being the Dad of the only Eastside senior . The tape showed very clearly a cross to #14 and her tripping over her foot . The defender had nothing to do with her fall.Whistle blows ,14 up jumping and clapping . Beam nails the PK .
The second OT was a stall which I am told is good soccer but boring and frustrating. Long kicks out of bounds with no ball girls .And I am sure the CGSA Fusion girls remember the corner stall (especially Meachy)in the 02 Championship game in Greenville.
At the end both teams were competely wiped out. It will be hard to see anyone beating the Riverside girls .
Eastside does return all players except 3 year starter Kacy Culbertson and does have a nice upcoming freshman class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, the Eastside-Riverside game was what was billed. My beef on the whole deal was that the playoffs didn't rank the teams 1-16 and actually seed the playoffs. This would have had the Eastside-Riverside game for the finals.

The rankings could easily be done by a coaches committee for the upstate teams. Not some arbitrary designation set in the fall. We deserve better!

I know some of the #1's would have been ranked lower but who were they kidding anyway. They knew going in that the Greenville county teams are very strong.

This could have given a team in the 8-9, 7-10 game an opportunity for a win that might not have gotten one in the current format.

Enough rambling.

How do you get it changed though??? Please respond if you know how.... hint Kevin or Kyle.

World Cup
World Cup
Become an AD and submit it in their next meeting. I doubt this will happen since it was recently changed. I'm not so sure a bunch of football coaches would listen to the suggestions of this association...but we can try. If by rankings, then how do we determine those unranked?

L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
olander11 --

Thanks for extensive and colorful coverage of the Eastside games this season. It was, in my opinion, the best ongoing coverage of any girls' soccer team on this site and I enjoyed every post. Hope you're around, o11, to keep us up to date next year.

upstateSC --

"And I am sure the CGSA Fusion girls remember the corner stall (especially Meachy)in the 02 Championship game in Greenville."

What bothered me most about that stalling technique was that it was both perfectly legal and hideously cowardly, in my opinion. Fusion was clearly the second best team on that field on that particular night and the stall was not needed to prove it. The behavior of the GFC Boys team that huddled around that corner of the field and tried to incite the girls to violence was also less than admirable. We were all lucky that Meech Gibbs didn't kill somebody in her attempt to break it up. (Guess I should feel better now, huh? A little 2 year old frustrations released...) Oh well...

lpaf

R
throw in
throw in
R
this is my first year really being involved in HS soccer, so my opinions may not totally be to your liking, so either get over it now or stop reading. its seemed like few weeks ago WA's "amazing" offense had been a little stopped up, but summervilles game and both wando games have been a showing of the best of it. Bolt and Jordan both seemed very on their game at the Summerville game on Friday. I kno for a fact the WA girls are ready for a battle on Tuesday and i'm sure Wando is too. I'm hoping the WA girls once again "find a way to win". And i'm sure they will.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
James Island - Always the bridesmaid, never the bride!

M
bench
bench
M
SCsFinest...How can you say that the WA offense is any better then a few weeks ago.?.They only beat SHS 2-1.!.Oh how the mighty have fallen...No 3-PEAT in sight for WA. And the reffing was awful - both ways...He wouldn't have known an off sides if it had bitten him..Z

L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
Z --

For the offsides, are you talking about the lone Summerville goal where there were two forwards 3 yards offsides just in front of the goalie? If you have watched WA play over the last 2 weeks you will know what SCsFinest it talking about -- the offense is faster, more high quality shots on goal...

lpaf

World Cup
World Cup
Are you making that post based soley on score or have you witnessed the debacle yourself?

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard